PDA

View Full Version : Should We Stop Eating Fish?

stripermania
06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
By Jerry Uppling

Farmed fish have been found to contain contaminants that would scare us to death if we just knew what the contaminants do once they are consumed. Now Gulf, and soon Atlantic, seafood will contain chemicals used to "breakup the floating oil" in the Gulf Oil Flow. Don't laugh this off, and don't depend on the Government's Food & Drug folks to talk straight because there are economical reasons to hush up the facts. Common sense should be the determining factor - water (oil & breakup chemicals) from the Gulf will enter the Gulf Stream then move up the entire east coast. All sea life will absorb the contaminants used to breakup the oil then when we eat the bounty the Atlantic has to offer we will become contaminated. Common sense questions - 1. Will the contaminants kill the sea life? 2. Will the contaminants kill, or destroy tissue in certain human organs?

I happen to love seafood, and I am aching for those who make their living from the Gulf and Atlantic Ocean because their way of life will soon be gone. Recovery from the so-called "spill" will take our lifetime. The Seafood Industry globally will be effected when the movement of the Gulf waters complete their global trek. The damage will last throughout our lifetime so what are we to do? Will it ever be safe to eat Seafood again? So where are we going to get our Omega's?

gjb1969
06-25-2010, 07:51 PM
well i have had fish from rb when it was a open crap hole long before the dep was all like dont eat this fish dont eat that crab and i will keep eating saltwater fish and i mostly fish the dirty water and i am not dead yet so it is what it is:don't know why:

surfstix1963
06-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Do you think the fish is any worse than all the crap they feed livestock and chickens to raise them to maturity quicker for market I'll eat the fish.:thumbsup:And take my chances

jonthepain
06-26-2010, 08:15 AM
So where are we going to get our Omega's?

the bunker boats will keep supplying us until there ain't a single bunker left in the ocean