PDA

View Full Version : 60.85lb bass caught!

ledhead36
07-05-2010, 08:53 PM
What a pig this thing is! I got this from another site. I heard he caught it somewhere in the ocean and weighed it in at Michael's B&T in Staten Island.
Beautiful fish!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::plas tered:

Congradulations Frank Noto!

Fish of a lifetime caught this morning.

Others to 45lbs caught & released.

60.85lbs
http://www.noreast.com/images/blank.gif

rip316
07-06-2010, 09:20 AM
That thing is huge man.

DarkSkies
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Ledhead thanks for posting that.

Sources tell me that fish was caught in NY territory.
There's an eddy of cooler water along the Western part of LI. Large fish have been feeding on the bunker there for the last 3 weeks.

It doesn't really matter where it came from, it's still a fish of a lifetime, nice fish. :clapping::clapping::thumbsup:

gjb1969
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
:wow: thats a pig x2

storminsteve
07-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Looks like they are short guys or the fish is a little bit in front of them. That bass looks freakish. I can't imagine what a Reynolds 78lb fish looked like.:eek: Catch of a lifetime, way to go!!!!:clapping::clapping::thumbsup::thumbsup::thu mbsup::clapping::fishing:

Here's the tale as told by Ristori -

Noto boats a "60"

Published: Monday, July 05, 2010, 8:28 PM

Updated: Monday, July 05, 2010, 8:57 PM

Frank Noto of Staten Island boated the largest striped bass I've heard of in area waters this year while fishing bunker schools east of the Rockaways on his Kristini from Great Kills. The trophy bass was weighed in at Michael's Tackle in Great Kills at 60.85 pounds.
Vinnie Vetere of Staten Island said two boats with a total of seven anglers got out for the dawn bite, catching eight bass from 30 to 45 pounds in addition to the trophy. A humpback whale was crashing on bunkers in the same area. Vetere, of Katfish Charters, had Vinny Iacone aboard on Sunday as they used bunker and trolled to catch 13 bass up to 42 pounds.

Striper fishing also held up in the mouth of Raritan Bay, even if the fish weren't that large. Capt. Sak Cursi had family aboard his Cathy Sea from Sewaren for bunker chunking, and there were bent rods almost constantly as the skipper was kept busy releasing bass. I was anchored nearby with Dr. Ray Flagiello of Staten Island, along with his friend Steve, and Capt. Hans Kaspersetz of Weehawken, on Flagiello's Edgewater. We had steady action with bass of mixed sizes up to 40 inches plus big blues before leaving them biting at 10 a.m.
Many anglers think July is too late for good striper fishing, but it could hardly be better than what we've been experiencing lately.

jigfreak
07-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Big momma.:thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
thats a big baby!,,,I'd be layed out after catching that one.

I never saw a 60 but,was nearby when my best friend caught is Ct. state record bass.it looked like a submarine with stripes.

R-P