PDA

View Full Version : Just CRANKY

surfwalker
06-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Cranky as hell this morning, never got into my routine this year and pretty fed up with all the crap that’s going on. The greed, selfishness, and just plain ignorance of some groups of people.

Commercial quota crap-BULL_HIT. I don’t like it one bit, never did, never will, screw it, ya can’t have it. Used to try and think on the other side, you know, be fair, hell with it. And what’s it all about, GREED/MONEY.

Plovers-closed areas- screw that too. They better learn to live with humans or they are never gonna survive.

Bait bunker boats- boy, I never thought I would see the day again when a boat would be harvesting the bunker in vast quantities from under my nose again, makes me sick. If I can see a bunker boat from the wetline, then you are too close for me. Screw all the legal stuff, its just not right, wipe out schools of bunker, kill untold amounts of by-catch and then go on your merry way. Screw that crap too.
Spotter planes-hated to see them then and am even madder that I have to hear about them now. Ban the use of spotter planes.

Public access banning. More crap. Who the hell are these people that propose and enforce this junk. It’s the ocean, it’s not their ocean. And if I want to go to it and fish, I wanna go to any section I want, not a designated area with restrictions on access or parking. Shove their money up their duppa, it’s not only their beach, it’s everybody’s beach, you can’t have total control of it.

Registry in the name of science, absolute crap. Gotta register every year, why? Just to throw a line in the ocean. Gonna start charging me in the future. I registered once, why do I have to register every year. More revenue making for the greeds.

I thought some of these things were settled years back, but no. Every so many years people wanna bend the laws and get their way, whether motivated by greed, or self satisfaction / control, they make me sick. I’m not listening to the two side story theory anymore, the answer is no, I want what I want from now on.

Oh, yeah, by the way-have a nice day.

DarkSkies
06-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Surfwalker, I thought I would respond to some of your points, line by line.

The entitlement, greed, selfishness, and "me-first" I've seen among a large portion of people out there is getting out of hand. The peaceful times fishing at night I used to savor may be coming to and end, because others have continued to be selfish, with no regard for others.

After reading your points, I realized I agreed with all of them. Really starting to suck living in this state.

Then I asked myself, what's the alternative? :don't know why:

I decided I'm cranky too!
Pour me an extra large cup of that cranky, I'm gonna need it today. :burn: ;) :HappyWave:

finchaser
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Cranky as hell this morning, never got into my routine this year and pretty fed up with all the crap that’s going on. The greed, selfishness, and just plain ignorance of some groups of people.

Commercial quota crap-BULL_HIT. I don’t like it one bit, never did, never will, screw it, ya can’t have it. Used to try and think on the other side, you know, be fair, hell with it. And what’s it all about, GREED/MONEY.

Plovers-closed areas- screw that too. They better learn to live with humans or they are never gonna survive.

Bait bunker boats- boy, I never thought I would see the day again when a boat would be harvesting the bunker in vast quantities from under my nose again, makes me sick. If I can see a bunker boat from the wetline, then you are too close for me. Screw all the legal stuff, its just not right, wipe out schools of bunker, kill untold amounts of by-catch and then go on your merry way. Screw that crap too.
Spotter planes-hated to see them then and am even madder that I have to hear about them now. Ban the use of spotter planes.

Public access banning. More crap. Who the hell are these people that propose and enforce this junk. It’s the ocean, it’s not their ocean. And if I want to go to it and fish, I wanna go to any section I want, not a designated area with restrictions on access or parking. Shove their money up their duppa, it’s not only their beach, it’s everybody’s beach, you can’t have total control of it.

Registry in the name of science, absolute crap. Gotta register every year, why? Just to throw a line in the ocean. Gonna start charging me in the future. I registered once, why do I have to register every year. More revenue making for the greeds.

I thought some of these things were settled years back, but no. Every so many years people wanna bend the laws and get their way, whether motivated by greed, or self satisfaction / control, they make me sick. I’m not listening to the two side story theory anymore, the answer is no, I want what I want from now on.

Oh, yeah, by the way-have a nice day.

Don't hold back now:thumbsup::clapping::clapping::clapping::clappi ng::clapping:well spoken or should I say written:HappyWave:

bababooey
06-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Count me in for a cup of cranky, I hate those boats! They have no respect for anyone and are as intimidating as hell.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

gjb1969
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
i feel the same way its all a big mound of crap and it just seems to keep getting bigger and is a shame they all ned to walk a day in the life of the little guy just for a while and see how one sided thing are but that will never happen :burn: but come on people we cant just keep saying we are mad pissed upset cranky we must still fight this bs let them know they dont have the right to keep doing this bs so lets stop sitting there and do something WE HAVE TO STAND UP AND FIGHT ALL OF THIS thats just my two cents:fishing: in fish i trust:thumbsup:

hookset
06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Like gjb1969 says we should all try to grin and bear it, this state is nothing like it was when I was growing up. There are so many rules now it's crazy. If you gave me a machine gun I could be shooting people every day. But where would it stop?

Do you think the guy below looks a little bit cranky? As long as I don't look like him, my day is A-OK.;)

Monty
06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Makes me mad when ever I think about these things. Just plain disgusts me. Surfwalker, every item you mentioned pisses me off. A real downer.

Rip-Plugger
06-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Don't hold back now:thumbsup::clapping::clapping::clapping::clappi ng::clapping:well spoken or should I say written:HappyWave:

If it were in person,I am sure it would be well spoken,,,I agree,,,

R-P

buckethead
06-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Looks like we have some more people in the OGB Club.

jonthepain
06-17-2010, 06:21 PM
you hit some of the reasons why i moved out of nj

surfstix1963
06-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Yeah whats the membership fee for the OGB club because I've had it w/ all the BS maybe we should get all the fisherman from Montauk to Washington and florida to Washington and block an entire lane of traffic off so they can physically see how many voters are actually fisherman.These bassturds all have their own agenda and it has nothing to do w/ the United States.:2flip::beatin: :burn:

lostatsea
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Like gjb1969 says we should all try to grin and bear it, this state is nothing like it was when I was growing up. There are so many rules now it's crazy. If you gave me a machine gun I could be shooting people every day. But where would it stop?

Do you think the guy below looks a little bit cranky? As long as I don't look like him, my day is A-OK.;)

Ha I love this guy, I want that shirt!

dogfish
07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Aw come on guys it could be worse ya could be dead. Sometimes you just have to order some extra manpons.;)

Pebbles
07-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Scented tampax won't help crankiness. I used to think that action would but after the show of fisherman at washington I am not even to sure about that any more.

Everyone wants other people to the work then complain when it does not go the way they want.

I love the idea of blocking traffic, problem is not many would participate.

Guess I'm the cranky one today. (Though I think someone else might have me beat.:d)

blitzhunter
07-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Aw come on guys it could be worse ya could be dead. Sometimes you just have to order some extra manpons.;)

ha ha that's funny!

captnemo
12-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I get cranky when the sunlight starts to diminish at the end of the year. I cannot wait until we pass Dec 21, and the days start to get longer.

porgy75
12-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Talk about CRANKY.

UNION BEACH (http://www.nj.com/union-beach) — This is a story of peace on earth, goodwill toward men. Or lack thereof. A story of holiday spirit, turned holiday spite.

It begins with a six-foot singing Santa Claus, of the mechanical variety, plugged into the Union Beach home of Jill Patella. From her front porch, the plastic-faced Santa sings a loop of jolly Christmas songs. Remember that word, "loop."

The singing Santa waves and talks, too. In a booming baritone, Santa asks "How about a song to get you into the holiday spirit?" He asks this hundreds of times a day: to joggers, dog-walkers, the mailman or anyone else that wanders by. Then comes a song. And another. And another. And another. And .. you get the idea.

"Walking in a Winter Wonderland."
"We Wish You a Merry Christmas."
"It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."
Except in Patella’s neighborhood, it isn’t.

A neighbor complained not long after Santa was plugged in. It was making her loopy.
"She came over and said, ‘That thing is so ugly, I can’t take it anymore,’" Patella said.
Police were called. A decibel test was done. Singing Santa was within the law.
"I went into the neighbor’s house," Sgt. Tim Kelly said. "She kept saying, ‘Can you hear it? Can you hear it?’ Finally, I did, but I had to strain to hear it."
Kelly told Patella her Santa passed the decibel test.

"As long as it was off between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m., I told her it was okay."
But on Dec. 11, another Union Beach officer came by and gave Patella a ticket. The violation: NOISE. Written in capital letters.

Noise is exactly how Mark Dittman describes it. He lives across the street, and works nights and tries to sleep days. He says his wife, too, has trouble sleeping.
http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/9131796-large.jpg

Enlarge (http://photos.nj.com/star-ledger/2010/12/union_beach_fight_over_singing_5.html?fromentry=54 22925&fromblog=2080) Russ DeSantis/The Star-Ledger (http://connect.nj.com/user/rrdesant/photos.html)This "talking" Santa is displayed at the home of Jill Patella, (pictured here), in Union Beach. A neighbor has complained about it and a summons has been issued.
Russ DeSantis / For the Star-Ledger Union Beach fight over singing Santa (http://photos.nj.com/4504/gallery/union_beach_fight_over_singing_santa/index.html?fromentry=5422925&fromblog=2080) gallery (6 photos)

"All the neighbors are complaining," he said. "It’s playing from 8:30 in the morning til 10:30 or 11 o’clock at night. We don’t mind that she has it on. But just lower it."

Another neighbor, who asked not to be identified, said the whole thing "is stupid."
"Why can’t she just lower the damn thing?" she asked.
The Santa was barely audible beyond Patella’s yard Friday. Up close, the whir of the electric motor was nearly as loud as "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas!" Neighbors said it was turned low, for show.
"She turned it down because you guys were coming," he said.
Not true, Patella said. "If I put it up too loud, it gets all staticky. It’s not like I put the Santa out there to torment everybody."

And this where a little Christmas spirit is in order. Patella could unplug Santa for long stretches; the neighbors could be more tolerant of a lady who is recovering from a deep sadness. Peace and goodwill, in that order.

See, the Santa is "very sentimental" to Patella. It was the last Christmas decoration bought by her husband before he died suddenly in 2007 at the age of 44.
"I wanted it, but he said it was too expensive. Then he surprised me with it."
That was for Christmas, 2006, while the family lived in Arizona.
Daniel Patella died the following April of a massive stroke. The last three Christmas seasons have gone by without much joy for Patella. This year, she decided to decorate just like before.

"It was always my favorite holiday."
She has a tree in every room, and every doorway is ringed with evergreen. The walls are decorated with bows and ribbons and bells. There are porcelain Santas and Santa candles on every available shelf. There are wreaths and electric candles in every window. And the singing Santa is out front, warbling this advice:

It’s the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle-belling
And everyone telling you
Be of good cheer
It’s the most wonderful time of the year

storminsteve
11-22-2012, 02:13 PM
I could use these when I used to walk all the way out to the tip of the hook, fish all night, and there were no fish. Funny thread surfwalker. how have you been feeling lately?
Cranky?:scared:
:HappyWave:

dogfish
11-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah whats the membership fee for the OGB club because I've had it w/ all the BS maybe we should get all the fisherman from Montauk to Washington and florida to Washington and block an entire lane of traffic off so they can physically see how many voters are actually fisherman.These bassturds all have their own agenda and it has nothing to do w/ the United States.:2flip::beatin: :burn:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

gjb1969
11-25-2012, 01:06 AM
i will stay cranky till spring and thats it !!! d@@ sandy killed it for me:burn::soapbox::banghead2::2flip: