PDA

View Full Version : Fw: Nominee for e-mail of the year

DarkSkies
07-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Sent in by Surfstix, thanks!

NOMINEE FOR "EMAIL OF THE YEAR" !!!
http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f63291%5fAJPFtEQAAU4FTC8Z4wc%2fdTc As9E&pid=4.2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:
'Let me see if I've got this right.
'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.
'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.
'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams

'You also want me to provide them with an equal educationregardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

'You want me to do all this and then you tell me. . . I CAN'T PRAY?

dogfish
07-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Prayer in school should be a matter of choice. I never understood the fanatics who would get their panties in a bunch over that.

Doublerunner
07-06-2010, 02:54 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Jackbass
07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
My Wife is a teacher. They do have a lot to deal with in the cities. But I will say this if i had it to do alll over again, it would be my #1 choice for profession.

1. You work 180 days a year.
2. You receive incredible benefits
3. Your work day is roughly 7 hours.
4. Anything and everything they do after hours is paid for or they receive some sort of college credit. With enough additional credit guess what Pay Bump.
5. I work 60 hours plus a week for less money with much more stress.
6. My wife works in the toughest neighborhood in Worcester and the kids will not mess with her. She established a reputation early on as being tough but fair and Kids respect that.

I am not saying Teachers do not have a tough job. But all things considered, It is not a bad deal.

basshunter
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
6. My wife works in the toughest neighborhood in Worcester and the kids will not mess with her. She established a reputation early on as being tough but fair and Kids respect that.

I am not saying Teachers do not have a tough job. But all things considered, It is not a bad deal.

God bless your wife she sounds like one of the good ones.

Jackbass
07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
The Hardest Part often times is not the Kids. It is the parents and your colleagues, there is a ton of Political BS and back room dealings that happen in the School system.

buckethead
07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Nothing against your wife, but I feel as if the teachers get too many benefits. That is part of the reason why taxes are so high in Jersey.

Jackbass
07-08-2010, 10:16 AM
None Taken. Like i said If I were to go back and do it all again. I would line right up for that Job