PDA

View Full Version : Equipment

stripermania
10-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Wondering what new equipment you have bought or tried since the spring season? What did you like or dislike about it would you recommend it?

nitestrikes
10-25-2010, 10:43 PM
St Croix Legend surf rod, it takes a lot of abuse and loads up nice. And you can't beat the guarantee.

Rip-Plugger
10-25-2010, 11:57 PM
I picked up a quantum mOcean winch style surf rod with a shimano calcutta-700.
it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
the rods rated 1-4 but,it is wrong,I was slinging 6 oz wood with it and it still could do more.

with the rod going for 90 bucks and on sale for half off,it was worth a look.I recommended it my a buddy and he bought one in spinning,I am not sure how he feels about it but,it is an asskicker!

R-P

surfstix1963
10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I like those Northbar bottle plugs in rough water they dig well better than a standard bottle plug and more effective also they can be loaded w/ 10 cc's of water to cast better and they don't lose much action crank slow to keep the plug working and give a slight twitch every couple of cranks of your reel to make it dart.Not cheap but you are replacing 2 plugs w/ one.

storminsteve
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I like the NB darters too. I recently got 2 of them but only used the darker one. One is a yellow pattern. I can't wait till we have some rough weather. Then I will see what those babies are made of!

Monty
10-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I got two also, and like you, I am looking forward to some rough water. They cast great.
Bring on some wind from the east!...throw in some rain...:d

I like the NB darters too. I recently got 2 of them but only used the darker one. One is a yellow pattern. I can't wait till we have some rough weather. Then I will see what those babies are made of!

storminsteve
10-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't know if this classifies as equipment or not, but I am using sluggos heavily for the first time this fall. I love them almost as much as I love my wife.:heart: (Good thing she doesn't read my posts):laugh:

gjb1969
11-04-2010, 04:19 AM
rovex duron rods 8 ft and 10 ft made like ugly sticks but 20% lighter:thumbsup: