PDA

View Full Version : Driftwood Lures: Custom Wooden Lures

DarkSkies
05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Met this guy today, name's Fred. He grew up fishing in Brooklyn, now he lives here.

We have paid advertising here, but I do try to promote some small businesses and start-ups for free. Normally I don't promote stuff without the guy being a contributing member. The reasons for that is that I don't think it's fair to give advertising away for free without the beneficiary being a part of our community here.. I don't think that's too much to ask. :don't know why:

I can't stand free-riders or selfish people, either on the internet or real-life. I've met so many manipulative and selfish people in my dysfunctional family circle that I'm turned off by those types and really try to avoid them when possible.

Fred and I were shooting the breeze about fishing. Talked about some good things in the fishing world and the early days fishing. It was only after I made suggestions about some of the things he was doing and threw some fishing stuff at him that he gave me his card. :fishing:

So I thought it would be fair to talk about him and some of the stuff he does. He might come on here and talk a little more about what he does when he gets a chance. I would appreciate that. :thumbsup:

Nice meeting ya Fred, contact me anytime yer out fishin. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
05-28-2010, 04:09 PM
What he does:

As I understand it, he takes plugs from kits and customizes them in terms of paint.

He's a pretty talented painter.

The most important thing to me is if a plug swims like it's supposed to and if it fits a profile a fish is looking for at that moment.

I paid for part for part of my school tuition painting and selling cars. I know how hard it is to lay down a good paint job, and it's nice to see someone who takes pride in their work.

Pics of his work and prices:

Large Danny/Metal lip swimmers - $25
Small Dannys- $20
Needlefish - $19

speedy
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
what no pics lol

DarkSkies
05-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Here ya go!

This is one of the small Dannys, it swims at 6-8" below the surface.

His phone # and e-mail.

gjb1969
06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
cool paint job i like tricked out standard looking plugs theres a nich:clapping:

madcaster
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
nice paint ...I know were that pic was taken:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-07-2012, 09:51 PM
^^ Then you really are a sekrit sleuth, Madcaster. :laugh:
I took great pains to hide the scenery at the top of the pics....;) :HappyWave: