PDA

View Full Version : New take on blurple

surfstix1963
06-17-2010, 10:49 AM
This is a slopehead Danny I'm working on instead of the black over purple(blurple) I did a silver metallic base coat then several light coats of black and pearl purple,more black than purple in one coat & more purple than black in the second coat so as to have different shading showing up on different spots of the plug probably a little hard to see in the pic but it is darker in some spots than others.:don't know why:

rip316
06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
How much, how much, how much. Man that thing is hot.

jigfreak
06-17-2010, 12:39 PM
I like the big eye.:thumbsup:

finchaser
06-17-2010, 02:08 PM
:thumbsup:Very nice:clapping::clapping:

Rip-Plugger
06-17-2010, 03:24 PM
This is a slopehead Danny I'm working on instead of the black over purple(blurple) I did a silver metallic base coat then several light coats of black and pearl purple,more black than purple in one coat & more purple than black in the second coat so as to have different shading showing up on different spots of the plug probably a little hard to see in the pic but it is darker in some spots than others.:don't know why:

Nice work Stix,cool color.
seems that you are quite active these days.
good to see it.
get back to normal soon M8.

R-P

bababooey
06-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah surfstix, great color.

surfstix1963
06-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks all now I need to finish it w/o screwing something up painting is the easy part.I've gotten tired of the same old plug colors so I need to experiment and actually see if different colors are better,worse or a total waste of time.

surfstix1963
06-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Nice work Stix,cool color.
seems that you are quite active these days.
good to see it.
get back to normal soon M8.

R-P
Hey Roddy :HappyWave:when ever I feel somewhat better I head down and try to get some stuff done otherwise I'll end up a veggie on pills.

jigfreak
06-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Hey Roddy :HappyWave:when ever I feel somewhat better I head down and try to get some stuff done otherwise I'll end up a veggie on pills.

You're right about the pills you don't want to seem like you are in marshmallow land.:lookhappy:
Good to keep busy.

surfstix1963
06-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I do see good colors sometimes does that mean I took too many at one time.:laugh:

speedy
06-20-2010, 02:48 PM
very sweet nnice work stix :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::plastered ::plastered::plastered:

Jackbass
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
That looks gorgeous. I have done similar stuff with blurple. Purple and black spots allover the back of a plug scaled in Black and then a light light coat of Pearl silver. It winds up by looking like the milky way with glitter in the epoxy.

surfwalker
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Very nice surfstix. Your work is too nice for me to throw in the water. I tell ya though, they would look great on my Christmas tree as ornaments.

Happy Trails

surfstix1963
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks all I haven't messed w/ the glitter yet except for one plug need some more practice w/ it.

surfstix1963
06-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Very nice surfstix. Your work is too nice for me to throw in the water. I tell ya though, they would look great on my Christmas tree as ornaments.

Happy Trails
Maybe instead of the through wire we can run some LED'S through it for the tree.:huh::HappyWave:

speedy
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe instead of the through wire we can run some LED'S through it for the tree.:huh::HappyWave:
hey thats good tree plug :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: