PDA

View Full Version : Asbury Park going topless?

bababooey
06-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Hooray for womens rights!:plastered::clapping: :dribble: :lookhappy: :moon:
Bottomless next?:naughty:

Asbury Park officials eye request for topless beach

Merchant cites women's rights

By MICHELLE GLADDEN (mgladden@app.com) • STAFF WRITER • June 23, 2010

ASBURY PARK — While an ordinance on city books still considers wearing your bathing suit only on the city's boardwalk and sidewalks lewd behavior, the governing body is weighing the pros and cons of creating a topless beach.

"I don't know if there is a need for it, but there was a request from a resident, and we said we will look into it," Council President John Loffredo said.
The proposed topless section would be a nearly block-long area at the city's Eighth Avenue beach, Loffredo said.
The request came from resident and Yoga Basin owner Reggie Flimlin, who said women going topless is already happening in an informal manner at the city's north end beach.
"I think the most important aspect of this is that we do attract, because we are a city by the sea, a certain cultural diversity not really seen or celebrated in other places along the Jersey Shore," Flimlin said. "I just thought it would be appropriate for Asbury Park, given how open and accepting we are, to celebrate women's rights in a particular area on the beach."
But Councilwoman Sue Henderson said she's more concerned about the legality of creating a topless beach.
"I have no problem with people expressing themselves," Henderson said. "I'm keeping an open mind."
Unlike Black's Beach in San Diego or Sandy Hook's Gunnison Beach, two well-known nude beaches, the proposed Eighth Avenue location is not secluded and away from foot traffic.
"The problem is that we have a boardwalk that runs past there," Henderson said.
But Flimlin said this is not an issue of lewdness or nudity but of equal rights.

"Why don't we make it so it doesn't feel so clandestine and give us (women) a place where we can be comfortable?" Flimlin said. "I do think Asbury is ready to recognize a woman's right to be comfortable, to sunbathe without tan lines. We celebrate so many different ideologies and choices here, and currently men are topless and women should have the same right."
Loffredo has asked for a full report to be delivered at the City Council's July 7 meeting that will include how other communities address such guidelines.
"I guess it's a matter of maturity, honestly, as to whether or not you can accept it," Loffredo said

speedy
06-23-2010, 06:49 PM
thats going to suck theres going tobe people on the rocks just looking at boobs not fishing lol

speedy
06-23-2010, 06:52 PM
its fine with me to have boobs on 8 th ave but if your not fishing on the rocks............... G E T O F F

buckethead
06-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Several ways of thinking about this -
a. It will allow you more ability to fish
b. Less people casting over your head

c. Will they be hot?:naughty:

d. Or not:(