PDA

View Full Version : Montauk

yukon
10-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Took my first trip to Montauk with a good friend and now understand why they call it 'The Mecca'.

What an awesome place and the people I had the pleasure to meet were incredible. Sure it got a bit crazy at times but everyone I fished next too were on their game timing casts so everyone got into fish. Everyone I talked to when I said it was my first trip took the time to explain the areas I should concentrate on based on the right tides, winds and it all paid off. I meet up with a couple of NJ guys, bunch of guys from the LI and some die hard's from NH. Class act group of guys!

We fished hard for three days, nights, morning and afternoons. The amount of fish I saw was astonishing. The best thing was a majority of the fish I caught were not in the blitzes but before or after the fish came through. And yes that blitz was that close off the rock I was occupying. At times the bass were at my feet and I would just stop and watch what looked like an acre of bass going crazy on bay anchovies. Unreal:eek:

I caught 90% on 1 ½ oz white bucktail with red pork also Tsunami 9in eels and darters. Fish were from shorts to mid to high teens. We left them biting on the last day which was hard to do but my wife would have killed me if I stayed another day. We shot some great video with a GoPro HD cam. We only fished maybe 50% of what Montauk had to offer so that means many return trips. http://www.njfishing.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Plenty of more pics on our Facebook page 'Whats in the surf' and we're working on some great video footage we shot. Check em out!

And a shout out to Dark for some great info you handed down to me last year. Much Appreciated.

Tight Lines!

fishinmission78
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
The 1st and 3rd pics are crazy, what kind of camera were you using for that, was it waterproof? Nice work. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
10-12-2010, 11:08 AM
And a shout out to Dark for some great info you handed down to me last year. Much Appreciated.
Tight Lines!

Just trying to pass on some of what I learned, you're welcome. :thumbsup:

I like the first picture best, awesome shot! :dribble:

You guys managed to capture a nice slice of Montauk surf, congrats on the fishin. :clapping:

dogfish
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Good work.:thumbsup:

paco33
10-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Very nice thanks for sharing. what was your biggest fish?