PDA

View Full Version : Sore Shoulder time?

SharkHart
10-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Sounds like every kind of Bait imaginable is around. Time to stock the surf bags to the max. Wood, metal, Bunker lures, sand eels lures, blue fish plugs.......Last fall i was down to carrying just a few Avas and bombers and needles and my shoulder never felt better. After everything im hearing its going to be tough to get everything in there.

cowherder
10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
That's what drives me crazy. When I set out to leave for the night, I pack the bag and ask myself if I will really be using everything. Then, just when I'm ready to leave, I'll say - well, maybe I might need an extra plug, or jig, or maybbe I should bring 3 hogys in case 2 of them get ripped to shreds by bluefish. I wish I had more discipline when filling my surf bag, but then you want to :beatin: yourself if you get there and the fish are hitting on the one thing you didn't bring.

jigfreak
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I think it's better to keep it simple. You can catch bass on metal at night, and rubber, ml swimmers, a few small swimmers, and a needlefish or 2, and a bucktail can round it all out.
I also have a crate in my truck with replacements in case I lose or want to change it up a bit. But you're right, there is now so much bait around it's hard to focus.

crosseyedbass
10-20-2010, 10:27 PM
I tried keeping it simple for a while but I always ended up missing something that was a must have for the night. Now I bring extra for surf bag and extra to keep in the car.

Works out good for me.

clamchucker
10-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm assuming you walk the beach. The benefit of having a beach buggy is being able to jam extra boxes of junk in it.
Realistically, we only need a few essentials to fish the fall season, metal and needlefish profiles, bucktails, some rubber, poppers, darters, and small swimming plugs. I think we as fishermen complicate that a bit. Next time you think your bag is too heavy, ask yourself what items you might bring if going to a far away island and only allowed to bring 15. That might help, good luck.

clamchucker
10-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Also, remember that as the fall season progresses, the fish will be more lethargic as the water temperatures drop. At that time I change what I'm carrying to small metal, small profile plugs, and small rubber jigs. Although often dismissed by some as too simple, the white curlytail grub on a 1/2 oz jig can catch fish all year around.

basshunter
11-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I hope this week will be the week. I thought today would be the day, but it wasn't.:(