PDA

View Full Version : NJ fishing reports June 1-15, 2010

DarkSkies
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
NJ fishing reports for June 1-15, 2010
Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
More discussion on this:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3763)

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
AI - Absecon Inlet
CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
CMC - Cape May County
CMR - Cape May Rips
GEI - Great Egg Inlet
TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
DB - Delaware Bay

DarkSkies
06-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Monty you won the plug in the May random drawing!:clapping: :thumbsup:

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked! :skunk::D

PM me your info so I can send it out. Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!:clapping:

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site! :clapping:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&thumb=1&d=1238964999 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&d=1238964999)

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&thumb=1&d=1238965622 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&d=1238965622)

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6339&thumb=1&d=1238965319 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6339&d=1238965319)

chas527
06-01-2010, 12:59 PM
fished sh this morning 615am till 11am . great morning no one on the whole side of beach i fish at , got 9 bass 1 sea robbon.4 keepers from 32 inches to 281/4 keep that one for supper.had a blast.

GeoffT
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Did the boat thing yesterday morning on a buddy's boat in RB. We got us free bunker way in the back on the way out then anchored up, chummed and chunked at our favorite bait spot. Slow morning due to the day being too nice, no wind and very hot but we still limited out on bass to 13 lbs.

chas527
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
fished sh this morning 6am till1030. what a differance a day makes,got 1 small bass at 10 o'clock, not a tap all morning.guy to my left got 2 keepers useing sand worms.

cardoc765
06-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey Dark, you say in your post "you won the plug of the month" but you didn't give a name LOL. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

rip316
06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I noticed that too but, I didn't want to break his chops. Thanks Cardoc for taking the heat on this one. LOL. I''ll anything that is not yellow. I have taken enough heat over me being associated with things that are yellow.

cardoc765
06-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Thats because he got a swan alert while he was typing and had to get his post done fast so he could go out there and save them from Fin.:laugh::laugh::laugh::wow:

Monty
06-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought that he was telling himself that he was the winner :d.

rip316
06-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Too funny.

DarkSkies
06-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey Dark, you say in your post "you won the plug of the month" but you didn't give a name LOL. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I noticed that too but, I didn't want to break his chops. Thanks Cardoc for taking the heat on this one. LOL. I''ll anything that is not yellow. I have taken enough heat over me being associated with things that are yellow.

Thats because he got a swan alert while he was typing and had to get his post done fast so he could go out there and save them from Fin.:laugh::laugh::laugh::wow:

I thought that he was telling himself that he was the winner :d.

Oops, my bad, didn't get to it yet. Sorry people, maybe tonight. :embarassed:

Work and fishin has got in the way of everything. Other than work, I've been out there hittin it hard in any spare time I have as the best of our Spring bass season has passed us and we are now about to enter the summer doldrums. I had a feeling we would be entering a slow period like we're in now...we might be lucky enough to get another few shots at them, but with the bunker boats scooping up as many bunker as they did, the majority of ocean bass have moved on. Anyone catching a 20 or bigger from the surf now will have to rely more on skill and less on luck, or have good scouting abilities by zeroing in on the few large bay bunker populations that still have bass and blues under them.

So I'm responsible for these and the NY forum winners, and Pebbles is responsible for the "Story of the Month" winners. We're both behind our deadlines. Ya can bust me for that, but ya can't bust Pebbles, as she gets special dispensation around here cause she fishes with a Finchaser custom rod. :wow:

As for Fin, you can't keep mentioning swans around the guy, or there will be none left. :scared:

THANKS FIN:moon::moon::moon::moon: just for that i going to send you some nice swan pics you will love them lol

Prefer dead

Every time he sees one, he takes out his .45, shoots the sucker, lassos it out of the water, and has it for breakfast with tabasco sauce and mushrooms and onions. :rolleyes: He has a Culinary Degree and can cook swans 50 different ways. That's why he doesn't need to keep any fish...his freezer is so filled with dead swans he can't fit anything else inside. :moon::rolleyes: :laugh:

Interestingly enough, there are no more swans in Fin's neighborhood, for some reason they're afraid to swim in the water where he fishes. :ROFLMAO ;) :don't know why: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Monty won the plug. Sorry so late doing the number generator thing. :embarassed: Monty I'll try to mail it out by the end of the week. Congrats! :clapping::clapping:

Monty
06-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow, Thanks big time.
I feel a little bad about my earlier remark.
Well......Not really, Thanks!!!
:D

Monty won the plug. Sorry so late doing the number generator thing. :embarassed: Monty I'll try to mail it out by the end of the week. Congrats! :clapping::clapping:

speedy
06-02-2010, 08:09 PM
very funny :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::plastered::plastered: :plastered:

Pebbles
06-02-2010, 08:21 PM
So I'm responsible for these and the NY forum winners, and Pebbles is responsible for the "Story of the Month" winners. We're both behind our deadlines. Ya can bust me for that, but ya can't bust Pebbles, as she gets special dispensation around here cause she fishes with a Finchaser custom rod. :wow:

And don't you forget it!:d

finchaser
06-02-2010, 11:36 PM
tonight 8-11 pm
1)27" bass
1) bluefish
Both on jig head and rubber,

Dark mugs me wind turns HARD OUT OF THE SOUTH ,WET FOG ROLLS IN BITE ENDS HE'S LIKE THE KISS OF DEATH:moon::HappyWave:

yukon
06-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I drove from NoOc up to NoMoCo to see if anything might open up but it didn't bet 6 - 8:30. I checked the back to get some bunker but they were on dinner break I guess. So I went home.

I did see two groups of boats out on bunker. Heard they did very good MUCH better then the last 5-6 days so the bass are around and starting to eat again and I heard good sizes too. To the south out of BI a friend told me there has been a ton of bunker far of the beach but not many fish on em:kooky:

For those up north in the LI sound both west and east and off the south shore I heard things have been on fire! Hopefully we see another push of fish.

I scheduled a date with some live eels for the late night high tide schedule this weekend.:fishing:

Here are some words of wisdom from Shoreline B&T in Belmar..

"The chunkers and eel fisherman cherish the next six weeks; if you have ever thought about trying that type of fishing; now is the time to get out there. You do not need to read fishing reports to know there will be some big fish around; you just need to put in the time............. "

Learn it. Know it. Live it.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Learn it. Know it. Live it.:HappyWave:

That your new slogan Yukon?
Like it. :thumbsup: :fishing: :HappyWave:

As for eels, I have live ones in my tank, and some sharpies already have their rigged ones set up. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif A lot of guys are waiting for the bluefish to vacate for the offshore spawn before they start throwin em, but they're :dribble: getting impatient. You should start settin those rigged ones up you like to throw.

DarkSkies
06-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Dark mugs me wind turns HARD OUT OF THE SOUTH ,WET FOG ROLLS IN BITE ENDS HE'S LIKE THE KISS OF DEATH:moon::HappyWave:

Yep it's kinda convenient to have either me or Killie around for when the bite slows down, we make great scapegoats don't we? :rolleyes: :laugh: :HappyWave:

Cliff notes:
Finchaser pulls fish from places they don't exist in...
Bass take a vacation from the decent action...
Bluefish step in to take up the slack, why are they so picky? :don't know why:

Finchaser pulls fish from places they don't exist...
This guy can pull a fish from a rain puddle, swear to God...:cool: I mugged him last night to see if things were different in OC, and they were dismal. We tried, I got :skunk:, he managed 1 bass, 1 blue, as he said. Bass were periodically blowing up on small bait, not grass shrimp, probably rainfish or spearing, tough to entice on the artificials, but he managed 2 fish. :thumbsup:

Fog rolled in, water got weedy, and we ("He" ;)) called it a night.

Bass take a vacation from the decent action...
Bluefish step in to take up the slack, why are they so picky?

I decided I wasn't done fishin. I had a new Finchaser custom rod I just bought from him, one sweet rod capable of pulling fish up to 30#, 6 guides, custom wrap. So glad to be able to fish a nicer piece of gear, I was drooling as I fished it and wanted to push it with some fish. Last night didn't seem to be a night for that. :(

Conditions were perfect, so I decided to hit up a few more spots. Even the old reliable back bay places were dead as I fished the last of the flood. Small profile swimmers, which had been getting consistent action, were dead in the water last night, couldn't get a touch on them.

The slack had produced nothing either and I was running out of options. The one thing that sparked me up was we had a pea soup fog rolling in, and I might be able to fish some areas that normally I can't get to. Even at those places, fishin still sucked for the incoming, it seemed like I would be soon calling it a night. :(

Finally hooked up on rubber as I fished the first 2 hours of the ebb. All fish were on the bottom of the water column, all bluefish. However the bluefish were decent size mediums, 6-9#, and all put up a good fight.

Why would you get excited over a few bluefish? :huh:
It's not the fish that got me pumped last night, it was the action, which was pretty consistent for that 2 hour period. That's the kind of stuff that I play over and over in my head when fishin is slow. Honestly, even though bass have been around for the artificial bite, we've had to work for every one.

The bluefish were picky, and concentrated, but at least there were a number of them around. I managed to land 7 to 9#, and dropped about twice that many as I switched to bucktail and worm combo to save on the cost of mangled rubber.

I was happy with the action, not many people seemed to be out fishin. The heavy fog may have convinced people to stay home, and there was a steady S wind, usually a bite killer.

I was grateful for the wind as during the few times it stopped, I was eaten by mosquitoes and no-see-ums. Didn't have a lot of clothes other than waders and jacket. I put a winter hat on my head and didn't take it off till I got home.

Fishin gradually slacked off.
I slept in the car. Hit it in the morning for 45mins, last of the ebb, but all the water I fished was dead, couldn't even manage 1 tap.

There was no bait of any kind showing where I caught the bluefish, hence the lack of top water activity. Later in the morning, I noticed small rainfish and larger grass shrimp getting attacked by small fish, but they wanted nothing to do with my presentations, even the small metal I usually throw at first light.

The 2 hours of action made the whole night worthwhile though. Ya never know what the water will bring ya unless ya cast into it. :d :learn:

wish4fish
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
dark when r u gonna fish the bunka,lol? we had big bluefish last nite, they came in on the bunker, not too many but they were chopping those bunka up.

DarkSkies
06-03-2010, 01:26 PM
dark when r u gonna fish the bunka,lol? we had big bluefish last nite, they came in on the bunker, not too many but they were chopping those bunka up.

Wish4 I almost came over to where you guys were but ran out of steam. Glad ya got fish, next time I'll try to get over and mug ya's. ;)

BTW Finchaser, thanks for selling me that rod. It can handle some punishment and will take on some bigger fish. I definitely believe it will do well with fish to 30#. I had some bigger fish I lost on bucktails last night, it can take a bend in it and still handles and throws well. My casts are now about 40 feet further, which is just what I needed last night. I'll try to post up pics when I get a chance. It's amazing that something so light is so strong, I love that stick. :dribble:

I looked it over for any flaws and couldn't find any. It must be tough for those who live with you with that emphasis on perfection. :kooky: :laugh:

Thanks again. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

rip316
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Good report Dark.

finchaser
06-03-2010, 04:06 PM
BTW Finchaser, thanks for selling me that rod. It can handle some punishment and will take on some bigger fish. I definitely believe it will do well with fish to 30#. I had some bigger fish I lost on bucktails last night, it can take a bend in it and still handles and throws well. My casts are now about 40 feet further, which is just what I needed last night. I'll try to post up pics when I get a chance. It's amazing that something so light is so strong, I love that stick. :dribble:
Thanks again. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

Glad it worked for you,a custom will usually outcast a store bought rod. I must be on a roll 2 rods in a row that the guides didn't fall off of.:HappyWave:

rip316
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Fin, you will be getting me my order for a fall rod. Something that will throw up to 3 oz. metal.maximum. I can not wait. I really love striper fishing in the fall.

stripermania
06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I threw out some bunker last night from 8 - 12 in nomo. :skunk:

paco33
06-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I fished Somoco from 5-8am today with fresh bunker - one small striper, one skate, one dogfish. Missed out on the trash fish trophy status, what do you need to complete that a sea robin?

cowherder
06-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Nomo for 2 hours this morning, it was right when the tide was low and started coming in, 1 bass 25" on clams. Paco you can get all the sea robins you want at sandy hook, there were a few of them on the beach when I got there.:kooky:

cardoc765
06-04-2010, 04:25 PM
was out today on a boat. Had a day off and managed one nice blackfish and that was it. One other bite that took the bait. No one today was getting anything. Was nice out there though despite the swell until bottom of the outgoing, then the water settled down.

hookset
06-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I hit some oc places after work today looking for fluke. It was hard as the tide was getting low. Tried one inlet, got 2 throwbacks with a small jig and some gulp. Seems like a slow start to the season for the shore guys with the fluke.

vpass
06-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I went fishing this morning from 4:30am to 7am. Fished SH I got the big: skunk: fifth skunk in a roll. I tried many spots in SH. In one spot I got chased by the mosquitoes.:eek: OMG I can't believe I made it out of there alive.

jigfreak
06-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Not much better down south of you vpass. I fished near IBSP this morning between 6 and 8a. Metal, one small bluefish.

ledhead36
06-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Tried to get something going on in oc this morning. Caught two blues but no bass. At least the fight was good.:thumbsup:

captnemo
06-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Slow day for fluke. We fished with the rest of the fleet near the ammo pier. Only one 181/2" fluke, over 30 shorts. There are a lot of very small fish around.

cardoc765
06-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Out again today with a family from PA on board. most of the day was dead. Tried to fish every kind of current we could find and nothing. Decided to make a move and but up agains a lighthouse. All of a sudden 14 y/o Brian looks over at me kinda confused and says he has a fish on. The confused look was not knowing whether it was a fish or stuck in the rocks. I stood and watched and saw a couple pumps on the rod. Everyone on board swore it was stuck. But I watched to see if we were getting moved around and we were not. Then the line heads for the anchor and the capt thought he had the anchor line. Finally i said heck with this. I grabbed the pole and started towards the bow of the boat. Pumping the rod and feeling a fish. It did wrap once around the anchor line, but somehow i was able to turn its head and get it to go the opposite way and get untangled. Everyone on the boat sorta forgot i was there since they thought i was getting the thing un stuck. LOL Then the line starts heading towards my left and i give a big pull back and it was like the angels sang AAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Ran back down the other side of the boat with the rod yelling for the capt to grab the net. Handed Brian back the pole. He looked at me confused again and i whispered to him "you got a mamba jamba on there". He smiles pulled back on the rod and everyone got excited. Kid fought the fish in and pulled up a nice 381/2" fish.

Love saving the day for the kids. Even the adults too.

I will say tho, water temps are very high. Still lots of bunker but nothing chasing them. Not even blues were biting the last 2 days. I have seen water tems as high as 73 already in nomoco area.

rip316
06-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I say that that story is leading for the plug of the month as of yet.

storminsteve
06-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Great story cardoc, looks like you are really helping the newbies.:thumbsup:
I fished nomoco last night with bunker, got 3 big bluefish. There were bunker passing by but too far out, didn't seem like much activity under them.

storminsteve
06-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Breaking news ยป (http://www.nj.com/shore/blogs/fishing/index.ssf/breaking_news/index.html)
50-pound stripers reported

By Al Ristori (http://connect.nj.com/user/ajristor/index.html)

June 05, 2010, 5:16PM

Though confirmed reports aren't available, it appears that some anglers have achieved the coveted 50-pound mark in striped bass the last couple of days. Capt. Terry Sullivan mentioned that this morning, and John Green of Brick said he also knew of a 50 caught by a boater off Lavallette Friday morning. At least one entrant in the Hi-Mar Spring Striper Tournament at Twin Lights Marina in Highlands weighed a "50" today, but Tournament Director Barry Heffernan didn't have the first day's tally completed as this was being written. I'll add another blog later, after that information is available.

Monty
06-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Fished from 1:30 to 7:30 this morning.
Had a little action early on, but could only hook up with one Striper, a little over 30 inches on a 14" Hogy. Blues started chomping on the Hogys so stopped throwing them. Nice morning.

cowherder
06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Great catch Monty! Not too many guys are catching stripers from the sand right now other than bait. I never used the 14" Hogys, what size hook do you use for them? Is that a jig head with that or do you just fish it unweighted?
I fished SH from 5 to 8 this morning, got one small fluke and 3 sea robins on the gulp and 3/4oz bucktail.

clamchucker
06-06-2010, 01:48 PM
One short bass from the surf at the park today, last of the incoming. Clams.

cardoc765
06-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Hogy's come in different types of baits. they have their own jig heads you can buy and nail weights. They have on that is a small fluke. According to a Hogy sales rep that bait is killer with the bass.
Check em out http://www.hogylures.net/?_kk=hogy%20lures&_kt=aa0e3d1d-a8b3-40cc-8aa4-20cc685c3d63&gclid=CLyY2rSXjKICFRfF3AodQGKiWA

Monty
06-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi Cowherder,
I started throwing Hogys and Sluggos last year so I am at the beginning of the learning curve. I tried Sluggos weighted and did not like that, the 14" Hogys unweighted have been my favorite and most productive by far, tried the jig heads and did not like that much. Has more to do with my style of fishing, throwing wood mostly, not bucktails and jigs. I will stop fishing rubber when the Blues start their thing (see collection below:scared:). I have rigged the Hogys with Gamaktsu size 8/0 hooks 02418.

Great catch Monty! Not too many guys are catching stripers from the sand right now other than bait. I never used the 14" Hogys, what size hook do you use for them? Is that a jig head with that or do you just fish it unweighted?
I fished SH from 5 to 8 this morning, got one small fluke and 3 sea robins on the gulp and 3/4oz bucktail.

buckethead
06-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Early AM i got one bass on shad down at SH.

storminsteve
06-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Hi Cowherder,
I started throwing Hogys and Sluggos last year so I am at the beginning of the learning curve. I tried Sluggos weighted and did not like that, the 14" Hogys unweighted have been my favorite and most productive by far, tried the jig heads and did not like that much. Has more to do with my style of fishing, throwing wood mostly, not bucktails and jigs. I will stop fishing rubber when the Blues start their thing (see collection below:scared:). I have rigged the Hogys with Gamaktsu size 8/0 hooks 02418.

Boy they really ripped the heck out of those hogys monty!
Congrats on the action.

I lucked into some wild bass action yesterday around 7pm in moco. It only lasted an hour, managed 2 bass to 28lbs, released. The crowding wasn't that bad where I was fishing, and the fish had the bunker corraled, it was great!:plastered:

DarkSkies
06-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Congratulations to the guys who hooked up :thumbsup: it's like a game of musical chairs sometimes... :kooky:

Hit the ocean at 4am looking for some bass. Threw ML swimmers from the sand, nothing.

Made a move at sunrise when I saw some activity down the beach. Got there, saw a bunker pod about 200' long getting hammered by bass about 2-250' out. By the time I got over to them they were about 400' out, still periodically busting on the bunker.

The interesting thing was that 3 different boats passed within 100 yards of them and kept going. :don't know why:
Later, when the bunker had sounded, a few boats stopped, possibly because they picked them up in their readings, but by then the action was over.

I spent the next hour casting different large pencils to them. Couldn't reach, but I was watching them feed anyway so why not cast to them? Next time. :fishing:

On the way home scouted some back bay areas. Lots of dirty water and chocolate milk. The ocean was a little discolored as well.

chas527
06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
fished sh this morning 630am till12 .got one small bass and 3 sea robbons on clams.bunker were jumping all over when i got there, did manage to snag one an drop it but there was nothing under them.

yukon
06-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Finally walked into a blitz... It's been going on three years now that I would walk up after a blitz would take place and be late for the party. Year after year I would get out there just a little too late then I'd blind cast waiting for it to happen. Nothing but pure frustration...http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/mad.gif

Sunday I went down early to SoMoCo to get some live eels for a night of fishing and just happened to come across an insane blitz alittle north in MoCo. Its one hell of an experience and was something I won't soon forget. It was the explosion on the plug followed by the tail flipping out in the air then the screaming drag and then the long fight finished up with trying to land them in the rocks that made it all worth while. I'd do it again in a split second under these conditions. The guys around were top notch except for a couple of locals with no kookers almost killing themselves but no snag hooks flying or anything stupid like that. Just a good hour of fish after fishhttp://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I had a 3' 80# leader to the new Alberto clips that he gave me this past winter at a local show and I never had to change a thing. They held up hookup after hookup even after landing 4 fish on the rocks, around them and even coming up over em and the Striper Sniper Pencil performed nicely.

I kept the smaller fish that came in around 23# and released the others. The biggest came in at an estimated 32 - 35# based on the same size fish being weighed next to me.

It may not seem like alot to some people but for me after all the time I put in over the years I can now play back the film in my head on each hookup, each lost fish, and the ones I got into the rocks.http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/drool.gif

Dark thanks for a great site and all the help!

Monty
06-08-2010, 07:08 AM
yukon, awesome report, congrats big time.
Great experience/memories!!!!

surfwalker
06-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Yukon, enjoyed your report/pictures, congrats. And yes, everytime you replay that time in your head, you'll feel that tighness in your forearm from one of those decent runs. I'm sure your smiles were abundant. Thanks for putting a smile on my face while reading that report.

Happy Trails

Pebbles
06-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Glad you found success at the blitz. Great fish and a wonderful report.

rip316
06-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Same here, guy.

DarkSkies
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
G and I hit up a back bay place where some bigger bass had been laying in wait for their nightly bunker meal. The water was a little clearer last night as we fished the first 3 hours of the flood.

We planned to snag some fresh bunker, but when we scouted 2 places the bunker was scattered. We used some rancid 2 week old bunker I brought along in the cooler. I know it was rancid because every time G opened the cooler I heard the dude retch. :upck:You could smell that cooler from 500' away. :scared:

People just don't realize the benefits whenever ya come bait fishin with me, and put me in charge of gettin the bait. Rancid bunker, stinky rotting clams, if it smells bad ya know I'm gonna bring it along. :kooky:

I don't think the freshness would have mattered as the fishin was slow last night. G had a nice baitrunner runoff on his stinky bunker that came unbuttoned.

Some other guys who came in after us managed 1 keeper on their bunker. Other than 1 weak hit on my rod, there wasnt much other action, fresh or stinky bunker.

Cool night out where for some reason the bugs didn't find us even when the wind dropped. Unfortunately the fat fish that we thought would be feeding weren't there, that's fishin.

DarkSkies
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Finally walked into a blitz... It's been going on three years now that I would walk up after a blitz would take place and be late for the party. Year after year I would get out there just a little too late then I'd blind cast waiting for it to happen. Nothing but pure frustration...http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/mad.gif

Like a game of musical chairs. People think blitz fishin is easy, the real task is finding the bunker that will be sacrificed in the Arena of Death. :eek:
There were acres of bunker Sunday, yesterday, and today.
Today there was a description of a bunker pod 8 miles long. Doesn't mean squat unless there are fish feeding underneath them.

Rip and Cardoc were out yesterday, they actually managed to find some nervous bunker, while 80% of the rest were happy bunker. Unfortunately they couldn't reach them, got some fish blind casting anyway. The act of seeing these fish feed just out of reach is like being a dog on a leash restrained 6" from a juicy steak. :dribble: Just doesn't seem fair, but that's fishin.

It may not seem like alot to some people but for me after all the time I put in over the years I can now play back the film in my head on each hookup, each lost fish, and the ones I got into the rocks.http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/drool.gif

Dark thanks for a great site and all the help!

Bro, you're entiitled to celebrate your moment and the hours you had happily in the middle of that action. :clapping::clapping:

People find it hard to understand unless they've been disappointed many times getting there just after the action ended as the last fish is brought up on the rocks.

It ain't that easy unless you have friends in a cell phone chain on every rockpile out there, or you're able to go there every day and sit for hours BSing with the Orvis catalog fishermen. :d
(many of whom really don't fish, I think they come down to the benches to look cool and get away from their wives and families for awhile ;))

The addiction is hard to explain to Earth people unless they've been there in the thick of of it. You miss one day, and that's the day they get hammered. :burn:

Congrats, ya done good! Congrats on releasing the big fish as well. I'm proud of ya! :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup:

chas527
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
fished sh this morning 630am till12. 1 small bass and about 30 sea robbons.seems like as soon as the tide went out, they went nuts. my friend fishing on my left got one keeper and a 9lbs black fish. bunker were jumping out of our reach.

Pebbles
06-08-2010, 04:32 PM
People just don't realize the benefits whenever ya come bait fishin with me, and put me in charge of gettin the bait. Rancid bunker, stinky rotting clams, if it smells bad ya know I'm gonna bring it along. :kooky:

Now you all know what I put up with.:d

finchaser
06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Now you all know what I put up with.:d

You are one brave woman,my hat is off to you:thumbsup:

storminsteve
06-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I can now play back the film in my head on each hookup, each lost fish, and the ones I got into the rocks.http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/drool.gif

Sounds like you had a blast! Awesome catch Yukon, great story!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

VSdreams
06-08-2010, 07:15 PM
:thumbsup:way to go yukon!

SharkHart
06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice work Yukon, I sat sunday out due to that wind, now im crying, but with the distance i have to go It seemed like a long shot. A lot of guys play the moon cycles this and that but it just seems the bass just come in and up when they want.

I did some night fishing in SNJ instead friday night and it was night of lost fish it has slowed there, I had a nice Bass rip a treble off and straighten another my old faitful 10 year old night stalker Mirro lure, before that i had about a 20 in fluke on it and get off near my feet and missed others, flukin in the dark on a plug. I switched spots and used a gulp shrimp for a short fluke then 10 mins later I had a smash and a drag puller even, pulled a nice 4lb fluke close to in and it popped off, talk about cursing, that was going to be good eats

jigfreak
06-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Nice fish yuke.:clapping:
My report, fished this morning before the high tide, :skunk:
saw lots of bunker with nothing on them.

basshunter
06-09-2010, 05:05 PM
6-9am today, by shark river, one bluefish on metal.

ledhead36
06-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Like a game of musical chairs. People think blitz fishin is easy, the real task is finding the bunker that will be sacrificed in the Arena of Death. :eek:

It ain't that easy unless you have friends in a cell phone chain on every rockpile out there, or you're able to go there every day and sit for hours BSing with the Orvis catalog fishermen. :d
(many of whom really don't fish, I think they come down to the benches to look cool and get away from their wives and families for awhile ;))

The addiction is hard to explain to Earth people unless they've been there in the thick of of it. You miss one day, and that's the day they get hammered. :burn:

Your writing style never disappoints, dark, always enjoy the colorful commentary.:HappyWave:

wish4fish
06-09-2010, 05:26 PM
sit for hours BSing with the Orvis catalog fishermen. :d

i hate those guys they think theyr better than anyone else, and you should see in the spring when they bring their VS to the beach to clam fish for stripers, cmon now why to you need a VS to fish for small bass? cus theyr more worried about lookin cool than anything else, lame azz sissies :2flip:

i went fishing today on the rocks in the rain this afternoon got :skunk:

finchaser
06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
i hate those guys they think theyr better than anyone else, and you should see in the spring when they bring their VS to the beach to clam fish for stripers, cmon now why to you need a VS to fish for small bass? cus theyr more worried about lookin cool than anything else, lame azz sissies :2flip:

i went fishing today on the rocks in the rain this afternoon got :skunk:

If you didn't use a VS send me your reel because it's shot, it got wet and you will need a new one anyway.:D:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Fished the slack to the flood last night to this morning. Got into a handful of small and medium size bluefish as the ebb changed to slack. Bluefish caught on large rattle trap and rubber, all fish in the bottom half or the water column. Once the incoming started I lost them and couldn't find any more action in any of the places I fished.

Went to fish the ocean this morning for the sunrise. On the way there I got a flat. Fixed it, but missed the first light bite. :burn: There was an "epic" :rolleyes: 5 minutes of action :laugh: and that was it. Ocean was clean and clear, swell wasn't that bad. In short, it didn't seem much affected by the previous night's rain, might be some good fishin today.

chas527
06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
fished sh this morning 6am till 12 .got 3 sea robbons.had one real good hit but it got away,had to be one big striper or a big ray.nice morning lite wind

rip316
06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the reports Chas. Sandy Hook has been really productive this year for bait guys. Me and Cardoc have had a few good days there and you did really well too.

LennyD
06-10-2010, 08:48 PM
fished moco tuesday afternoon, saw a few bunker here and there, ended up with nothing. I heard netters took most of the bunker from our area, that's why the good
bass season seems to ended so early out front this year. Last year lasted until july.

cardoc765
06-11-2010, 08:32 AM
That is true Lenny. BTW good to see you got out.

Up in the northern states, they closed herring fishing down so the boats up there have no bait to catch. So instead, they have been coming to our area and staying here 5-6 days at a pop and scooping up all our bunker. The problem with that is they take away all the bait that would normally keep the fish here and are getting bass and blues in their nets as they net bunker that are being eaten. To my knowledge, they don't keep the bass but they are gaffing them out of their nets and not just picking them up by hand and tossing them back thus killing the fish. This is a major issue for us this year. Charter boats now are having a hard time finding fish and bait which is very frustrating.

So a good thanks to our government for trying to solve one concern and creating another that would cause havok. In the long run, my fear is that NOAA will see that as a huge increase in catch numbers and then limit us even more in the coming year. Why should we pay for that????:2flip::2flip::beatin::beatin::burn::burn:

cardoc765
06-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Was out with a family (mom dad and 3 kids) yesterday. Not much really happening out there. Managed a nice blackfish that went back to be caught another day. They are for sure spawning. This fish had the fattest belly i have ever seen on a slippery. Got 3 short fluke, missed 4 fish that came unbuttoned, 3 short bass, 2 keepers, and lots of doggies. All the other guys were traveling all over in search of fish. I haven't seen bait pods much lately either. Jsut seems like when the going started to get good this year,, forces out of our control killed it. This is not to say it's 100% dead, but just need to search out the fish a whole lot more.

Doesn't mean stop trying tho. Look at Yukon. That kind of blitz i believe will happen once or twice again yet. Maybe more who knows. Even from the beaches, explore explore, explore. RIP and I early this week checked every road that lead to the water from nomoco almost to OC i think. Could have been somoco not sure. But we checked every jetty and beach looking for boats and for the sign of bait. Found the bait in moco and fished a while. It was a bit beyond our reach and I can cast like no tomorrow. I kept trying different baits from rubber to metal including swimmers, top water everything i had. I was pretty much trying to see what each bait did and practice reeling it in learning how to create the best -presentation with it. I got nothing but more knowledge of what and how to use what i had in my arsenal. RIP managed 2 small blues and a fluke that hit a ava.

All this to say, we found some awesome pockets near jetties to fish in the future and sections of beaches. Learned how to use my baits better and had a great time out there.

wish4fish
06-11-2010, 03:32 PM
rb in the back last nite, i got 2 big bluefish on bunker, my buddy got a 38"bass on bunker head right at the beginning of the outgoing tide, there was not a lot of fish or bait around

baitstealer
06-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I fished SoMoco 5-8am, one short fluke on a bucktail with gulp, nothing on the fresh clams I was using not even a skate. It was too quiet out there?

wish4fish
06-11-2010, 03:43 PM
If you didn't use a VS send me your reel because it's shot, it got wet and you will need a new one anyway.:D:HappyWave:

wat are u like the vs rep or sumthing? not all of us have the dough for vs we need to save some cash for the strippers, and we do just fine without those reels so i dont know what you are getting at but to let you know that i have got fish to 30pounds and none of us uses vs, we make sure we have good leaders and our knots are good, so i hope u are kidding:kooky:

bababooey
06-11-2010, 03:46 PM
not all of us have the dough for vs we need to save some cash for the strippers,

w4f, did you mean stripers or strippers?:naughty:
BTW I have a fishing report, fished for fluke today, caught 11 fluke, 1 keeper, Gulp swimming mullet was the ticket.

wish4fish
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
dude i said strippers, i meant strippers. man does not live by catching fish alone, sometimes u have to eat those fish if ya know what i mean, lol!

finchaser
06-11-2010, 04:43 PM
wat are u like the vs rep or sumthing? not all of us have the dough for vs we need to save some cash for the strippers, and we do just fine without those reels so i dont know what you are getting at but to let you know that i have got fish to 30pounds and none of us uses vs, we make sure we have good leaders and our knots are good, so i hope u are kidding:kooky:

Of coarse I'm kidding I have 27 reels and no VS. I believe equipment doesn't make the fisherman. Many VS guy's can't score without a phone call and a blitz

Most VS guys say if a non VS reel gets wet its shot so since you got your's reel wet, I was going to take it off your hands so you didn't have to throw it out just a joke. ;)

wish4fish
06-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Of coarse I'm kidding I have 27 reels and no VS. I believe equipment doesn't make the fisherman. Many VS guy's can't score without a phone call and a blitz

Most VS guys say if a non VS reel gets wet its shot so since you got your's reel wet, I was going to take it off your hands so you didn't have to throw it out just a joke. ;)

ok findude i didnt kno, i thought u were being grouchy with me cuz dark sez ur old grouchy bassstard, so its all good im just kidding too i hate the vs dudes who think their better than anyone else and i thought u were one of them. peace, dude:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-11-2010, 06:07 PM
i thought u were being grouchy with me cuz dark sez ur old grouchy bassstard, so its all good im just kidding too

Hey Wish, Finchaser's not as grouchy as I make him out to be, he's actually GROUCHIER!!:ROFLMAO ;)

I really think he was kiddin ya there bro, I guess ya figured that out. :thumbsup:

Working for the fish
Fished 3 hours of the ebb last night till the slack. 300 casts for one bluefish, woo hoo! :wheeeee: Had some other hits and misses, fishing rubber. Hit a few places before I found some action, but the "action" wasn't really much at all. The fish were not aggressive, it was almost as if I had to antagonize them to get hits. Just an off night.

And as we move more into the summer season, there will be less bluefish left. Pretty soon they'll vanish to spawn offshore. With many of the bass already North of us, that's not something I look forward to. :(

Slept in the car, hit the sunrise bite, nothing for me after an hour of blind casting. Beautiful water in the ocean, beautiful fishless water....:rolleyes: Did some scouting, found some promising news with spearing and small bait. The problem is there aren't a lot of fish around for the surf guys. If anyone can put a double digit night catch on artificials together without targeting a blitz, I salute ya, I worked like a dog to get that one fish last night.

LennyD
06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
i see you guys arguing about VS.
All i can say is i dont have a vs but if i'd have enough money i'd buy one, especially for Montauk, if you fish on the surf a lot and you really "fish" , going into the rough ocean when it has 3 ft waves to catch bass or blue you wade into almost water by your neck, you'll appreciate a real that is sealed , cuz you gonna get sand in your real.
Maybe one day i'll buy one.........
Peace!!!!:fishing:

fishinmission78
06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Fished the park today :skunk:
There were a lot of bunker past the bar, never came in.

finchaser
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
i see you guys arguing about VS.
All i can say is i dont have a vs but if i'd have enough money i'd buy one, especially for Montauk, if you fish on the surf a lot and you really "fish" , going into the rough ocean when it has 3 ft waves to catch bass or blue you wade into almost water by your neck, you'll appreciate a real that is sealed , cuz you gonna get sand in your real.
Maybe one day i'll buy one.........
Peace!!!!:fishing:

Were not arguing about VS just joking:ROFLMAO

I like my Saltiga's sold my VS reels but I don't dunk mine on purpose.

surferman
06-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Went out the ocean side soocco this morning. I was looking for some bass. Had fresh bait, bunker and clams. I thought they would have been busting the water but not my luck.

storminsteve
06-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Sandy Hook 5-7am, metal and bucktails. One fluke on my teaser, short.

Monty
06-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Fished 1:30 AM to 7:00 today.
First cast Striper on a black teaser, short around 22".
Started thinking first cast curse, fish feeding, but no hook ups.
4:00 AM fishing 14" black Hogy gets slammed, ~35 inch striper.
Then got two more around 26 inches on a teaser and a white popper.
Great time.

yardvillejimmy
06-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Late:skunk:Report. Fished NoMoCo Friday evening. Same old same old loads of bunker with no fish on them.

GeoffT
06-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Fun night from 10:30 PM-2 AM. Fish full of energy and fought like they were 5 lbs bigger than they really were. Nine bass to 12 lbs in NoMoCo on a wide variety of lures, including bombers, mag and SS darters, ML swimmers. Numerous hits and misses. .

Tons of bait, including bunker. Beach was deserted even though there's usually action in these parts this time of year. :thumbsup:

ledhead36
06-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Tons of bait, including bunker. Beach was deserted even though there's usually action in these parts this time of year. :thumbsup:

I was fishing the bay side nomoco tonight on the incoming. There were bunker in and out, and as you said, lots of small bait, fish were popping on them. It seemed like mostly small bluefish, though, and they came in and out of where I was. Got a few small blues using small yozuri's.

Congratulations on what was probably a great night of fishing, GeoffT.

GeoffT
06-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks ledhead. Here's a pic of one of the cooperative ones. :)

rip316
06-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Fished from 5am til 10am. the entire incoming tide. SH. The big skunko. 35 rods out there not one fish.

DarkSkies
06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Monty and Geoff, nice catches, at least someone is catchin! :clapping::thumbsup:

Fished from 5am til 10am. the entire incoming tide. SH. The big skunko. 35 rods out there not one fish.

Hey Rip, only ONE SKUNK??? :rolleyes:

I can beat that, got skunked 3x in the last 24 hours. :clapping: :plastered:
1.Took Pebbles fishin for an hour last night, hit my most productive spot, couldn't even get tapped by a bluefish. :(
Skunk #1. :skunk:
Then we did some scouting, found lots of rainfish, could have been millions of them. The water was like silver rain there were so many of them. Wish I could have shot a video, it was awesome. It was so awesome that not one fish was runnning through them. :don't know why:

2. Took her home, back at it again. Returned to the scene of the rainfish, different tide. This time I found spearing by the thousands, nothing on them. Left that spot and hit a few spots in the next hour. Managed 2 bite-offs by bluefish on spearing profile rubber, no hook-ups. Said the hell with this and crashed in my car. Skunk #2. :skunk:

3. Skunk #3: Up at 4am, out to the ocean, fishing some clear clean water. A bump on the bomber, was using a bomber and teaser.
(Finally got a chance to use one of Surfstix's teasers. :HappyWave:)
Nothing after that, despite changing up with different ML swimmers.
Around sunrise I had one blow-up on a yellow pencil, no hookset. Threw the pencil for a 1/2 hour more, nothing at all, couldn't buy another hit. :skunk:

It kills me because some nice fish were caught this AM, snag and drop. There were no bunker or fish caught where I was...that's fishin! :fishing:

gjb1969
06-14-2010, 01:45 PM
keep trying thats fishing :don't know why::fishing:

rip316
06-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, if you want to include the 3 sandsharks and 4 BIG robbins I caught than I guess it was not a skunk than.:2flip:

chas527
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
fished sh this morning 630am till 1130. one sea robin an a skate, did"t see a striper caught on the whole beach. i hope it "s not over.

storminsteve
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey guys add me to the :skunk: list! Fished somoco this AM from 6-8, plugging, blind casting, and some bunker on another rod. Came up with nothing. Dark, don't feel bad like gjb1969 says keep trying. I'm not ready to give up yet either. It's a shame that the bunker boats from out of state keep netting bunker, though.:burn:

gjb1969
06-14-2010, 05:21 PM
i wont let dark give up even if it means we have do the walk and he knows what i am saying:rolleyes:

wish4fish
06-14-2010, 05:38 PM
hey dark u shud have answered my text we got some bass way in the back last nite on bunker right after high tide, chas u are right it is slowing down tho, but no bluefish last nite either, wondered if they went on vacation for a nite.:don't know why:

clamchucker
06-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Fished the park today all morning, got one blue on a bunker chunk. The bunker are down here but they are in and out, you should have one rod ready with a snag hook at all times. As for the fish there have been a few, although IBSP fishing overall has been very inconsistent this year.

buckethead
06-14-2010, 06:20 PM
The bunker are down here but they are in and out, you should have one rod ready with a snag hook at all times.

Right on clamchucker, I fished an OC beach with fresh bunker from 3:30-5:30 this afternoon. I could see bunker out there, didn't seem to be anything on them. I caught the skunk. Don't feel bad fellas, misery loves company!:d

You know what they say, a bad day fishing beats a good day at work!

rip316
06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Chas I was at the fishing beach. where were you fishing?

cardoc765
06-15-2010, 09:54 AM
as must see fox new report
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loca...-part-1-030210 (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/investigates-fish-oil-part-1-030210)

lostatsea
06-15-2010, 11:09 AM
We were out this morning, south of Point Pleasant. Got one bass 22#, live bunker, between 5-7am. Then it got a little crowded and we made it back to the barn. There are lots of bunker around, guys. On the way back we did see a bunker bait boat though.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

baitstealer
06-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Late:skunk:Report. Fished NoMoCo Friday evening. Same old same old loads of bunker with no fish on them.

Hey Rip, only ONE SKUNK??? :rolleyes:

I can beat that, got skunked 3x in the last 24 hours. :clapping: :plastered:
1.Took Pebbles fishin for an hour last night, hit my most productive spot, couldn't even get tapped by a bluefish. :(
Skunk #1. :skunk:
Then we did some scouting, found lots of rainfish, could have been millions of them. The water was like silver rain there were so many of them. Wish I could have shot a video, it was awesome. It was so awesome that not one fish was runnning through them. :don't know why:

2. Took her home, back at it again. Returned to the scene of the rainfish, different tide. This time I found spearing by the thousands, nothing on them. Left that spot and hit a few spots in the next hour. Managed 2 bite-offs by bluefish on spearing profile rubber, no hook-ups. Said the hell with this and crashed in my car. Skunk #2. :skunk:

3. Skunk #3: Up at 4am, out to the ocean, fishing some clear clean water. A bump on the bomber, was using a bomber and teaser.
(Finally got a chance to use one of Surfstix's teasers. :HappyWave:)
Nothing after that, despite changing up with different ML swimmers.
Around sunrise I had one blow-up on a yellow pencil, no hookset. Threw the pencil for a 1/2 hour more, nothing at all, couldn't buy another hit. :skunk:

It kills me because some nice fish were caught this AM, snag and drop. There were no bunker or fish caught where I was...that's fishin! :fishing:

Hey guys add me to the :skunk: list! Fished somoco this AM from 6-8, plugging, blind casting, and some bunker on another rod. Came up with nothing. Dark, don't feel bad like gjb1969 says keep trying. I'm not ready to give up yet either. It's a shame that the bunker boats from out of state keep netting bunker, though.:burn:

I have to tell you I admire you guys for your honesty. dark, I have seen your reports when you catch, and yet you and the other guys aren't ashamed to post your skunk reports. That to me is a measure of your integrity. Sometimes I am embarassed if I don't catch anything, I feel stupid or intimidated if others are doing well. I don't report anything, I feel I have nothing to add, and am a little ashamed.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

And I like how you guys talk about what you used, and what the conditions, and how you fished, whether or not you did catch. I have learned a lot from you here, thank you.

Here is a report from a guy I can't stand. He is a member on another place and he never adds anything to the conversation, always criticizing others ---
"I killed them last night ...lost count...
...I did not have time to reply...I was very busy...http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/graemlins/cwm27.gif"

That's his whole report. Why even post if you have nothing constructive to share with the members other than to say you're killing them? Why not keep that info to yourself if you're such a good fisherman?

Today I can add to the skunk reports and I don't feel so bad. I fished clams in the ocean near the inlet at Belmar, from 4 to 7 this morning, nothing. At least I tried. And thanks to you guys for all the entertaining reports. Even if you don't catch, you are helping me a lot. You guys rock! I hope I get a chance to fish with some of you one day.:plastered:

storminsteve
06-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Here is a report from a guy I can't stand. He is a member on another place and he never adds anything to the conversation, always criticizing others ---
"I killed them last night ...lost count...
...I did not have time to reply...I was very busy...http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/images/smilies/graemlins/cwm27.gif"

That's his whole report. Why even post if you have nothing constructive to share with the members other than to say you're killing them? Why not keep that info to yourself if you're such a good fisherman?

Today I can add to the skunk reports and I don't feel so bad. I fished clams in the ocean near the inlet at Belmar, from 4 to 7 this morning, nothing. At least I tried. And thanks to you guys for all the entertaining reports. Even if you don't catch, you are helping me a lot. You guys rock! I hope I get a chance to fish with some of you one day.:plastered:

Baitstealer, I can sum it up for you in 2 words about someone like that,
INTERNET HERO.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif
A guy like that probably has no life other than fishing, and it's the only way for him to feel like a real man. Pity him.
As for smelling the skunk, :skunk: it happens to every one at one time or another. It seems like you are fishing the right time, keep at it and you'll catch. Maybe try fishing fresh bunker on another rod, and fish at night more. Catch them up guy, good luck!:HappyWave:

jigfreak
06-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Small penis syndrome.:laugh:

stripermania
06-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Baitstealer, I can sum it up for you in 2 words about someone like that,
INTERNET HERO.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif
A guy like that probably has no life other than fishing, and it's the only way for him to feel like a real man. Pity him.

There's one on every site, don't worry about the tool, just worry about putting time in fishing and you will be rewarded baitstealer.

stripermania
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I fished an oc beach from 10-1pm today, bunker got me 2 bluefish, and gulp teaser on the light rod got one short fluke 15".

chas527
06-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Chas I was at the fishing beach. where were you fishing?

fishing beach last one on right side .guy with gray beard.

DarkSkies
06-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Why not keep that info to yourself if you're such a good fisherman?

Baitstealer, part of my answer to that is that some out there have egos so fragile that they feel the need to prove their superiority with a fish on the internet. Maybe in other cases it's a self esteem issue. I don't undertand the logic behind a fishing report where a guy only posts that he killed x amount of fish, without helping people by sharing the "How" and "Why". :don't know why:

To me, a report like that is a waste of internet space and bandwidth.

But it's not for me to figure the reasons why people post what they do. The quote that you said came from somewhere else, if the guy is not a member here, he wouldn't be able to defend himself. So please let's avoid making judgements about people on other sites here, unless they pertain to a specific relative topic in a thread. I don't think it's fair to slam people unless they have a chance for a rebuttal.

Otherwise, you're all a great group of people. I appreciate the restraint and staying away from petty arguments and characterizations we sometimes see elsewhere. I just don't have the time to intervene in those petty disputes, and I thank you all for your cooperation. :thumbsup:

As for the skunk reports, don't feel bad, even the best out there have an off day occasionally. It's not shameful to post a skunk, and you might even win a plug. ;)

Keep at it, learn to read the water.
There is a great thread on this, some of our best minds have responded.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5633&highlight=reading+water

We're fortunate to have guys like Clamchucker, Finchaser, Surfstix, Surfwalker, and lots of the other long-time fishermen here who have been so generous helping the new guys. :lookhappy:

Do a search on the topic you want to learn, read the material, apply it on the beach. Don't be afraid to try something different.

Then, if you still have questions, ask away. I'm not gonna let anyone jump on another member here for having a sincere interest in learning. :fishing:

Hope this helps, and thanks for the good words. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

rip316
06-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I was straight ahead from the parking lot.

buckethead
06-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Fished the RB last night for a few hours. I tried some bombers but did not even get a tap.