PDA

View Full Version : Bass will eat anything?

SharkHart
11-04-2010, 12:19 AM
i got out tonight and finally hit em at the final stop, Luck was with me and i got a real sweet bass, i land it and flip on my headlamp, as it rolls it spits up a fat 10''-11" fish , i put the light on it and its a stargazer, alive! it even swam away...... let the bass go too

storminsteve
11-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Saltwater carp they call them. I was at Lake Mead in Arizona once, and the bass eat peanuts and bread they drop in there at the docks, along with the fat carp who swim alongside them for food. Cool that the stargazer dropped out, Shark, maybe that will bring you luck.:d
How big was the bass? I woud love to hear about someone who caught, I was out and got skunked last night.(a few shad, no bass)

Monty
11-04-2010, 09:53 AM
How big was the bass? I woud love to hear about someone who caught, I was out and got skunked last night.(a few shad, no bass)
Wondering also how big that Bass was. Real cool about the live Stargazer.

SharkHart
11-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I originally skipped the size cause i know it wasnt happening otherwise, didnt want to sound like i was gloating, I spent 2 hours out front without a bite ran into others with same situation so i know it sucked, i made an experimental move to the river/bay and got lucky. It was about 22-23lbs

stormchaser
11-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Saltwater carp they call them.

Yeah, and they'll eat anything, except when it is at the end of your line. Stripers can be picky too.

ledhead36
11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I calll them omnivorous, meaning they will eat anything when hungry. Obviously, they don't eat too much plant life. I think they eat whatever forage is present at the time. If they have been eating spearing and all of a sudden the spearing are scarce, why not pop a stargazer or 2 in their gullet?

wish4fish
11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
i guess they are not afraid of the shocks from the stargazer then:scared:

captnemo
11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Bass are very adaptible to their environment. I think I saw a post where a guy once found cigarette butts in a bass's stomach.

rip316
11-04-2010, 09:52 PM
That bass must have been caught in the dirty water.

paco33
01-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Can you imagine what bass eat in that dirty water? I bet half the missing corpses that get thrown in the E River and the Arthur Kill have the flesh gradually eaten away by bass and other small river fish.