PDA

View Full Version : more prayers for finchaser

killie
10-23-2010, 09:35 AM
got a call last night Bob wasn't doing well, blood clots. he was admitted back in the hospital and had to have more surgery, he's in recovery now in the intensive care unit. Spoke to Michelle this morning and she'll keep me posted. he's not allowed any visitors. pray for him please. I will.

DarkSkies
10-23-2010, 10:50 AM
I didn't know if we were gonna post that on the internet, Jimmy. But I guess it's fine, and he could use all the help he can.

I made some calls this morning. For those of you who have his number, feel free to call and express your support. Let him know people are rooting for him.

He's a tough old basstard, and I believe he's gonna be ok. But you never know. If anyone has some prayers to spare, now would be a good time to say them. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Killie... I know you have some deep faith, if you can offer some words of guidance, please do. Thanks bro. :thumbsup:

killie
10-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm a pretty private guy and wouldn't want it posted myself and never posted anything on any other sites, but since you had a previous thread I figured maybe some guys would like to know and give a prayer or two. He aint goin nowhere soon or I'll kick his ***. he'll be fine.

Monty
10-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent for Finchaser. Bob we are all pulling for you to get through this.

vpass
10-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Bob, Praying for you for a full and speedy recovery. Take it easy and you will be fishing soon.:thumbsup:

rip316
10-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I will say many prayers for Finchaser. I haven't known him for long and only fished with him a few times. Great guy, kinda like myself when it comes to telling it like it is. We all wish him well.

DarkSkies
10-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I didn't know if we were gonna post that on the internet, Jimmy. But I guess it's fine, and he could use all the help he can.

Killie, hope you know that wasn't directed at you. Sometimes I wonder about the info we share on the internet. Finchaser is a private guy about his health. His friends know all, I feel funny about relating these things to everyone, though.

Because a lot have asked about him, I'm trying to share the basic details that might interest those who have expressed interest. I know that's what you were doing as well.

And, if a topic causes cryptic fingers of Killie to author a thread, it must be important, and deserves to be addressed. :HappyWave:
You know him better than most, and your words and prayers are a blessing, thanks. :thumbsup:

. Great guy, kinda like myself when it comes to telling it like it is. We all wish him well.

How true. They don't make them like him anymore. He comes from a different era, when people actually told others the truth, what they were thinking, and could say "eff off" to someone else without fear of reprisal. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just got a message from him @ 3pm today.
His heart Dr said if they hadn't got the blood clots in time, he would no longer be here. :(

A sobering thought.
And as for the surgery he had, many people take several days in the hospital, yet he was out in 2. Things are more difficult for him than most people know, and yet he doesn't want people to worry about the long survival struggle he has ahead of him.

Well that's enough private info. Please continue to contact him, those who have been in touch, your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Coming to know him as a friend has been one of the highlights of my life recently.

The views he holds on life and people he comes in contact with are strong, fully polarized, and unyielding. He's one of those guys who if he doesn't like what you stand for, he wouldn't lie with politically correct phrases.

There are no shades of grey with him. He kisses the *** of no one, shoots from the hip, and a majority of the time is at least as offensive as Archie Bunker was.

But if you know him as many of us have been fortunate to, there is no better friend. He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, and gladly. :clapping:

He dispenses advice and wisdom to everyone he feels would benefit. Unfortunately sometimes that advice comes with a curmudgeonly, angry, caustic, sarcastic, wise-azz, overbearing, father-type grouchy basstard figure attached to it. :rolleyes:

There are times when his views have caused me to open my eyes and think more clearly, other times when I've had a strong impulse to strangle him! :burn:

Today, the news made me realize how grateful I am that I met him and Killie at the food fling several years ago.

He's one of the most irritating people I know....
also one of the most colorful....
also one of the most generous and good-hearted...
also one of the most passionate for what he believes in...

A little choked up here, can't type too much more...
Just grateful that God is in your corner today, Bob....

We're in your corner too. We hope and pray that your strong will keeps you fighting and focused on maintaining your health. :thumbsup: :)

storminsteve
10-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow, you guys have a beautiful testament to the personality of Finchaser so far. I got a lump in my throat reading that.:thumbsup:
I hope and pray that the outlook is better. Finchaser, Dark, and Killie I don't really know you but feel through your posts I have a good idea of your personalities. Thnks for sharing your thoughts with us, and the helpful hints, and the laughs. I will pray for you.

cowherder
10-24-2010, 12:32 PM
The views he holds on life and people he comes in contact with are strong, fully polarized, and unyielding. He's one of those guys who if he doesn't like what you stand for, he wouldn't lie with politically correct phrases.

There used to be a guy like that, an actor in the movies. His name was John Wayne, anyone remember him?
It sounds like they broke the mold when they made Finchaser, or OGB. I will say some prayers for him, and hope and pray for his safe return home.

bababooey
10-24-2010, 01:36 PM
^ This guy??

OGB, I pray that God gives you some more good years, days with family, and days doing the things you love. Hang in there.

ledhead36
10-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Get better soon.

nitestrikes
10-24-2010, 01:55 PM
The fishing will wait, if you can't get to it next year so be it. Concentrate on getting better and spending time with your family. Thoughts and prayers.

Pebbles
10-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Bob,

So sorry to hear you are back in the hospital. Sounds like you have a great doctor. Take it easy and I will see you soon. May God keep blessing you.

Hugs and prayers - :kiss:

rockhopper
10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Get better, guy.:thumbsup:

wish4fish
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
hey finchaser i hope u dont have to stay in the hospital too long they are not cool places to be my aunt died there when she got an infection so i hope they get u out of there quick and u can rest up at home if u need it. i dont pray a lot because i dont rlly go to church that much but if ppl think it will help i will pray for u, stay good and try to find a hot nurse for me when u're there.:naughty:

VSdreams
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
I hope and pray that you get better soon.

captnemo
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers for finchaser.

cowherder
10-25-2010, 09:18 PM
It seems like he's a cross between John Wayne and Archie Bunker? That doesn't sound so bad. More thoughts and prayers, does anyone have an update as to his condition?

stripermania
10-25-2010, 09:35 PM
We're praying for you Bro. Hope you get home soon and on the road to a better recovery.

jigfreak
10-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Hang in there OGB, who will keep Dark in line if you're not around?

voyager35
10-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

surfstix1963
10-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Thoughts and Prayers are with you Bob Feel better I hope your recovery is quick and all goes well.:HappyWave::HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-26-2010, 03:28 PM
I talked to Fin on Sunday, 2 days ago. At that time he was still in critical care, and they were talking about moving him to intensive care in a day or so. I don't think they're gonna be in a rush to let him out of the hospital this time until the clotting issue and new medications are all resolved.

Killie...If ya know anything different than that, please let us know.

I'm gonna try to call his girlfriend in the next few days for another update.

Thanks to everyone who is keeping him in your thoughts and prayers. The power of prayer can really help sometimes. :thumbsup:

plugcrazy
10-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Best wishes, feel better soon.

killie
10-27-2010, 07:07 AM
I speak to Bob every day at times twice. he called yesterday with the best news, he hopes to be outta the hospital thursday, everything is going fine, he got great news as far as his first operation too. Looks like the old man is gonna be around a little longer then he thought :). I prayed hard for Bob and I would like to thank those who prayed as well. the power of prayer is amazing.
Funny, I spoke to DS sunday night and when we spoke I mentioned that I haven't fished much, I said mainly cause of Bob. No not cause he tells me where to go but rather him not being there is the reason. I'm not saying I'll never fish without him but I gotta tell ya when you have a partner and the partner goes down you tend to lose the drive a little. I did at least. We laugh, talk and have a good time and if I catch a fish well then all the more better, if not, who cares.
It's not the amount or quality of fish you catch but the amount of quality time you have being and doing the things you love especially with people you care about.
I'll let Bob speak for himself when he gets back.
thanks and
God Bless!

DarkSkies
10-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Funny, I spoke to DS sunday night and when we spoke I mentioned that I haven't fished much, I said mainly cause of Bob. No not cause he tells me where to go but rather him not being there is the reason. I'm not saying I'll never fish without him but I gotta tell ya when you have a partner and the partner goes down you tend to lose the drive a little. I did at least. We laugh, talk and have a good time and if I catch a fish well then all the more better, if not, who cares.
It's not the amount or quality of fish you catch but the amount of quality time you have being and doing the things you love especially with people you care about.
thanks and
God Bless!

Aah, that's all BS, ya know you fish with him because he's a human fish finder, and you need the humility lesson when he :beatin: schools your azz and outcatches ya 5 to 1!!! :eek:

Ya know I'm kiddin Jimmy, that was beautifully said. :clapping: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

For a man of few words, every sentence you laid down there came from the heart, and is absolutely true. I couldn't agree with ya more. It just ain't the same without Bob being there to fish with, or yell at us over the phone. :(

We miss ya terribly Bob, even your Archie Bunker rants! :HappyWave:

storminsteve
10-27-2010, 10:55 AM
The OGB must have some powerful mojo, if you could bottle it you could put the electronic fish finding industry out of business.:d
Nice thoughts guys, he really must be quite a character in real life for you to miss him like that. Be well, finchaser.

wish4fish
10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
hey finchaser u can do it just like they say on tv, hang in there bro and u will be rite back out before u know it!

Pebbles
10-27-2010, 09:42 PM
I speak to Bob every day at times twice. he called yesterday with the best news, he hopes to be outta the hospital thursday, everything is going fine, he got great news as far as his first operation too. Looks like the old man is gonna be around a little longer then he thought :). I prayed hard for Bob and I would like to thank those who prayed as well. the power of prayer is amazing.
thanks and
God Bless!

What a beautiful tribute to your friend. I know he thinks the world of you. When one is going through difficult times it is friends we turn to.

You have friends in all of here, Bob. Glad to see you are doing good and the surgery went well.

Prayers and Hugs Bob. - Pebbles :kiss:

stripermania
10-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Hope you're feeling well today. Prayers.

killie
10-28-2010, 08:12 PM
he's home and I'm heading out finchaserless :eek:

rip316
10-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Good luck Killie. Proove the doubters wrong that you can catch fish alone. Should have called me, We could have not caught fish together.

Monty
10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Well that's great news to hear he is home, and good news for the fish.

c4charlie
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
I somehow missed this thread. Really hope that Finchaser is better and gets well as soon as possible. Finchaser catches so many fish that when I pulled one out of the water the other day, he was even wondering where you where.

Feel better. Will be saying a prayer for you!

finchaser
10-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I want to thank you all for the prayers, thoughts and kind words. It is really helping me get through this knowing people care.

Fin

jonthepain
10-29-2010, 12:29 PM
get well soon Fin.

surfstix1963
10-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Hang in there Fin glad to hear things went well take care BTW your emails are funny as hell Thanks.

DarkSkies
10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I told ya to call me, ya didn't. Sorry, sucks to be you. :moon:
Cmon down there are some fish with Killie tattoos on them just waitin for ya to cast to them. :kooky: :ROFLMAO :HappyWave:

BTW your emails are funny as hell Thanks.

He definitely has a warped sense of humor, and ain't too shy in letting people know about it. :kooky: :lookhappy:

Great to see ya back OGB!
We all missed ya. Pebbles said to ask when am I bringing the ice cream delivery truck to your house, let us know. :HappyWave:
(cause when you get ice cream, she gets ice cream too :dribble:)

rip316
10-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes, the emails were funny.

wish4fish
10-29-2010, 07:32 PM
finchaserless :eek:
wat is finchaserless, does that mean like without a pilot on a plane of something like that? happy you are ok finchaser and hope u can fish soon. maybe dark will have a fishing gig and invite us all. ill come as long as he pays for the food and drinks!:plastered:

lostatsea
10-29-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't know you as a person Finchaser, but you have a lot of good advice. I have learned from some of the fishing knowledge you posted up. Thank you and hope you feel better.

bababooey
10-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Hoping for a positive and quick recovery. You will be fishing before you know it.:fishing:

Doublerunner
11-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Best wishes Bob.

speedy
11-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't know you as a person Finchaser, but you have a lot of good advice. I have learned from some of the fishing knowledge you posted up. Thank you and hope you feel better.

bro he is a great guy and a hell of a rod maker and agreat freind at that too.:plastered::plastered::plastered::plastered::p lastered::plastered::plastered:

Pebbles
11-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Prayers and Hugs :heart:

finchaser
11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks to all couldn't have made it with out your blessings and well wishes:HappyWave:

rip316
11-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Maybe some pork roll sammiches from Wilson Ave deli will speed your healing process along. Oh wait, I would bring you some but I am sure Dark has them all by now.

cardoc765
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Are you kidding. I saw dark on the way home from fishing yesterday morning and had to race there to make sure I got one. I was starving and needed to eat. He walked in after me and grabbed the last one and asked the girl tomake 4 more. lol

DarkSkies
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Maybe some pork roll sammiches from Wilson Ave deli will speed your healing process along. Oh wait, I would bring you some but I am sure Dark has them all by now.

Are you kidding. I saw dark on the way home from fishing yesterday morning and had to race there to make sure I got one. I was starving and needed to eat. He walked in after me and grabbed the last one and asked the girl tomake 4 more. lol

Cardoc, the way I remember it is I graciously let you go first, you bein so hungry and all....
The deal was we were supposed to tell Rip that so he would think I sold him down the river. :d
Then I was gonna come in with a story about how the Hadji girl keeps asking about him, wants to have his babies. :ROFLMAO (false)
And tell the folks here how we put the tackle bag on the counter, the sluggos fell out, and she screamed, thinking they were snakes! :scared: (true)

But ya ruined it all now...and after I called ya at 3am stuttering that you should get down to the beach...that was quality intel bro, real time, and you and Rip decided you needed your beauty sleep. :don't know why: Oh well, I saved some fish for ya. ;)

rip316
11-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I can guarnatee Dark one thing and that is this. If he ever calls my house again at 3am and wakes Mrs. Rip up she will make sure he gets all the beauty sleep he needs.

DarkSkies
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Some folks may or may not know I've been fishin hard the last few days. I have leaky waders, haven't yet brought them back for replacements. My feet get wet, and there's a helluva lotta stink clouds hovering around me.

In fairness to Pebbles, for the weekends I scrub up good, and every day I wash my orifices and remember to change my underwear. :laugh:

But there's a lotta things that I just ain't got time for, changing fresh socks, cleaning the smelly waders, etc. I've been sleeping in my car to get the ability to fish dual tides before work. I'm a real hobo, I tell ya, and smell like one...

So last night I went to see Finchaser to check on his progress from the operation.

I had my waders on, and had to take them and my wet moldy socks off in the garage. :upck:

I saw him gag as the pungent aroma of fish, sweat, assorted stink and foot odors wafted into his field of smell.

We then went into his kitchen to talk, and he had to open 2 windows, and put the super high-speed microwave vent fan on to be able to talk to me without affecting his blood pressure.

His girlfriend walked by us on her way downstairs. I saw her nose and face wrinkle in horror and distinctly heard her gasp for air as she walked past me. :o

So in a way I'm sorry for that Fin and Michelle, sorry for stinkin up your house. I know you probably had to have a cleaning crew in this morning to get rid of the stank. :ROFLMAO

But in a way, it ain't important, the fish are chowing and surf's up. :fishing: :plastered:

Fin is, after all, a ranking officer of the Effumall club, so I thought he would understand.... :don't know why: :HappyWave: :rolleyes:

finchaser
11-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Had to burn scented candles to kill the foul smell after I asked him to leave.I almost threw up when he came through the door from the smell coming off of him. If any one has ever smelt the bilge of a head boat imagine 2 times worse. I cant even imagine what his car must smell like:upck:Poor Pebbles:(

DarkSkies
11-05-2010, 05:16 PM
:laugh: :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup: :ROFLMAO :HappyWave:
Hey, just trying to show some concern for my good friend. Love me, love my stink! :laugh:

On a serious note, I'm glad you're still here to notice the stink! :upck:
That was a close call ya had, I'm glad the Drs were able to pull ya through the Gates of Heaven....we all need ya to yell and rant at us at least till you're 90. :d :thumbsup:

When can ya come fishin again, Pebbles wants to know?

speedy
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
just think no emails for two days and you get to hold a ladder
:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naug hty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::dribble:: dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::plast ered::plastered::plastered:

jonthepain
11-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I just changed my mind about comin up for the fall run...

speedy
11-05-2010, 06:34 PM
I just changed my mind about comin up for the fall run...
i have noze plugs for you:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

cardoc765
11-05-2010, 08:42 PM
That was funny for sure. Dark goes to show me some rubber lures he has and puts the plug bag on the counter at the deli. Opens the bag and plops out slug gos and and couple other rubbers and the indian lady behind the counter jumped back and screamed. I had to contain myself so i wouldn't roll on the floor laughing. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Then Dark tries to explain to her what they are and tried to get her to touch them or at least be comfortable close to them and she was like efffff that. :2flip::2flip: Funny s**t though i tell you. Dark, I never leave you without a good laugh at some point of being with you. Good times.

Monty
11-05-2010, 09:51 PM
In fairness to Pebbles, for the weekends I scrub up good, and every day I wash my orifices and remember to change my underwear. :laugh:

Way, way, way, way, way, way to much info.

Dark, its like your terrorizing Jersey.
The store incidents (taking Rips breakfast and now this poor woman ya scared), waking Mrs. Rip up at 3:00 AM, who knows when Finchasers home will be OK again?
:ROFLMAO
Shame your not being filmed....could have one of those real life shows. Some of us are very lucky to hear about all this, very funny. For those that experience it, well, hunger, fear of fisherman, lack of sleep and sense of smell obliterated.

Finchaser, I hope you have a quick recovery.

jonthepain
11-06-2010, 12:57 AM
you mean reel life show

bababooey
11-06-2010, 01:04 PM
:laugh: :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup: :ROFLMAO :HappyWave:
Hey, just trying to show some concern for my good friend. Love me, love my stink! :laugh:

..., I'm glad the Drs were able to pull ya through the Gates of Heaven....

Finchaser, glad to see you have nine lives, good luck on the road to recovery. As for Dark, if you ever decide on an animated series about your travels, I know just who to cast you as :d -

speedy
11-06-2010, 03:04 PM
have to go and lay down my side hurts from laughing so hard :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::plaste red::plastered::plastered::plastered:

DarkSkies
11-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Way, way, way, way, way, way to much info.

Dark, its like your terrorizing Jersey.
The store incidents (taking Rips breakfast and now this poor woman ya scared), waking Mrs. Rip up at 3:00 AM, who knows when Finchasers home will be OK again?
:ROFLMAO
Shame your not being filmed....could have one of those real life shows. .
Finchaser, I hope you have a quick recovery.

The reason I went into such detail is out of respect to Pebbles. She's an amazing girl and I wanted people to know the times I clean up is when I'm around her. :heart:
Otherwise, I don't give an eff if people like the smell or not, that gives me space when I'm out on the water. ;) Being in the Effumall Club helps with that one, effumall if they have a problem with it. :moon: :lookhappy:
We have about another 30 days with shots of getting large from the beach on artificials. I don't know about a lot of you guys out there, but I'm obsessed at this time of year. :kooky: The last of the big ones are on their way down. This is the surf guy's shot at them, fish hard, sleep when you're dead. :fishing:

Hygiene?
That's on the back burner for now....:d

Finchaser, glad to see you have nine lives, good luck on the road to recovery. As for Dark, if you ever decide on an animated series about your travels, I know just who to cast you as :d -
Maybe, but I think I have a little more hair than that dude. :laugh:

you mean reel life show

Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends...:hippie:
So glad you could attend, come inside, come inside. :HappyWave:
WUclxp7FxHI

Then Dark tries to explain to her what they are and tried to get her to touch them or at least be comfortable close to them and she was like efffff that. :2flip::2flip: Funny s**t though i tell you. Dark, I never leave you without a good laugh at some point of being with you. Good times.

To think I could teach her a little about the fishin we do, and the only thing she was interested in was Rip's Jimmy. :naughty: :laugh:
So do I give her yer phone # or not, Rip? :don't know why:
Cardoc, I gotta tell ya for 2 googansI've only known for a short time, you 2 are a blast to hang out with. No pretentiousness or stuck up airs about ya's, no elitism, just 2 down to earth mooks I'm happy to hang with any time. :thumbsup: :plastered: :HappyWave:

Most importantly, to get back on the thread topic, where would we be without the Old Grouchy Basstard to yell at us, remind people what's up with the striped bass population, and in general keep us in line while we're bein lunatics? :)
Pebbles said we didn't catch fish last night cause you weren't there, Fin. :( We're waiting for the Doc to say you can come out again, tell him you got fish to catch. :fishing:

rip316
11-07-2010, 07:23 AM
i can not blame her for wanting my Jimmy. I get that alot so that is nothing out of the normal. I would prolly have to be on some kind of drug to mess around with someone that listens to music that you can't even understand what they are saying. Besides, I have seen pics of these chicks naked. Why do there vaginas look like Osama bin Ladens face? EWWWWWWWWWW. No snake charming for me there buddy.

vpass
11-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Finchaser, It great to hear all is going well. I hope the stench has left your house. Dark had me :ROFLMAO. Now I know not to invite him over.:ROFLMAO

DarkSkies
11-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Besides, I have seen pics of these chicks naked. Why do there vaginas look like Osama bin Ladens face? EWWWWWWWWWW. No snake charming for me there buddy.

You hate them, but have seen naked pics of them, hmmmm. :huh:
Cardoc told me ya got a thing for the Desi Indian chicks, are you sure ya ain't got a Hadji girl fantasy?
Cmon, ya know ya want to tell us about it... :laugh:

buckethead
11-08-2010, 06:00 PM
This thread is the most entertaining part of my day. Keep em coming.:ROFLMAO