PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Highlands:truck slides into water at municipal ramp

DarkSkies
06-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Sent in by Fin, thanks!

Gotta be careful at the AH municipal ramp at low tide. That ramp claims a truck or 2 a few times a year.

"Truck and boat with trailer in Atlantic Highlands Ramp this morning about 6:45 AM. Two guys were attempting to launch boat with out chocking wheel at low tide, ramp was very slippery, went in so fast boat, truck and trailer went about forty feet into harbor...
I launched like 2 minutes before these guys... water was way low... i only barely put my rear trailer tire in to top of fender, put in park, truck began to slide back before i could chock it... had son stay in truck with brake on while i got boat off of trailer as fast as i could... pulled foward and these guys were starting to back down...I POLITELY told the guy driving the truck, "BECAREFULL, VERY SLIPPERY, MY TRUCK WAS SLIDDING IN.... parked my trailer.. walked back to ramp to see these guys with the trailer way to far in the water.... said to myself oh boy hope they will be ok and we shoved off..... Really sad to see these guys in da drink.... Atl Highlands needs to get the fire dept down there ASAP to hose that alge off at low tide..... "

skinner
06-18-2010, 06:04 PM
When they finally got it out how many fish did they catch?:d

finchaser
06-19-2010, 08:24 AM
here's the picture

voyager35
06-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Hope they had good insurance coverage.