PDA

View Full Version : Back in the old days thread....

DarkSkies
07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I was reading the news this morning. It seems they now have online articles to teach you how to avoid nosy neighbors.

Imagine that! :rolleyes:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=dealing+with+nosy+neighbors&cs=bz&fr=fp-today-na&fr2=mktg

Back in the old days when I grew up, the way to avoid nosy neighbors was to:
a. Not talk to them.
b. Make friends and include them in your life so they wouldn't be so nosy (unless you had a habit of growing pot plants in your back yard :rolleyes:) in which case you didn't want friendly OR nosy neighbors poking around :hippie: :lookhappy:

I was thinkin if you ever asked yourselves how much easier the internet has made things for us all, particularly fishing. :fishing: I thought some of ya's might want to share the things ya did, back in the day, fishing or otherwise, that you don't have to do now in these modern times we're living in.

Let's hear em!

surferman
07-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Back in the old days we had to re-heat dinners in the oven instead of in microwaves.

jigfreak
07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
in the old days people learned to fish by doing, and there were no seminars.

rip316
07-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Had to dry the clothes on a line in the backyard and your effin pants would be frozen when you did it in the winter. lmfao. My parents would make me go to school after I warmed them hanging off the oven door.

Rip-Plugger
07-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I actually lked setting the dual points on my 1969 429 thunderjet LTD,now electronic triggers do the work.
if I find one tomorrow thats in working order,i'm buying it!

R-P