PDA

View Full Version : NJ fishing reports June 16-30, 2010

chas527
06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
fished sh this morning 600am till 11am ,one small striper 26 inches on clams. cool cloudy morning.didn"t see any bunker or birds diving.

DarkSkies
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
NJ fishing reports for June 16-30, 2010
Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
More discussion on this:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3763)

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
AI - Absecon Inlet
CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
CMC - Cape May County
CMR - Cape May Rips
GEI - Great Egg Inlet
TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
DB - Delaware Bay

DarkSkies
06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Report to follow. ;)

finchaser
06-16-2010, 12:57 PM
The Stripers and Anglers weight loss program, and fishing trips, sign up sheet

Report to follow. ;)

:2flip::2flip::2flip::2flip::2flip::2flip::2flip:

Sign this:moon:

GeoffT
06-16-2010, 02:58 PM
You calling me fat? :eek:

:moon:

DarkSkies
06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Cmon, Geoff, you're in top physical shape, you could enter an Ironman competition if ya wanted to...:HappyWave:

I was merely referring to the rest of us, specifically the 2 esteemed anglers I was with last night....:laugh:

story below. :plastered: :wow: :kooky: :fishing: :cool:

yukon
06-16-2010, 03:36 PM
I got out Monday in NoOc with my Uncle and my Cousin. My uncle is the reason I fish and I'm very grateful for it. He's been taking me out since I was 7. This was Dylan's first time fishing from the beach. He didn't know how to do anything include casting. So after about 20 times taking him through it he finally got it. In the end he only caught a handful of dogfish but the last fish he baited his own hook, casted it him self, set the hook and reeled it in. The funny part was we had to drag em of the beach at midnight because he was having so much fun and asked when we can go out again...:d

So from 6 - 12pm we caught a fluke, some blues and my buddy did get one REALLY nice 25# bass on a bunker head.

The worst part was I was getting calls and texts about the blitzes happening up north but time out with my family and friends was more worth it then a crowded jetty and maybe one fish!!

porgy75
06-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I decided to go to SH last night. I got there around 7 and fished until 1. I kept moving, tried everything I could think of but I went home empty handed.

wish4fish
06-16-2010, 06:46 PM
rb from 4:30 to a few minites ago, we were using bunker and got skunked, the fishing sucks for the last 2 days.

cowherder
06-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Nomoco, I fished 5 to 6:30 with bunker. Nothing for me, one sea robin. There were no fish caught on the beach I was fishing, there was some stuff going on with boats pretty far out. They were all bunched close together but I did not have binocs and couldn't really see if they were catching any bass or not.
Hey yukon, great report sounds like you all had a fantastic time!

DarkSkies
06-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Report to follow. ;)

Yesterday I got a lot of phone calls. Apparently, a lot of them were about fishing and the legendary fish that were being snagged and dropped. :rolleyes:

Part I
Also got a phone call from Pebbles, seems she had a secret phone conference with Finchaser's girlfriend, and Mrs Cardoc. It seems these lovely ladies :kiss: had concerns about the men in their lives becoming heart attack victims with all the late night fishing we have been doing, eating crap and junk food after these fishing marathons. So they quietly appointed me the physical trainer of these 2 esteemed S&A members. :ROFLMAO

I asked Fin and Cardoc to join me for a mellow night of fishin. :fishing:

What was promised:
A chance at some fish, away from the blitzes, in relatively easy-to-get to series of beach locations. No bugs or no-see-ums, just clean water with hungry fish...
(anyone looking for any bridges to buy in Brooklyn this month? :laugh:)

What was delivered:
Grueling, sweat drenching walking, a stubborn SW wind, some rock climbing, some deeply rutted beach paths, appalling lack of bait, and lousy fishin! (hey that's why they call it fishin, not catchin! :moon:)

Finchaser, Cardoc, and I each lost between 5-10lbs in sweat as we fished the last hour of the flood, first hour of the ebb. Fishin was lousy, but throwing bombers and small top water profiles we did manage to hook a few small fish which came unbuttoned. :don't know why:

West wind wally was unable to hang with us last night. :(
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5418

Part II
Fin and Cardoc left to go home and get some sleep, pretty reasonable to do that. :thumbsup:
I wasn't happy with the night's results, found some small bluefish that didn't want to hit top water. Played with them for about 2 hours.

Only fishin addicts will understand this part:
Even though they were small, the action was great. :lookhappy: I had a hooked fish or a bite off on rubber within every 10 casts. Landed about 9. Went through a lot of rubber, they were more partial to that than a bucktail.

Part III
Crashed in the car for 2 hrs, back into the ocean for the first light bite. Casted like a demon for an hour, nothing doing, lots of bunker washing through. I marked feeding fish at 2 locations, too far off for us surf guys, frustrating as hell.

Took a snooze so I wouldn't crash the car driving home to go to work. Missed a 5 minute flurry of activity where exactly 2 nice fish were caught, one by "P", :clapping: :thumbsup: I'll start posting those kinds of pics end of June in the blitz pic thread.

DarkSkies
06-16-2010, 08:48 PM
My uncle is the reason I fish and I'm very grateful for it. He's been taking me out since I was 7. This was Dylan's first time fishing from the beach. He didn't know how to do anything include casting. So after about 20 times taking him through it he finally got it. In the end he only caught a handful of dogfish but the last fish he baited his own hook, casted it him self, set the hook and reeled it in. The funny part was we had to drag em of the beach at midnight because he was having so much fun and asked when we can go out again...:d

The worst part was I was getting calls and texts about the blitzes happening up north but time out with my family and friends was more worth it then a crowded jetty and maybe one fish!!

Great report, Yukon, you did it your own way, got your cousin some first trip fish. And you guys had a blast anyway! :clapping: :thumbsup:

yukon
06-17-2010, 09:06 AM
All hell broke loose again yesterday with a monster bass blitz off the rocks. No more then 10 minutes after walking out onto the Jetty I had on a 30#+ bass. It went on over the next hour and I caught another 2 big bass and lost another 4. Huge pods of bunker were getting blasted straight out of the water 20 feet in front of us. It was an awesome day in jetty country:drool:

All fish released!

rip316
06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Good for you guy.

jigfreak
06-17-2010, 12:38 PM
What was delivered:
Grueling, sweat drenching walking, a stubborn SW wind, some rock climbing, some deeply rutted beach paths, appalling lack of bait, and lousy fishin! (hey that's why they call it fishin, not catchin! :moon:)

Finchaser, Cardoc, and I each lost between 5-10lbs in sweat as we fished the last hour of the flood, first hour of the ebb. Fishin was lousy, but throwing bombers and small top water profiles we did manage to hook a few small fish which came unbuttoned. :don't know why:

Happy to see you guys had a hard time. If it was any easier, people would be all over each beach, keeping their limit each trip.;)

Yukon, nice fish, congrats.:clapping:

I fished an oc sand beach this morning, bunker were thick. One bass 33lbs, live bunker when they came in tight to the beach, released. After that I nailed one 20lbs, it was bleeding, and will be dinner tonight.

gjb1969
06-17-2010, 01:13 PM
congrats on the fish :clapping::clapping::plastered::plastered::wow:

plugcrazy
06-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Headed out to somoco last night. Walked out down one of the access points and caught me some bass. One at 33" one at 29". Had a great time for a couple of hours.

Monty
06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
It was an awesome day in jetty country:drool:
All fish released!
Nice!! :thumbsup:

Happy to see you guys had a hard time. If it was any easier, people would be all over each beach, keeping their limit each trip.;)

So true. Congrats on the fish

Walked out down one of the access points and caught me some bass. One at 33" one at 29".
Plugs? Nice catch!

plugcrazy
06-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Monty I was fishing bombers and danny style plugs.
Right at the top of the outgoing night tide.

cardoc765
06-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Good to see some of you are putting in the time and getting some fish. Good job yukon. It's been pretty picky out there. I've seen pods of bunker out there and nothing under them. Just bunker having play dates with thier friends lol. Tried flukin yesterday, but with the wind against tide and how strong the wind was blowing made it tough. Even the skates and doggies weren't biting like they were previous days.

Hey Dark, I got the best nights sleep I have had in months after that workout. Even though we got :skunk: I still got to have some time with friends which to me is always a plus.

SharkHart
06-18-2010, 10:36 AM
everyone from every club and guides and surf fisherman , kayaks, boats etc etc were mobilizing on ocean county this since about 4 am, we literally saw a skunk at first light where yesterdays magic happened, then thats what everyone got boats included

Monty
06-18-2010, 12:08 PM
:clapping:Justice is served.:clapping:
If I read that correctly, that all were skunked.
I am not a fan of crowds slamming fish.

everyone from every club and guides and surf fisherman , kayaks, boats etc etc were mobilizing on ocean county this since about 4 am, we literally saw a skunk at first light where yesterdays magic happened, then thats what everyone got boats included

storminsteve
06-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Some pretty large cows have been caught the last few days. Some guys are walking off with 3 at a time using their bonus tags.
I fished moco last night with large black bombers and a large jointed. 10-12, 2 bass 24" and 28".

jigfreak
06-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Close but far-
This morning looked like a home run in oc, but as others said it was a dud. We had a brief shot at some fish but no cigar.:skunk:

yukon
06-18-2010, 12:57 PM
The magic man dropped acres of Bunker in the wash across 2 towns north this morning. Wish I was there. Heard the guys had a blast and released all there fish.

baitstealer
06-19-2010, 07:38 AM
MOCO last night from 8 to 1. I got one fluke and one short bass, on a green bomber.

voyager35
06-19-2010, 09:26 AM
We fished between ocean and monmouth counties in 40' of water today, 3 bass to 34# on live bunker. There was a lot of traffic, for us the good bite began to slow down by 6:30.

storminsteve
06-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Nomoco 6-8am, one baby blue on a pencil.

stripermania
06-19-2010, 09:41 AM
SH nice size fluke with a bucktail. Went out early this morning 4:30 - 7:30

killie
06-19-2010, 08:09 PM
took the kayak out this morning, 8 fluke with 3 keepers.
I'm beat.

surfwalker
06-19-2010, 08:11 PM
3am-11am. Front/Plugs. Nothing in the dark. Closer to sunup- three rises, no hookups/poppers/pencils. Picked up one short Fluke fooling around. Action about 3/4 mile out for around two and a half hours. Negative results for the bait guys.

basshunter
06-20-2010, 12:35 AM
I got a late start and went out at 8. Fished out Front with clams. Worked the line until 11, but ended up with a skate. Wish it were a bass.

hookset
06-20-2010, 08:58 AM
On the outgoing yesterday I went to SH. One small bass on a tsunami shad.

Monty
06-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Fished from 1:30 AM till 6:30, this morning.
Out back.
Threw Hogys, sluggos and plugs.
Only action I had was with my new friends.
They really love wader boots:eek:.

DarkSkies
06-20-2010, 01:01 PM
^^Holy crap, looks like a cluster eff! :eek: :laugh:
Something about you, makes those crabs hot! :don't know why:
Just kidding, I know they love those rubber boots, the kinky bastids. ;) :HappyWave:

cardoc765
06-21-2010, 10:58 AM
see the post about bunker boats guys. I found a post from a charter captain who has taken action. Dark was right, it's only a matter of time before they eff up.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=39084#post39084

basshunter
06-21-2010, 05:39 PM
The opportunity came and I grabbed it up after a nice fathers day. SH last night caught myself a 30" striper but decided to send him swimming. Caught it on bunker chunks. After that it was dogfish and skates, did someone say something about dogfish being endangered?

surfwalker
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
cardoc, thanks for posting that and I am very glad to hear that something was done about that bunker boat. Let's hope that the law is enforced to the max, which I doubt.

basshunter-Nice catch, were you doing plugs?

basshunter
06-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Surfwalker, I was fishing fresh bunker. I was kind of surprised because fishing has been so unreliable for striped bass lately. I figured with all the bunker out there and the cows the boats are catching, I might have a chance at a striper. I have been out a few times and have not posted a report because it seems a little slow, nothing but sea robins and skates. Well, at least the dogfish seem to be in, and now I heard some of them are pretty big, so that's something, right?

captnemo
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
We fished RB yesterday from 4-8pm. Found some bunker by the Hook, netted them, and went a little west of that. We had some sporadic action with bass and blues, managed 2 bass to 23#.

surfwalker
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Tuesday-3:30am-9:30am. Front/plugs. Dead-dark/first light/sunup, not a tap, dead, can you say dead? And hot as hell, not a breeze around, just hot, can you say hot? Saw absolutely nothing going on, no bait seen, water warm. Even the Ospreys went to the diner for breakfast. Next time.

Happy Trails

hookset
06-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Tuesday-3:30am-9:30am. Front/plugs. Dead-dark/first light/sunup, not a tap, dead, can you say dead? And hot as hell, not a breeze around, just hot, can you say hot? Saw absolutely nothing going on, no bait seen, water warm. Even the Ospreys went to the diner for breakfast. Next time.

Happy Trails

I fished an ocean county beach this morning, above IBSP. 2 bunker rods, one with a head, one with a chunk, 4-6:30am. Did see some bunker out there, they seemed happy.
Same thing as you surfwalker, avoided the skunk with one dogfish on the chunk.
Like the part about the ospreyys going to the diner, lol.:)

fishinmission78
06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Like the part about the ospreyys going to the diner, lol.:)

I think where I have been fishing the ospreys moved on to greener pastures.:skunk:

DarkSkies
06-23-2010, 11:25 AM
G and I decided to hit up a few places last night, from rock hopping to sand dunes, we covered a lot of ground.

Mystery baitfish:
Started in a place we haven't visited in awhile. Fished the last hour of the ebb, slack, and 1/2 hour of the flood. There were these fat round baitfish 4-5", jumping sporadically out of the water, being chased by small predators. The predators weren't bluefish, possibly were smaller bass. Couldn't identify the baitfish. Throwing profiles that represented that size and shape, plastics and rubber, we managed a few hits and misses, and G had a fish that came unbuttoned.

Also fished bait, bunker and fresh shrimp a guy gave us on his way out. Nothing on the bait.

Ran into Yukon on the way out of there. It was nice to meet ya, man, hope you had better luck as the tide filled in. :HappyWave:
Also met Debby and her friends who came out to fish after a decent day of boat fluking. They got 4 fluke, one keeper about 20", which I explained to her was a feat in itself, as the short fluke to keeper ratio is about 20 to 1. Nice meeting all you folks, keep in touch! :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

Scattered surf bass:
We continued on in a quest to find some bass. A few stops later I managed a short bass on a bunker profile swimmer, 5th cast, after a ML swimmer produced nothing. There weren't a lot of people out fishin in the usual places, the earlier rain must have caused them to go home. Just for that alone, I was in a good mood. :plastered: Fishing rocks and sand without too much company is my simple man's idea of heaven. The wind was variable from the S, and just the right amount to churn up the water a bit.

Also notable was the offshore storm that we watched for almost 2 hours. An awesome display of lightning and colors, it looked like the old Godzilla movies where Godzilla was battling Mothra. I really enjoyed it. :wow:

It seems there are some night bass around that aren't at the center of the bunker blitzes. We had to cover a lot of ground and not every place held life, but it was still a good feeling to know the potential was there if you wanted to work for it.

Hit a few other spots, hit or miss, toward the middle of the flood.

Bluefish on vacation:
Decided to finish up with a visit to a spot that had been holding smaller bluefish, aggressively eating rubber. It seemed to me the ebb was better for that than the flood, as we couldn't buy a bluefish hit.

At least we didn't get blanked, and got some incentive to continue the search for smaller bass on another night. :lookhappy: :fishing:

GeoffT
06-23-2010, 03:51 PM
No fish here. I'm heading to a land of boulders up north tonight for a few days.

Tight lines. :HappyWave:

porgy75
06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
boat trip, a friend invited us out on his boat yesterday morning. We fished off the Bradley Beach area. There were a lot of bunker but he wasn't marking many bass. He had some in the livewell and when we passed one group of bunker he tossed a live one in there. A few minutes later we had a 40" bass. That was it. We fluked after that and caught a few small ones. It seems the big bunker bass action is winding down according to what he said. I hope we get another week or 2 of the bunker action. It was fun being out there, I hope we get to go again.

bababooey
06-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Also notable was the offshore storm that we watched for almost 2 hours. An awesome display of lightning and colors, it looked like the old Godzilla movies where Godzilla was battling Mothra.

Mothras Special Weapons:
Gives Off Poisonous Yellow Dust
Emits Rays From Antennae
Discharges Bolts Of Lightning From Wings
Can block Godzilla's radioactive breath ray
Telepathic

Personally, I loved Godzilla's radioactive breath ray. Had a few girlfriends that had that kind of breath in college.:scared:

ledhead36
06-23-2010, 05:59 PM
OC 4:30-6:30. I tried bombers, swimmers and shad, nothing.

yukon
06-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I got out last night 6 - 1am. Waited to see if a blitz come together but the bunker and bass were 300 yards off the beach. I got bunker earlier then head south to a nice hole that produced some fish the last few nights but no luck.

Ran into Dark and G. Great seeing you guys and thanks for the extra weight and eels. I fished off some rocks and got a huge hit and thought I hit pay dirt but it turned out to be a huge sand shark. That was fun landing on the rocks:eek:

Gonna try again tomorrow. There are still fish out there guys and gals.

gjb1969
06-24-2010, 12:17 AM
good for u its still a fish and it must have bin a he@@ of a fight:wow::wow:

cardoc765
06-24-2010, 10:37 AM
WTG on finding fish lately Yukon. Good to see someone is finding them since they are so spread out lately and hanging way off the beach in cooler water. Check you pm's

skinner
06-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Fished a beach on LBI early, 4 to 6am, clams and bunker. 2 dogfish on the bunker, one pretty big skate on the clams.

paco33
06-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Fluking in the RB this morning. It was windy so instead of running down the beach we stayed in the bay. Fished the last of the incoming tide, and most of the outgoing. We managed 25 fluke, gulp shrimp and gulp mullet, no keepers.

cowherder
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Fished sandy hook from 5-7:30, 2 small fluke with a bucktail tipped with gulp. Also got one sea robin on that set up.

chas527
06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
fished sh with spearing and sea robbin belley.got 13 small fluke the biggest 14 1/2 inches;4 sea robbons an a sand shark. the flys were biting like crazy.

buckethead
06-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I had the same trouble with the flies at SH. I got two skates.

surfwalker
06-26-2010, 03:18 PM
3am-9am. Front/Plugs. One small Striper on 5" blk/sil Rebel, dropped off at my feet, in the dark. Nothing else in the dark with anything thrown. Threw my addiction(poppers) for a while, not a rise. Tossed a metal with a sparse hackle feather teaser on the walk back and picked up some fluke (teaser). Saw a few small pods of bunker out of casting distance, nothing actively feeding on them. Boats driving through them like crazy. Dolphins were in fairly close this morning. The Ospreys were visible all morning and appear to be losing weight daily. Water very warm, it's summer. Flies not a problem. Moon looked like a second sun. Cow Nose Rays were very present among the bait people.

Happy Trails

DarkSkies
06-26-2010, 09:13 PM
WTG surfwalker, the persistence paid off. :thumbsup:
summer doldrums
Sounds like the cow nose rays may become he new targeted species for the rest of the summer, for anyone dying to feel anything with shoulders at the end of the rod. ;)

scattered bass
Late report, I fished Thur night on the opposite shift surfwalker did, all of the ebb. Started in a small spot in the ocean, was kinda bummed when someone was already there. He turned out to be a pretty cool fisherman, great views on politics, fisheries management, and how this country should be run. He was showing me some awesome home-made plugs. :drool:

He said his son made them, was very proud of that. I thought it was awesome that a Dad was speaking with so much pride about his son. It turned out it was Sudsy's Dad. :thumbsup:

Nice meetin ya, Sudsy Sr! :HappyWave:
Sudsy you're a lucky guy to have a Dad who's so proud of ya!

crabs on vacation
I was fishin some rockpiles that in the past held thousands of crabs, and couldn't find one above the sand. Pretty unusual as we're approaching the full moon. More on that in another thread.

bluefish AWOL, scattered bass
I kept moving from spot to spot. Was at the 9th spot before I finally managed one small bass on a bunker profile swimmer.

Decided to look for some bluefish on the last of the ebb, couldn't buy a hit. Fishing in this low 70 degree water is really becoming a game of hit and miss in NJ.

A few large surf bass concentrated around the bunker here and there. All other real estate, which every rockpile should be holding a fish or 2, seemingly devoid of marine life. I understand they're not lighting the world on fire with large surf caught bass North of us either.

Summer doldrums, God bless you guys and girls who can get excited about fluking, :don't know why: :plastered:

killie
06-27-2010, 07:22 AM
kayaking equals fluke, another beautiful day on the water.
:)

cowherder
06-27-2010, 02:06 PM
I fished at sandy hook right around sunrise, on the incoming, one short fluke on gulp. Killie what were you using what was your secet, or was it the deeper water with the kayak? Shore fluking seems a little slow, maybe I need to think about a kayak.

jigfreak
06-27-2010, 02:46 PM
bunker in the wash this morning, OC. One bass on live bunker, 28#, released. It was good before the boats came through and buzzed the pods.

Monty
06-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Today fished ocean side 1:30 AM till 2:45 (plugs and Hogy), nothing, moved bayside. Fished 3:30 till 8:00. Hogy bit in half around 4:00, sunrise found some nervous small bait in close, got a short striper on a Salty Popper. Then lost two fish on a popper during the fights, one went Tarpon on me:wow:. Missed a real solid hit on the popper too. So some action, good time.
Only negative is those inconsiderate boaters (almost all boaters). Unreal, like they own the water and no one else exists.

killie
06-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I fished at sandy hook right around sunrise, on the incoming, one short fluke on gulp. Killie what were you using what was your secet, or was it the deeper water with the kayak? Shore fluking seems a little slow, maybe I need to think about a kayak.
bucktails tipped with gulp mullet. drifting across the channels

fishinmission78
06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Nice catches fellas. Brown sharks are in OC, Fished last night 8-11pm, 3 brownies up to 5' on bunker.

finchaser
06-27-2010, 10:21 PM

Did you catch or sun bathe:D

DarkSkies
06-28-2010, 08:54 AM

Someone told me on the rare 3-4x/yr that Killie does fish, he's more interested in working on his tan than catching. :don't know why: Could this be true? :ROFLMAO ;) :HappyWave:

bababooey
06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
We did some fluking this morning in the ocean, incoming, some gnarly structure, 30'. 2 keepers 23 and 22", 17 shorts, bucktail and new penny shrimp.

clamchucker
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I fished 6-8:30 today above the park, managed one bass at first light on a bunker head, bass was 31".

killie
06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
I did ok, but the 4 other kayaks that came in along side me did very well, with some big fluke. the were fluking a bit off the beach. that's where I'll be this weekend, maybe friday. :)
it's a blast, remember I have extra kayaks and I'm willing to tow ya. :d

killie
06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Someone told me on the rare 3-4x/yr that Killie does fish, he's more interested in working on his tan than catching. :don't know why: Could this be true? :ROFLMAO ;) :HappyWave:

yer nuts! take your kayak out flukin, it's fun and you do get some color. :)

DarkSkies
06-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Ifluking a bit off the beach. that's where I'll be this weekend, maybe friday. :)

Yeah, OK, if you say so. I'm taking bets that say ya won't, so far the action is running 2:1 odds against ya that ya don't show up! ;) :plastered::HappyWave:

voyager35
06-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Fished down the beach from Sandy Hook yesterday into dusk. Found some bunker. The bass under them were smaller, so we chunked. Managed 4 bass to 35", and about 15 blues to 10lbs.

chas527
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
fished sh this morning 5 small fluke. the flys were biting again.

fishinmission78
06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah chas that west wind is a killer with the flies. Fished ocean county till 7am, and then I was done with the green heads, sucked. 1 fluke, one doggie on the bunker rod.

chas527
06-30-2010, 01:00 PM
fished sh this morning 7small fluke.nice cool morning and no flies.

clamchucker
06-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I fished the park from 5-8am, the incoming. There were some bunker and birds past the bar but they never came in. Managed 3 fluke to 17".

baitstealer
06-30-2010, 05:41 PM
I fished SH last night, I also saw bunker but got no hits.