PDA

View Full Version : My 5yr old's First Tournament Win!

c4charlie
10-03-2010, 03:50 PM
So yesterday, I took my two boys, 4 and 5yr old, to the Seaside Heights Kids Fishing Tournament from 10-2. The kids were using mullet and clams. Surf was not as bad as forecast but there was a strong sweep.

Fishing started out slow for the first two hours, not one bite. Then the tide started coming in and so did the fish. I was allowed to cast for them but then it was all up to the boys. Snappers were in the surf along with some fluke.

My older son who has been hooking fish since 1yr old put on a show. He can hook them better than most and sure enough, he went on to catch a total of 10 fish. My little guy got 5 fish.:clapping:

My older son won 1st place in his 12 and under age group. He had the most inches of fish by 25" even including the 13-16 age group. Very proud of the little guy.:clapping:

There was a tough sweep and we had to use between 5 and 8oz and the bait was still moving. Feeling the bites and being able to hook the fish in those conditions and reeling them in was not easy. The two little guys were tired by the end of the tournament. We took both boys for a celebration lunch afterward.

Thanks so much to the Seaside Heights Fishing Club who really put on a great kids tournament and are definitely making moments to remember for the kids.
:thumbsup:
Here are some pics...

c4charlie
10-03-2010, 03:51 PM

rip316
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Congratulations. You guys did a phenomenal job. You are turning your boys into some real outdoorsmen. Keep them off that xbox.

Monty
10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Wow, that's a perfect day. Awesome pics, what a great day. Congratulations to you and your boys.

LennyD
10-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Congrats! Be proud of him! :fishing:

DarkSkies
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Awesome job for your 2 junior surf fishermen Charlie, and congrats to Mom and Dad for bringing them down there and being there for them.

Tell them I'm proud of them, and they should be proud of all those fish they caught too. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Beautiful pics and story, WTG! :clapping: :HappyWave: :wow: :fishing: :lookhappy:

Also a shout out to the Seaside Heights fishing club for putting this on for the kids. They may not have all the publicity of the other tournaments, but I understand the members of this club gave their all to make sure every child had a good time yesterday. Congrats to them for the hard work and making a difference. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's a link to the club for anyone who wants to learn more about what they do....

http://seasideheightsfishingclub.com/

Donations
The Seaside Heights Fishing Club is a Non Profit organization. We accept charitable donations and in turn donate to charity ourselves. Depending on the charitable events we sponsor, we accept funds, fishing tackle, time and services. Most of our costs are willing payed through club membership but help in any way is always welcome.

Please contact Joe Truch (joe@seasideheightsfishingclub.com) regarding all donations.

storminsteve
10-03-2010, 08:44 PM
:clapping: Wow great stuff, your son won that trophy? It's bigger than both of them.

clamchucker
10-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Very nice Charlie, the smiles say it all.

plugcrazy
10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Perfect day on the water. Thanks for sharing.

gjb1969
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM
CONGATS TO U AND THE LITTLE GUYS:thumbsup:

basshunter
10-04-2010, 03:48 PM
That is a great story, did they get that trophy for first place only or were there other trophies? Congrats!:clapping:

albiealert
10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
:thumbsup: It looks like they had the time of their lives, thanks for sharing with us.

bababooey
10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Memories to last a lifetime. They are on their way to a great start.

Pebbles
10-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Nice going fellas! That is some trophy. Keep on fishing!!!!:clapping::clapping::thumbsup:

c4charlie
10-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks everyone. They shared their day with school today and educated the class on what bluefish and fluke look like. Nice seeing the future representatives of our great sport. Amazing at this age how they absorb information like sponges. They have been fishing and learning about fish since age 1 and i am so glad to have them because they really are the best fishing partners ever!

We always have little tournaments whether it be on the lake, boat or beach and they are a considerable force. I don't win too many of our mini tournaments anymore.