PDA

View Full Version : How do you boat people cope with the heat?

surfwalker
07-08-2010, 06:40 AM
I'm talking about the smaller boats, not one well equipped. I’ve been out on some no cover boats in the summer and I just couldn’t take the heat. Between the sun beating down and the reflection off the water, it was just brutal. No matter how much screen I put on or the many gallons of water I drank, it was just not fun, could hardly wait to get in.

So how do you guys with an open boat, no cover/relief do it.

finchaser
07-08-2010, 09:36 AM
We leave the inlet 5:30 come in by noon

cardoc765
07-08-2010, 09:59 AM
it certainly is not easy. we usually leave the dock by 6 and sometimes back by 12. Other times we are back by 230 and then i have to clean the boat. Drink lots of water and gatorade. Eat and try at times to be out of the direct sun. I work on a couple so i have no choice. It's rough I'll tell you that. Especially when you get back to the dock out of the ocean breeze and the temp is 10 - 20 degees hotter. Then the sweat sets in.

jonthepain
07-08-2010, 12:03 PM
try being up on a 40' ladder all day w/ the sun reflecting off the siding...

i'm melting i'm melting!

(102 here yesterday)

bababooey
07-08-2010, 09:03 PM
What most of the others said here -

Don't go out in the bay with triple digit temps when there is no breeze forecast.
If you do go out on a hot day, get a pre-dawn start, and try to be done by mid morning. You should coordinate a trip like this with a good moving tide.
Or fish offshore. If all else fails, have a big cooler of frosty adult beverages back at the barn.:plastered: :lookhappy: