PDA

View Full Version : Braid Color

porgy75
06-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Does it matter what color braid you use in different conditions?

Monty
06-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I just throw artificials and use moss green.
Tried hi visible yellow awhile back, I just did not like it and I thought that birds could not see it that good (think line got hit by birds pretty often, more often than the moss green). My leader is between 42 and 48 inches long.

surfstix1963
06-04-2010, 06:53 AM
I like the darker colors I also use moss green braid is very visible to the fish unlike mono thats one reason to use a longer fluorocarbon leader the less line they see the better.

johnnysaxatilis
06-04-2010, 07:40 AM
i used 30# pp yellow braid this spring on my lighter setup and i saw no difference in catching ability. In was intermittenly using that and the red on my other reel and i had better days when using the yellow. tied directly or directly to a snap. I was really sceptical, but ive convinced myself that it doesnt matter.:don't know why:

Now I fish on the cape and i was catching only schoolies mind you, they're not too picky. have yet to hook a decent sized fish on it. but for spring schoolies i'll use the yellow with no worries. just my 2cents!!

johnnysaxatilis
06-11-2010, 08:30 PM
yellow pp. 19 fish yesterday. all tiny, but i dont think it effects catchability

finchaser
06-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi Vis is my favorite for conventional
Moss green on some of my reels
Love Hi Vis night time in canals, rivers and inlets better control over bucktails as you can see the angle of line better consider it a must. With a 36 inch mono or floro leader no difference in hook up ratio on any set up.

A friend of mine ties direct to Hi vis mono and scores well

We troll tuna high vis braid with mono top shot no problem either