PDA

View Full Version : Favorite plug

basshunter
06-24-2010, 08:36 PM
What would you say is the most favorite plug of yours which you lost to a a fish?

surfstix1963
06-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Thats a tough one I really haven't fished in the last year and a half but even before that I can't remember losing a plug to a fish if memory serves me right about 5 yrs. ago I lost a SS darter to a blue and quite honestly I don't have a favorite plug.

vpass
06-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I had a Polaris Popper that must of caught 100's of bass, Many 20+ pounders. I losted on a cast( must of been a frayed line:don't know why:) It hurt thinking about it. I should of retired it.

Rip-Plugger
06-25-2010, 10:52 PM
My fave plug that was lost is a Hahns rudolph Pikie[medium].
freakin' chopper took a long,blasting run and snapped it off.
I got 4 more now though!

R-P

surfwalker
06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Like vpass- an old Polaris Popper. I know I hooked Bass, Blues and some False Albies- how many? I don't know. There were even some gulls it couldn't resist. It was always in my bag for years, like a friend that's was always there, crazy, talking about a plug as a friend. It was full of plastic wood, rattle canned so many times over that the chips were deep. Water logged and re-wired many times. It was a mess, junk, but seemed to always produce. People would look at it dangling from my stick and ask, "You catch anything with that?" My reply was always the same-"Whatta you care." I lost it the same way as vpass, just a lob cast and then gone. I guess it was tired and decided it had enough. Thanks.

Happy Trails

johnnysaxatilis
06-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Blue and White sinking 2 3/8 oz Atom Polaris. tough plug, easy to cast, can be fished multiple ways. Havent caught JACK on it this year though haha:don't know why:

dogfish
06-28-2010, 03:20 PM
I had a custom spook made by a friend who only makes a few. Lost it to a bluefish with a basketball sized head, the blue had to be somewhere over 17lbs, damn yellow demon.:2flip:

bluesdude71
08-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Darter, plain darter, given to me by an uncle that moved away and stopped fishing the salt. Lost to a bass on the rocks.