PDA

View Full Version : river or ocean?

baitstealer
06-19-2010, 07:48 AM
I am one to move around a lot when fishing. I have a friend who only likes to fish river. Jetties are not his deal. Do you have a preference or do you just want to go where the fish are?

Monty
06-26-2010, 02:06 PM
I like to fish alone or where there are very, very. very few others.
Then the choice is either Bay side or Ocean side for me, I will walk long distances fishing, really prefer not to go back to the Jeep and move.
Have a few areas I like to fish, and try to learn as much about them as I can (big areas). And I sometimes have a difficult time picking between the spots to go to. Like now....:kooky:

surfwalker
06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
When I was younger I moved around quite a bit by car. I don't do that anymore. Like, Monty, I prefer the solo walk and try to avoid any crowds, which is very hard to do with each passing year, and most of those spots are not very productive on a steady basis. So, now I go to a few areas that are in the same vicinity and most likely plug that one particular beach until I leave. In the fall, though, I will hit a few different areas in that same vicinity, just to keep them honest. I will avoid reported productive areas. Would rather make my own reports for my head. I only plug the front now.

dogfish
06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
They each have their attractions according to time of year. Fish where more bait is and you should hookup more. Keep a log to see when the fish make the transition. Usually it's pretty consistent from year to year, and some years it might be off a bit. The log will help to keep your fishing on track. Good luck.