PDA

View Full Version : 2 piece rods

rockhopper
09-25-2010, 04:51 PM
How many of you still have a majority of your rods being 2 piece? I see the easy transporation mode but what about the durability compared to the one piece?

gjb1969
09-26-2010, 01:35 PM
i have just two one pice rods all the rest are two just take care of your gear it will last all my stuff is all factory and its not top shelf :HappyWave::fishing:

Monty
09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Most of my rods are one piece, even the ones that were two I have glued together. I throw pencils and poppers often and hate it when the guides would get misaligned. Even ones that did not turn I glued together, just did not have to worry anymore about the misalignment. As for durability, I don't remember having any problems with the 2 piece. Do remember casting the top half into the drink a few times:wow:.

finchaser
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
What monty said

As for me none, I would only get a 2 piece if it was absolutely positively the only way I could own a rod. Yes the new Lamiglas and Saint Croix surf rods are mostly 2 piece but that is because they can
save big time on shipping and still get premium dollar do to marketing, not because they are better. Dealers can get them UPS and only need order a few. Most of these can not be purchased as a blank to hide the cost

Check it out the blanks for customs rods are 90% 1 piece. The shops I get blanks from place large orders and they are shipped by common carrier where the cost of shipping is negligible when divided up.