PDA

View Full Version : "The Dangle Method"

Rip-Plugger
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
wanna fish a bucktail waay out and not worry about hitting bottom?,, how about being able to sling a sluggo out to nearly or at 100 yards or more?,,
what about fishing a large streamer fly waay out and having no problem getting out there 300 feet?
well heres how you can do it!
what I do is use my tried/true dangle method,thats right I said dangle damn it!
take a tennis ball and punch a hole through both sides of it with a bait needle.

take your leader[I like 30 inches-5 feet long]and tie a barrel swivel on one end.
take a bait needle and tie it to the other end. push the bait needle through the tennis ball pull the leader through till the barrel hits the tennis ball.
at the other side of the tennis ball cut the leader leaving more than enough to tie on another barrel swivel.
tie another barrel swivel onto the bottom of the tennis ball.

now,all you have to do is tie on a bucktail,sluggo or small jig using your choice of leader length to fish waay out with ease. as I do,I like to put on a 3/4-1 oz smiling bill and sling it out,let it drift waay out there and then either employ my "do nothing method" or work it back slowly.

this really works well with a 8 inch saltwater assassin sea-shad,I like to have 4 feet of leader and do nothing waay out or slowly bring it in,they really whack the **** outta it!

thats the H-H Dangle method *****!
act like ya heard me,,,,,

R-P

finchaser
06-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Great idea works great

I use casting eggs,less work,they are aerodynamic,don't absorb water and they pop

Work great with a real or gulp sandworm too

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10860&stc=1&d=1272764360

Large one is 2 ounce small one is 1 ounce. They are threw wired with a 230 pound spro swivel on each end are sealed and painted with waterproof paint..

You,or Speedy should be able to knock these off

speedy
06-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Great idea works great

I use casting eggs,less work,they are aerodynamic,don't absorb water and they pop

Work great with a real or gulp sandworm too

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10860&stc=1&d=1272764360

Large one is 2 ounce small one is 1 ounce. They are threw wired with a 230 pound spro swivel on each end are sealed and painted with waterproof paint..

You,or Speedy should be able to knock these off

thats easy and they work great too:plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered:

Rip-Plugger
06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
oh yes,I have seen the wooden egg used,but,what I saw an old salt do with his old tennis ball made me choose the ball over the wood.
it seemed that he could steer it any way he wanted it to drift,wider,narrower.
I may try wood at some point.

R-P

finchaser
06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
thats easy and they work great too:plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered:

Make me some Pleeeezzzze:D

speedy
06-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Make me some Pleeeezzzze:D
hey fin what color and what oz.:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::HappyWave: :HappyWave::HappyWave::HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-05-2010, 01:12 PM
List of materials: (as related by Fin)
for anyone who's interested, you can get these eggs in any craft store, unfinished.

Buy the eggs
Drill a hole through the center.
Through wire the wires for the hooks.
You can also put screw eyes in, but a big fish will pull them out. :(

Put a nail on the top to wind the leader around to give the cast a more aerodynamic profile and get more distance.
This would be less critical if you're fishing outgoing tide where the water is deeper, or fishing off the rocks at an inlet where the tide is going out. In that case the tide could do some of the work.

Seal, and finish any color you want.

speedy
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM
List of materials: (as related by Fin)
for anyone who's interested, you can get these eggs in any craft store, unfinished.

Buy the eggs
Drill a hole through the center.
Through wire the wires for the hooks.
You can also put screw eyes in, but a big fish will pull them out. :(

Put a nail on the top to wind the leader around to give the cast a more aerodynamic profile and get more distance.
This would be less critical if you're fishing outgoing tide where the water is deeper, or fishing off the rocks at an inlet where the tide is going out. In that case the tide could do some of the work.

Seal, and finish any color you want.
dont for get about the wait:wow::wow::wow::plastered::plastered:

finchaser
06-05-2010, 01:52 PM
oh yes,I have seen the wooden egg used,but,what I saw an old salt do with his old tennis ball made me choose the ball over the wood.
it seemed that he could steer it any way he wanted it to drift,wider,narrower.
I may try wood at some point.
R-P

You can bet I'm gonna try the tennis ball:thumbsup:

finchaser
06-05-2010, 01:56 PM
dont for get about the wait:wow::wow::wow::plastered::plastered:

Ones I have, have no weight or nail

They are threw wired with a spro swivel on each end

On my way to Walmart to get a tennis ball,got an idea for the AM;)

speedy
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Ones I have, have no weight or nail

They are threw wired with a spro swivel on each end

On my way to Walmart to get a tennis ball,got an idea for the AM;)
i will turn them sun am no wait in them:plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered:

porgy75
06-05-2010, 04:29 PM
don't dangle it too much it might fall off.:rolleyes:

speedy
06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
don't dangle it too much it might fall off.:rolleyes:

hey bro its my egg and i can dangle it all i want too:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laug h::laugh::plastered::plastered::plastered::plaster ed::plastered::plastered:

nitestrikes
06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Anyone know how much those wooden eggs cost in the crafts store?

speedy
06-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Anyone know how much those wooden eggs cost in the crafts store?
yup just under a buck the ones i got are flat bottom you have to sand the bottom to shape it i like making my own thanks:HappyWave::HappyWave::HappyWave::HappyWave:

stripermania
06-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I thought there was a method I did know about.:d

buckethead
07-26-2013, 03:12 PM
This does work, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzPgug7n-g

dogfish
11-22-2014, 06:29 AM
old time favorite esp around bridges and breechways.

DarkSkies
01-02-2016, 01:07 PM
There's so much talk about new techniques and plugs, etc......
Sometimes, and old school method like the dangle method...or a loaded redfin.....will bring you the slob of your wildest dreams. :learn:

Thanks to Roddy for starting the thread. :HappyWave:

bababooey
01-02-2016, 09:02 PM
This was misleading. I was reading it and thought about an old guy whose pecker doesn't stand up anymore it just dangles. Pardon my ignorance.

seamonkey
01-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Lol