PDA

View Full Version : The Calm before the storm

SharkHart
10-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Seems like every year mid to late sept the temp drops a skotch the residents wake up and a little bite gets going, everyone gets excited then early oct stinks as any bass around has a sore jaw from a hook or got baked, BUT we are almost there :d Who is ready for double digit catches :dribble:

Oct 21-23 are my traditional GO TIME dates, We might get some front runners in sooner

I say this all the time I ll be looking for the first big NW blow after the 20th, biggies been coming early last few years.

I still have a dream of a nuts AND sand eels. I aint no internet anti bunker guy!

storminsteve
10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I still have a dream of a nuts AND sand eels. I aint no internet anti bunker guy!

Dreaming of nuts and sand eels?:kooky: I kinda prefer the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders myself.;)
Aren't you the guy who starts trouble on the sites about the nw winds? Catch dozens of fish. No way, bring on a bunch of noreasters. (Yup so the fish can pass us by.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif)

Actually I'm just kidding you -
this strong nw wind has to bust things wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddde open any day now, i'm ready!:wow:
I agree with you completely.
I sure do hope some of those big girls come in, the wind is set for the bait to be in tight to the beach, it will be any day now, I can smell it!:naughty:

SharkHart
10-15-2010, 03:13 PM
the jealous haters start with me and my group, and my recent prediction of a SOUTH (wind) killing the bite hit so correctly they tried to construe the facts of the wind direction and the timeline. If they would just come at me and friends with Honey rather then you know what they would get some help cathing a few fish

vpass
10-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Oct 21-23 are my traditional GO TIME dates, We might get some front runners in sooner

I always take Vacation on the last week of Oct.:drool: Just hope we don't get hit with real bad N'easters, Like the last few years.

Dreaming of nuts and sand eels?:kooky: I kinda prefer the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders myself.;)

Cheerleaders:drool:

DarkSkies
10-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Shark dreamin about nuts and sandeels? :eek: That dude needs some therapy, maybe a 12 step program for fishin addiction. :laugh:
I dream about the Cheerleaders too. Unfortunately in my dreams I'm their King and they alll want to make me happy. Would that were the case in real life. :naughty:

This is more of what my regular dreams are about:
I see fish in my sleep, they call out to me, and sometimes mock me, I can even see them swimming under the water and near various rockpiles I fish when I'm sleepin. Too bad I don't have that x-ray vision when I'm out there on top of them.

Sustained NW winds!
This is what we've been waitin for people, the bait was up and down the beach today.

Peanuts finally showed in a few ocean places today, adult bunker, tons of bait but only a few fish caught under them in NJ. If the next few days don't blow up with this sustained NW and hot action, then we might as well all sell our gear and buy golf clubs. ;)

cowherder
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Please let it be this weekend. I really thought the fish wouild hit the beach tonight but they were too far out.:don't know why:

fishinmission78
10-16-2010, 09:13 PM
the jealous haters start with me and my group, and my recent prediction of a SOUTH (wind) killing the bite hit so correctly they tried to construe the facts of the wind direction and the timeline.

My experience the guys who usually are the self proclaimed internet experts have only been fishing seriously for 10 years or less. They can hate all they want, they don't know squat and need to post on every internet site, incliding facebook and twitter, how great they are.:2flip: Those guys are tools, don't worry about them.
There was so much bait around today it was almost as it a big factory ship had the nets out and all the little bait slipped through - butterfish, croakers, peanuts. This northwest should light a fire under the fish, any day now I can feel it.

SharkHart
10-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I think this could do it, the fleet of bass hopefully will be in full bore by the weekend :thumbsup:

THU NIGHT
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...BECOMING NW 15 TO 20 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.

FRI
NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS 3 TO
5 FT. night Clear
Low 40

storminsteve
10-20-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm ready!

plugaholic
10-21-2010, 09:17 AM
I predict by Sat it will blow up again in the dark, anyone else have any thoughts?

Cheerleaders:drool:
And I think the Cowboys cheerleaders rock.

finchaser
10-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Seems like every year mid to late sept the temp drops a skotch the residents wake up and a little bite gets going, everyone gets excited then early oct stinks as any bass around has a sore jaw from a hook or got baked, BUT we are almost there :d Who is ready for double digit catches :dribble:

I say this all the time I ll be looking for the first big NW blow after the 20th, biggies been coming early last few years.

I wish I could be with ya again this year

NW:heart:

cardoc765
10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
here is the latest NOAA update mid NOMOCO and North:

Today...SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...becoming W. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of showers late this morning. A slight chance of showers this afternoon.

Tonight...NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt in the evening. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Fri...W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Fri Night...NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

Sat...W winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Sat Night...W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...becoming SW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Sun...SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain.

Mid NOMOCO and South to PP

Rest Of Today...SW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming W 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.

Tonight...NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Fri...NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Fri Night...NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt... Becoming W 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Sat...W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Sat Night...SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

Sun...S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.

rip316
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
I cant get out until Sat. Damn.

storminsteve
10-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Hope you get back in the saddle again soon, finchaser.

VSdreams
10-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I think that's exactly what we need to stir things up. It was dead today where I fished.

Monty
10-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Does that westerly wind really stir things up?
It was a lake out there early Sunday AM with wind that was supposed to be out of the west. I really dislike lake conditions, I have a difficult time catching fish in them.

cowherder
10-22-2010, 09:00 AM
I think that's exactly what we need to stir things up. It was dead today where I fished.

^^^I'm hoping it does Monty, because there was no life where I fished today either.:(

SharkHart
10-22-2010, 12:25 PM
For a lure guy - Yes.

You have to think in terms of Why winds are blowing a certain way and speed. A hard NW is a product or a symtom of a cool front. Bass love fronts , unfortunately this one now looks brief.