PDA

View Full Version : The things you hate most about spring fishing

ledhead36
03-12-2008, 06:44 AM
The trash left in the spots is one of the biggest annoyances. I usually have a trash bag with me, and try to clear up a spot a little, especially if I fish there a lot. But some people are such pigs, especially if they fish bait. Just drop their containers and bait stuff all over. http://www.stripersandanglers.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

surferman
03-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I can't stand the boaters who think they own the surf. I am sick of them trying to coming close to shore. As far as I am concerned they are nothing but a bit of inconsiderate A-- Holes.

pescador29
03-13-2008, 05:03 PM
The trash, and the crowds. If I am fishing a spot, why does a guy have to come right to where I am and set up 3 poles. This makes me mad the most when there are no other people close by. Why can't he go about 500 feet away, the fish will still be there...:mad:

bababooey
03-14-2008, 10:31 PM
I can't stand the boaters who think they own the surf. I am sick of them trying to coming close to shore. As far as I am concerned they are nothing but a bit of inconsiderate A-- Holes.

Not a great idea to put all boaters in one category, dude. However, last year at SH, there was a boat that came too close because the guys were drunk out of their minds. Almost ran aground. We tried to warn them, about 5 guys yelling at them. Finally they figured it out, and made it back to the rips.

surferman
03-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Didn't put them all in one catagory. There are just some guys who don't care.

voyager35
03-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but there are shore fishermen who do the same thing. There's one early season hotspot I never fish anymore because of the trash and guys pissing all over the place. If I had a house on that street, I would bother the town until they shut it down.

clamchucker
03-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm one of the bait guys, fish bait a lot. I always take away any trash with me, and try to make the area better than when I got there. But some people just don't care. They will be the first to scream when a place gets closed down:mad:.

captnemo
03-19-2008, 04:31 PM
When you go to launch your boat, and you have to wait 10 minutes because the guy ahead of you didn't do all his prep before he got it to the ramp. Little courtesy goes a long way.

plugginpete
03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
When you are into fish on the beach or jetty, and a lot of people are crowding. Ssometimes you thiink someone's ear might get hooked when people go nuts in a blitz.

SharkHart
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
small blues:wow:

voyager35
03-21-2008, 11:06 PM
small blues:wow:

People hooting and hollering when they catch a 2 lb blue. Show me something 8-13lbs, that's worth jumping up and down. Otherwise, it's just chum. :)

BassBuddah
01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
The fact that its not here yet!

Monty
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
The fact that its not here yet!

I'm with ya on this one
:waaah:

skinner
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
^ x2 :fishing:

gjb1969
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
sometimes its still cold and i dont like it at all:burn: winter flounder is to da!!!!!short:(:beatin:

dogfish
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
The trash, and the crowds. If I am fishing a spot, why does a guy have to come right to where I am and set up 3 poles. This makes me mad the most when there are no other people close by. Why can't he go about 500 feet away, the fish will still be there...:mad:

Get a kayak and this won't be a problem anymore.:D

RJC
04-10-2009, 11:06 PM
I hate the days I can't get out to go fishing! Any Season - Any time. Grrrrrr! Hate it!

wish4fish
04-11-2009, 11:11 AM
people who can't hit a beach without lighting a fire that the smoke gets in your eyes!http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

jimbob
04-12-2009, 12:26 PM
It has already been said ,but garbage on the beach especially from fishermen who should know better.
Boats that crowd surf fishermen, the boats can fish everywhere the surf guys cannot. I bring a garbage bag for the beach.

Frankiesurf
04-12-2009, 08:09 PM
I have no problem fishing in the fall into the freezing weather for that last nice fish. In the spring it is too cold for schoolies.

7deadlyplugs
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
sometimes its still cold and i dont like it at all:burn: winter flounder is to da!!!!!short:(:beatin:

Or the fact that with the regs it's like we don't have a fair chance to catch flounder at all. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

albiealert
06-20-2009, 05:06 PM
It has already been said ,but garbage on the beach especially from fishermen who should know better.
Boats that crowd surf fishermen, the boats can fish everywhere the surf guys cannot. I bring a garbage bag for the beach.

Not too many guys will bring a bag out to bring in the trash of others, jimbob, good deal! :thumbsup:

buckethead
03-26-2010, 02:43 PM

Now with a limit of 2, not is it only too short, but it's ridiculous!

hookset
03-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Winter flounder is a waste of time. Shame on the managers for taking that away from us.

finchaser
03-01-2011, 08:23 PM
All the Assh_les come back out, the infamous cell phone brigade

speedy
03-01-2011, 10:14 PM
the infamous cell phone brigade
ya got to love that your fishing in a spot doing ok the fish start hitting then some meathead
that calls his buddy :beatin::beatin::beatin:then 15 guy show up and you cant move :argue::argue::argue::argue: thats what i hate !!!!

gjb1969
03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
it can be a little cold and it gets to me :HappyWave:

skinner
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
ya got to love that your fishing in a spot doing ok the fish start hitting then some meathead
that calls his buddy :beatin::beatin::beatin:then 15 guy show up and you cant move :argue::argue::argue::argue: thats what i hate !!!!

That has already started. I fished a popular raritan bay spot tonight where there was about 19 feet between every fisherman. Crazy. What was crazier was it wasn't that great, not much catching, Even the kayak folks didn't seem like they got much action.

baitstealer
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Went out last night in the bay ,throw jigs and bunker swimmer :skunk:. Went to my local beach counted 62 poles and 20 people:kooky:

I hate when guys do that!

ledhead36
03-23-2012, 11:00 PM
The trash, it is looking so bad in some places I think I'm in Camden.:burn:

finchaser
03-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, but there are shore fishermen who do the same thing. There's one early season hotspot I never fish anymore because of the trash and guys pissing all over the place. If I had a house on that street, I would bother the town until they shut it down.

All these spots will become short lived as the towns will only take so much especially Deal heard most streets will be no parking soon

finchaser
03-24-2012, 02:24 PM
The trash, it is looking so bad in some places I think I'm in Camden.:burn:

Viva la Mexico

surferman
03-24-2012, 07:06 PM
You for got the orientals. Down here they fish all the inlets and take small blackfish and seabass and the game wardens never show up. Thats why I like the beach better.

J Barbosa
03-13-2014, 04:52 PM
tire fires

guys setting up three rods directly behind me when I wade out

other general muggings

cooling towers

littering

the drunk who tries to steal my fishing bag ever Friday night so he could sell it for some crack

short keepers

guys who choose to fish the NJ flats but then try to skish to Staten Island with their CTS/ZB setup to toss a clam

storminsteve
03-13-2014, 06:08 PM
guys who choose to fish the NJ flats but then try to skish to Staten Island with their CTS/ZB setup to toss a clam

:clapping:haha I have seen guys like that!!!! They come down to the bay like they're trying out for a part in a surfcaster movie. It's the bay dude! No need for a 11' rod or large capacity ZB or VS. Most of your fish are going to be schoolies you don't need a rod and reel that can winch a 40 poound bass in. Lol all night long at these doofuses!

vpass
03-13-2014, 07:18 PM
for me is the :
Garbage that gets left behind.
the crowds

cowherder
04-22-2014, 07:36 PM
for me is the :
the crowds

X2!!! Last night the police closed a beach because some a-holes had a bonfire too close to the parking lot!

finchaser
04-22-2014, 09:17 PM
As I say every year all the ASSHO_ES come out of hibernation

J Barbosa
04-22-2014, 10:05 PM
X2!!! Last night the police closed a beach because some a-holes had a bonfire too close to the parking lot!

This is at the top of my list...

If your that cold go the F#?K home or put more layers on.

fishinmission78
04-07-2015, 03:19 PM
As I say every year all the ASSHO_ES come out of hibernation

X2 but it is so peaceful until they do.

finchaser
04-07-2015, 04:19 PM
All the Assh_les come back out, the infamous cell phone brigade

What I said last year.

ledhead36
04-18-2015, 08:46 AM
When Pete from Atlantic B&T sends all the guys to the same 3 places

surferman
04-02-2018, 10:06 AM
I hate it when the water temps start to trend up, the small stripers start to bite, and then we get one last bunch of snow DUMPED on us!

surferman
04-02-2018, 10:07 AM

for me is the :
the crowds

This too!

plugcrazy
04-02-2018, 10:15 AM
All these spots will become short lived as the towns will only take so much especially Deal heard most streets will be no parking soon

You said that 6 years ago, uncanny that it has finally come true to some extent, and some fishermen still did not change their ways. Thank God for that guy Andrew Chambarry and his group.
https://www.app.com/story/news/local/communitychange/2017/04/12/deal-parking-plan/100374792/

clamchucker
04-03-2018, 02:05 PM
I think we will always have this type of behavior. Folks that do not learn to respect a resource will surely lose that resource.

jigfreak
04-12-2018, 03:42 PM
When Pete from Atlantic B&T sends all the guys to the same 3 places

Hah! That looked where I was yesterday.

jigfreak
04-12-2018, 03:44 PM
The trash definitely gets to me. Got into a decent body of stripers yesterday. Lost some time because some idiot let about 300 yards of braid strewn along the beachfront. Don't people know that can kill birds and other sea life?:burn:

cowherder
04-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Hate the trash as well. Wish more people would clean up and we could keep our fishing spots.

finchaser
04-15-2018, 05:22 PM
BUNKER makes everyone a bass fisherman

bababooey
04-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Is it just bunker per say you are talking about or snag and drop? Because sometimes the stripers only want meat!

finchaser
04-16-2018, 09:43 AM
Is it just bunker per say you are talking about or snag and drop? Because sometimes the stripers only want meat!

Nope I'm saying with out bunker most people couldn't catch a bass. There are so called bass fisherman that only snag and drop then then quit till next year. Because its so easy its wiping them out,many are thrown out after the picture. Lets face it big bass taste like sh-t from feeding on bunker.
Snag and drop evolved from the bunker explosion with restrictions on reduction boats. Bunker are here almost year round now they never use to arrive in February/March. We use to live line which took skill now its a 10/0 snag that gut hooks most fish. Allot of us still make bait then rehook on a circle hook to avoid mortality because we lived through the moratorium. Most today started in the hay day bass are not like Dorritos you can't make more all the big fish that die took 20 to 25 years to get that big so called trophy's are getting smaller every year.

buckethead
04-16-2018, 10:06 AM
Snag and drop evolved from the bunker explosion with restrictions on reduction boats. Bunker are here almost year round now they never use to arrive in February/March. We use to live line which took skill now its a 10/0 snag that gut hooks most fish. Allot of us still make bait then rehook on a circle hook to avoid mortality because we lived through the moratorium. Most today started in the hay day bass are not like Dorritos you can't make more all the big fish that die took 20 to 25 years to get that big so called trophy's are getting smaller every year.

Well said, I agree. Many today have no idea what it was like through the moratorium. To them a 20 pound striper is a cow. They just do not know.

clamchucker
04-16-2018, 10:44 AM
I think 90% of the anglers fishing today don't remember much of the past. When we die it will all be lost.