PDA

View Full Version : The generosity of people continues to amaze me!

DarkSkies
07-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Pebbles checked the PO Box yesterday. We should have checked it sooner but got sidetracked. :embarassed:

Lo and behold, what did she find?

A package of some of the most awesome teaser selections and styles, representing most of the small baitfish that run through our area. :bigeyes: :lookhappy: :thumbsup: :drool:

It came from Surfstix, who this year and last has had more than a normal share of troubles and complications keeping him from the fishing and outdoors activities that he loves. :(

Yet, he hasn't let that get him down. He threw himself into plug making with Salty's kits, creating some truly unique pieces. Also going full force into teaser making.

Some guys start out making teasers, realize the effort it takes, and grow tired of it.

Surfstix has thrown himself into this hobby with a passion. Never satisfied, he's constantly challenging himself to go to the next level, or tie the next difficult pattern.

And I and Pebbles are honored that he chose us as the benefactors of some of his fantastic work. :lookhappy:

Thanks again Surfstix, you're one of the people who help to make this community what it is. The color and initiative you bring here is commendable.

Can't wait till we catch something on the plugs so I can post it up.
(Fishing your teasers will be a blast too!) ;) :HappyWave:

Guys along the East Coast are starting to catch double headers of bass and bluefish in some areas, whenever the bait is pushed in close. I can't wait till that starts to happen in NJ. :dribble:

I took some pics, will post when I get a chance.

voyager35
07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
You do have some helpful, good folks here dark. That's one of the things that makes this a nice place to visit, that and no drama. Good luck on the teaser tying career, surfstix.

speedy
07-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Pebbles checked the PO Box yesterday. We should have checked it sooner but got sidetracked. :embarassed:

Lo and behold, what did she find?

A package of some of the most awesome teaser selections and styles, representing most of the small baitfish that run through our area. :bigeyes: :lookhappy: :thumbsup: :drool:

It came from Surfstix, who this year and last has had more than a normal share of troubles and complications keeping him from the fishing and outdoors activities that he loves. :(

Yet, he hasn't let that get him down. He threw himself into plug making with Salty's kits, creating some truly unique pieces. Also going full force into teaser making.

Some guys start out making teasers, realize the effort it takes, and grow tired of it.

Surfstix has thrown himself into this hobby with a passion. Never satisfied, he's constantly challenging himself to go to the next level, or tie the next difficult pattern.

And I and Pebbles are honored that he chose us as the benefactors of some of his fantastic work. :lookhappy:

Thanks again Surfstix, you're one of the people who help to make this community what it is. The color and initiative you bring here is commendable.

Can't wait till we catch something on the plugs so I can post it up.
(Fishing your teasers will be a blast too!) ;) :HappyWave:

Guys along the East Coast are starting to catch double headers of bass and bluefish in some areas, whenever the bait is pushed in close. I can't wait till that starts to happen in NJ. :dribble:

I took some pics, will post when I get a chance.
yes like i said befor having surfstix teasers is like having gold... he does great work and he is good people too!!!!!!!:naughty::naughty::wow::wow::wow::wow::w ow::wow::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Doublerunner
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

CharlieTuna
07-12-2010, 09:32 AM
You run a good site here dark. It's all about karma, do good and it comes back to you.

surfstix1963
07-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks Rich and I do hope you catch something Pebbles and yourself run a great site and I appreciate that so a little payback I feel is well deserved.:HappyWave:

speedy
07-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks Rich and I do hope you catch something Pebbles and yourself run a great site and I appreciate that so a little payback I feel is well deserved.:HappyWave:
stix you hit the nail on the head and yes they do run a great site
its a great place to come and ponder and talk to some great people and most willing to lend a hand thats the way it should be and thats why i am here:d:d:HappyWave::HappyWave::plastered::plastere d::plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered::pla stered::plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered : and yes very much appreciated thank you

vpass
07-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I agree with all the above posts. Great site, and great people.:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Great work Surfstix,:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rip316
07-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I have met so many wonderful people on this site. I have been on sites where everyone is calling each other bad names and people that are trying to learn. Everyone on this site is not like that. Just a great bunch. Proud to know the ones I do and hope to make more friends along the way.....

speedy
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
very true rip very true or should i say TMB IS IN THE HOUSE:clapping::clapping:

rip316
07-15-2010, 05:38 AM
TMB is always in the house. lmfao.

speedy
07-15-2010, 06:49 AM
TMB is always in the house. lmfao.
all work and no play makes a bent banana:bong2::plastered::plastered:

rip316
07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Today was all work from 6am until 1030. Than it was all play with Cardoc catching short fluke til 4pm. Spur of the moment run out. Had to get out and clear my head. Lot of stuff going on in there right about now. My bananna is still bent though.

rip316
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
This post is about generous people. I just wanted to say that I have met the most wonderful people on this site. You guys have given me tips and helpful advice. You guys have given me insight with my personal life and some of you have sent me little care pakages full of goodies that I can use while fishing.
Sometimes I get a little emotional when people are good to me because I was treated like chit as a kid by my parents. I just want to say thank you to all of you who have been good to me. I truly appreciate it and consider you all family. Thanks.

speedy
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM
This post is about generous people. I just wanted to say that I have met the most wonderful people on this site. You guys have given me tips and helpful advice. You guys have given me insight with my personal life and some of you have sent me little care pakages full of goodies that I can use while fishing.
Sometimes I get a little emotional when people are good to me because I was treated like chit as a kid by my parents. I just want to say thank you to all of you who have been good to me. I truly appreciate it and consider you all family. Thanks.
:bong2::plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered : thanks B R O

rip316
07-16-2010, 05:37 AM
thank you

surfstix1963
07-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Thank You.:HappyWave:Paying it Forward words to live by.

speedy
07-16-2010, 09:03 AM
see my thinking is give to others as others give to you
i dont need any thing i have my life and my boys,wife and my freinds what more do i need :plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered::plast ered::plastered::plastered:

DarkSkies
07-16-2010, 09:58 AM

Despite all the negativity and manipulation you saw as you were growing up, you managed to rise above it, help more than your share of people even though it was a struggle to do it. That sez a lot about who you are. I have more realistic conversations with you than I do with most of my family members. Yer a good dude. :thumbsup:

Thank You.:HappyWave:Paying it Forward words to live by.

You guys who say those words, and try to live by them, are in the minority in today's society. Thanks for being who you are. :clapping:

see my thinking is give to others as others give to you
i dont need any thing i have my life and my boys,wife and my freinds what more do i need :plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered::plast ered::plastered::plastered:

A couple months ago, when ya showed up here, I knew nothing about ya. Since then, I've come to see that we have a lot in common. Your concern for others is truly genuine, and you're a little nuts, like some of the rest of us. It's no wonder we all get along. :kooky: :HappyWave:

You're all great examples to others, my life is enriched by knowing ya's all.. :fishing: :thumbsup: :cool:

speedy
07-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Despite all the negativity and manipulation you saw as you were growing up, you managed to rise above it, help more than your share of people even though it was a struggle to do it. That sez a lot about who you are. I have more realistic conversations with you than I do with most of my family members. Yer a good dude. :thumbsup:

You guys who say those words, and try to live by them, are in the minority in today's society. Thanks for being who you are. :clapping:

A couple months ago, when ya showed up here, I knew nothing about ya. Since then, I've come to see that we have a lot in common. Your concern for others is truly genuine, and you're a little nuts, like some of the rest of us. It's no wonder we all get along. :kooky: :HappyWave:

You're all great examples to others, my life is enriched by knowing ya's all.. :fishing: :thumbsup: :cool:
a little nuts no one is a little nuts in this world :kooky::kooky::kooky::plastered::plastered::plaste red::moon::moon::moon::don't know why::don't know why::don't know why:

DarkSkies
07-18-2010, 07:26 PM
a little nuts no one is a little nuts in this world :kooky::kooky::kooky::plastered::plastered::plaste red::moon::moon::moon::don't know why::don't know why::don't know why:

OK, so you're a lotta nutz. You're waaaaaaaaay out there....happy now? :laugh: ;) :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
07-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Head stash stuff, I finally took some pics...

I can't wait to use them. :dribble:

Baby Squid :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
07-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Peanuts! :drool:

Small spearing and whitebait. :lookhappy:

Thanks again Surfstix! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

speedy
07-18-2010, 07:35 PM
sweet bro they look great stix does great work

speedy
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
OK, so you're a lotta nutz. You're waaaaaaaaay out there....happy now? :laugh: ;) :HappyWave:
Y U P :d

DarkSkies
07-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Y U P :d

:kooky: :clapping: :thumbsup: :plastered: :HappyWave: :fishing:

Y B normal? :cool: :thumbsup:
Normal is boring.

Pebbles
07-18-2010, 07:59 PM
My aunt is coming to visit next week from MN. She as never been here. My house needed some serious painting in one room so Dark and I started the undertaking. When Rip found out about it he generously offered his time to come and help. He was here all day.

Thank you so much, if it were not for you I would still be doing the ceiling.:HappyWave:

speedy
07-18-2010, 08:12 PM
My aunt is coming to visit next week from MN. She as never been here. My house needed some serious painting in one room so Dark and I started the undertaking. When Rip found out about it he generously offered his time to come and help. He was here all day.

Thank you so much, if it were not for you I would still be doing the ceiling.:HappyWave:
W O W THATS GREAT WTG RIP:wow::wow::clapping::clapping:

jonthepain
07-18-2010, 10:25 PM
who's got little nuts?

whyioughtta...

surfstix1963
07-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Alot of the good people I met were on this site and being from NY it's hard to meet many good people you really have to sort out the bunch everyone on this site are really good people.BTW Rich your welcome & anytime, you have helped me on many occasions more than you probably know.:thumbsup:

rip316
07-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Anytime Pebbles.

DarkSkies
07-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Surfstix, you've been through a lot and still have what it takes to keep up the fight. :thumbsup:
I'm glad if I can help in some small way. There are people who helped me when I've been in my worst mind space, it really makes a difference sometimes. Like you said, paying it forward is good Mojo. :cool:

Rip, you helping us paint allowed me to start sanding that floor, which hadn't been done in 40 years. Lots of cross and diagonal sanding to get the stains and deep scratches out. Then more sanding to smooth out the hills and valleys from the cross sanding. I never thought I would be able to get that sanding started. Your help made a difference. Again, a sincere thanks. :clapping: :HappyWave:

rip316
07-19-2010, 09:58 AM
My pleasure.

DarkSkies
10-13-2013, 11:02 PM
to the top, Surfstix was at it again...thanks very much! :HappyWave:

Pebbles
10-13-2013, 11:19 PM
ok I wrote a really nice post, but due to the site being down it got deleted. Anyhow, a few weeks ago I came home to find a wonderful package waiting for me. It came at the perfect time. I have had a terrible tragedy happen with a very close family member, who I absolutely loved. I was starting to question God and why there always seems to be a black cloud following me and my family.

I lost interest in everything. Well the package helped bring me back to reality. It helped me realize that I can always turn to the solitude of the sea, the sounds of the rushing ocean and the salted breeze. You see what was in that package were three amazing plugs and some incredible bucktail teasers, from Surfstix.
:heart: Sometimes in life people unknowingly make a huge difference to others. Well Rich, you will never know how that "care package" affected me. It helped me realize that there is life after great sadness. I can't thank you enough!! Your generosity will always be remembered and I thank you with all my heart.

Here is a picture of the beautiful plugs he sent me!

cowherder
10-14-2013, 08:26 PM
^^^That was very poignant and beautiful. I am sorry for your loss pebbles. I hope things do get better. surfstix those are nice looking plugs good mojo on you!

dogfish
10-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Nice work stix. Pebbles condolences for your loss. Fishing definitely helps to renew when you are down.

fishgutz
10-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Very cool of you surfstix sir! Pebbles that was so sad. I hope things get better down the road. t&p

ledhead36
10-14-2013, 09:22 PM
pebbles very sorry to hear the news. I hope that with time and prayers the black cloud will be lifted. please you or dark let us know if there is anything we can do.

surfstix1963
10-17-2013, 06:53 AM
You are more then Welcome Pebbles please enjoy them I'm sorry to hear about your loss, things will get better in time that's what I tell myself everyday "One day at a time" Now go get some teeth marks in those plugs or hang some stripes from them.