PDA

View Full Version : Tips and tricks for catching fish this weekend

DarkSkies
09-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Everyone says that the hurricane winds heat the fishing up.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5418&highlight=west+wind+wally

I'm pretty excited about it, I just don't know exactly when I should be fishing, and want to maximize my time out there. :bucktooth:

So I came up with a plan...

Just like Killie always does when he wants up-to-date scouting intel, I called Finchaser.

I asked him where and when I should be fishing. :don't know why: I'm only targeting 40# bass and up, as I've heard the best fishing is in the fall. :rolleyes:

I'm so clueless, because the advice he gave me was like nothing I'd never heard before. :huh:

DarkSkies
09-04-2010, 09:10 AM
This is what he told me......

1. Buy a white bucket, or a Home Depot orange bucket will do if ya can't find white.

2. Go to your local CVS, Buy 2 boxes of condoms, one regular, one large.

3. Go to Shop-Rite, buy a jar of Hellman's mayonaise. It has to be Hellman's, the other brands don't work as well.

4. Fill half the condoms with mayonaisse, and tie them off. (Save the other half for later, or if ya get lucky on Labor Day.)

5. Attach #10 gamakatsu circle hooks to the condom with rubber bands.

6. Also buy a pack of cheap water balloons at the 99c store.

7. Go to the beach between 3-5:30 am. The timing is critical because all the 40# fish stop feeding at exactly 5:29.

8, Lob the "white eels" out carefully so they don't break. Use a 3oz LEAD sinker on a 3 way swivel. About 3' up on the leader, attach a balloon, filled halfway with air.

9. This only works, in NJ, when you have a steady WEST wind. The west wind will push your white eels out to sea and into the strike zone.

10. Allow your presentation to drift out about 300'. If you're fishing the end of a jetty, you only have to let it go out about 200'. This is where all the big cows are. Don't bother messing with those 24" schoolies in the wash. You want the big fish, get ready! :wow:

11. When you do hook into a nice bass, make sure you wait a few seconds for it to grab the white eel. You will know this is happening when the balloon goes fully underwater. If the balloon only goes partly under, your white eel is probably being courted by a "bratwurst fish". The bratwurst fish are common to NJ when the Octoberfest beer comes out. This is usually in October, but sometimes they do show up in Sept.

12. This is such a great method of fishing you may catch over your limit of 40# bass. If you do, please practice safe catch and release.

I hope this helps you fishermen out there. I wanted to share the secret of an old time sharpie with ya, as related by Fin.

If anyone needs more detailed tips and tricks, feel free to call or PM Finchaser, any time of day or night. It's all about you getting that cow in the chocolate ocean. Don't feel bashful about calling him late, that's what he's there for.

He also told me that for the first person catching a fish using this method who is able to document it for others out there, he will offer you a full day guided Finchaser surf fishing trip. :dribble:(sorry, he can only offer this to one person right now) ;)

The day will begin at 3am, and end at 12 midnight. You are responsible for bringing breakfast lunch and dinner for you both, adult frosty beverages, and at least 2 boxes of peanut butter cupcakes for him. He will supply all other gear and tackle.

I'll also throw in 1 free plug to the winner of the trip.

Ready, set, go!!! :plastered:

Let's see some pics of those cows from the storm tossed northeast storm waters. :drool:

finchaser
09-04-2010, 09:17 AM
You're sick my advice was stay home on holiday weekends and let the weekend warriors do their thing:beatin:

My season continues on Tuesday after bye bye Benny season ends.:clapping::clapping:Plus this fall will suck there are no fish stay home

buckethead
09-04-2010, 10:05 AM

1. Buy a white bucket, or a Home Depot orange bucket will do if ya can't find white.

3. Go to Shop-Rite, buy a jar of Hellman's mayonaise. It has to be Hellman's, the other brands don't work as well.

4. Fill half the condoms with mayonaisse, and tie them off. (Save the other half for later, or if ya get lucky on Labor Day.)

5. Attach #10 gamakatsu circle hooks to the condom with rubber bands.

6. Also buy a pack of cheap water balloons at the 99c store.

7. Go to the beach between 3-5:30 am. The timing is critical because all the 40# fish stop feeding at exactly 5:29.

8, Lob the "white eels" out carefully so they don't break. Use a 3oz LEAD sinker on a 3 way swivel. About 3' up on the leader, attach a balloon, filled halfway with air.

9. This only works, in NJ, when you have a steady WEST wind. The west wind will push your white eels out to sea and into the strike zone.

10. Allow your presentation to drift out about 300'. If you're fishing the end of a jetty, you only have to let it go out about 200'. This is where all the big cows are. Don't bother messing with those 24" schoolies in the wash. You want the big fish, get ready! :wow:

11. When you do hook into a nice bass, make sure you wait a few seconds for it to grab the white eel. You will know this is happening when the balloon goes fully underwater. If the balloon only goes partly under, your white eel is probably being courted by a "bratwurst fish". The bratwurst fish are common to NJ when the Octoberfest beer comes out. This is usually in October, but sometimes they do show up in Sept.

12. This is such a great method of fishing you may catch over your limit of 40# bass. If you do, please practice safe catch and release.

Sounds like a plan to me!! Thanks for all the advice.:ROFLMAO

bababooey
09-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Bratwurst fish come a courting, you don't want to upset the balance of Nature. :laugh: I don't know how you think up this stuff DS. :bong2:

jigfreak
09-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Hey can't we just find our own Coney Island whitefish in the water? It's rumored there will be a lot of them around Seaside surf after this weekend. :upck:

crosseyedbass
09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
You're sick -

X2!:kooky:

VSdreams
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Fishing during a hurricane is for losers!
These guys were at the Rockaway inlet.

No fish in rough water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KvPzs-GeDY

VSdreams
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
or are there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcTYHJ7AUU&feature=related

finchaser
09-06-2011, 07:41 PM
the water wasn't really that rough, I'm sure it wasn't around here, just a very light rod, There weren't even white caps on the body of water he fished

jigfreak
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I think those dudes in the Rockaways should be locked up, or let them float out to sea and don't save them. no way you are going to catch fish in those conditions. As for the mullet dude in the shorts, come on, those aren't even rough storm surges. Some of the northeasters we have the waves break on the beach at 6'. He's fishing sissy waves, of course he caught fish.

williehookem
09-06-2011, 08:53 PM
They had no business fishing in that storm. If they died their family would sue the state or someone to make them pay.