PDA

View Full Version : the "late for work" "excuses for being sick" or "late for home chores" excuses thread

storminsteve
10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Today I told a lie. I got into some fantastic fishing and told my boss I had a flat tire and would be late for work. That's fine, I'm not late that often.

This great fishing won't last and I want to take advantage of it until it's over or my wife threatens to divorce me. That will be my signal to reign things back in.:laugh:

So what excuses do you use if you're late from a hot morning of fishing, or if it's so intense you have to take a day off from work to "follow the bass migration to get that 50 pounder?"

Let's hear some good ones, my well has run dry and I'm due for some more.

wish4fish
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
u just gotta find a boss that fishes, mine does so i call him tell him im fishin the bite is great and he lets me slide i do have to make up the hours tho. also i have to tell him where i caught so he can get in on it too its all good dude, lol

cowherder
10-28-2010, 04:46 AM
I'll be on time for work today but my butt will be dragging. I'll need at least 5 cups of coffee to get through the day! I would say you could also use traffic as an excuse, especially if they are doing construction in the area. But you only want to use this one infrequently, as your boss wll then say - "Well you should have left earlier!"

dogfish
10-28-2010, 04:54 AM
If you live or work near a construction site, the flat tire excuse is more valid. There are always nails and metal filings that can pierce the tire when ya run over them. Makes it more believable. :d

jigfreak
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Be a man about it, tell your boss you went fishing for a 50:cool:
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7132093/

wish4fish
10-28-2010, 09:59 AM
^ ha ha thats funny dude i laff every time i see it!

barrys
10-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Don't pay the ransom honey I escaped.

Barry

DarkSkies
11-03-2010, 07:10 AM
^ Yeah, but what if your wife or girlfriend says you're not worth the ransom, they can have you? :don't know why: :d
What do ya do then?
What's up Barry, how ya been? :HappyWave:
Been out fishin?

Anal glaucoma...
Great excuse if you work for someone else, where you're allowed to take a sick day.

You:
"Hey I'm calling in because I have anal glaucoma"

Your boss:
"What? What the eff is that?" :huh:

You:
"Well the bite is hot and I just can't see my azz coming in to work today." :fishing:

Don't blame me if he fires ya on the spot. :laugh:

I know it't lame people, but work pays the bills. I missed fishin last night because I have to start early today and have a busy day where I can't catch a few winks here and there. Would be nice to win the lottery and fish every day without consequences, though.

speedy
11-03-2010, 09:05 AM
^ Yeah, but what if your wife or girlfriend says you're not worth the ransom, they can have you? :don't know why: :d
What do ya do then?
What's up Barry, how ya been? :HappyWave:
Been out fishin?

Anal glaucoma...
Great excuse if you work for someone else, where you're allowed to take a sick day.

You:

Your boss:

You:
"Well the bite is hot and I just can't see my azz coming in to work today." :fishing:

Don't blame me if he fires ya on the spot. :laugh:

I know it't lame people, but work pays the bills. I missed fishin last night because I have to start early today and have a busy day where I can't catch a few winks here and there. Would be nice to win the lottery and fish every day without consequences, though.thats funny:clapping::clapping::clapping::laugh::laugh:: laugh:

speedy
11-03-2010, 09:07 AM
the dog eat my keys:naughty::naughty::naughty:

speedy
11-03-2010, 09:27 PM
bro that is funny as hell i told my boss she said thats a good one :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anal glaucoma...

You:

Your boss:

You:

fishinmission78
03-10-2016, 12:28 PM
bro that is funny as hell i told my boss she said thats a good one :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anal glaucoma...

You:

Your boss:

You:

Hey you guys stole that joke from me! Been using it for the last 20 years.:2flip: