PDA

View Full Version : close encounters of the shark kind

porgy75
07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
anyone ever have a close encounter with a shark, either from shore, boat, or kayak. One where you crapped your pants or came close to it?:eek:

storminsteve
07-01-2010, 06:25 PM
I have a healthy fear of sharks. A few years ago I was fishing near mantaloking one hot summer night. We had bunker chunks and I had a lot of old bait, chopped it up and threw it out. We got a shark about 6' long, 70lbs, it was pretty scary because I had never got one that big. It had serrated teeth, I think it was a dusky or brown. We cut the leader and got it back quick.:kooky:
When you bring them in, it's a little scary because they roll all over the place. It's a good idea to tire them out first, and be very cautious as they come in to the sand.
Check out this video I found
lKVkDVon5vI

storminsteve
07-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Here's another one, there is a small shark running through the bait. At around 2:00 you can see a slo-mo of him jumping out of the water.
dVw3wLis7Y8

bluesdude71
07-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I have caught some shark in my time but never been close to a hugh one.

vpass
07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I got scared out of the water in the florida keys while bonefishing. The funny thing was that I started to cast at it when I got on the sand. It was about 5 foot long. I don't know what type it was.

voyager35
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
We had a great white come in to visit our chum slick out at the Hudson canyon last year. It was about 14' long, and you could sense the power just the way it swam. Only saw it for a few moments, but it was awesome.