PDA

View Full Version : wasting fish....

plugaholic
11-24-2010, 07:26 PM
stop after you caught one striper of legal size or do have have to catch your limit?

clamchucker
11-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Plugaholic, I have no qualms with people either keeping or releasing fish. It is a personal choice. Today I got 4 keepers, all over 12 lbs to 21 lbs. I released them all because I was on foot. I will keep a fish when someone in my family wants one for dinner. it is easier to keep a fish when I am fishing IBSP because my truck is right there. If you are fishing in the surf and the fish are hitting good, you do not know how long it may last. You may have to move north or south with the fish. If you want to have a day with good numbers of fish caught, the logistics of keeping a fish and moving it around with you become a problem. That is why I generally don't keep a fish when I am on foot. Others may think differently.

gjb1969
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
i have done both got one and stoped and i fished till i get my limit its all abought the persons choice as long as people play by the rules i am cool with it

cowherder
01-08-2011, 02:19 PM
You should ask these guys that question, from Virginia Beach fishing center

surfstix1963
01-09-2011, 06:54 AM
If I am taking one for the table it is always one I never keep more than one.If I continue to fish the rest is all C&R.The pic above is one reason we are into the problems we have now.

finchaser
01-09-2011, 11:08 AM
If I am taking one for the table it is always one I never keep more than one.If I continue to fish the rest is all C&R.The pic above is one reason we are into the problems we have now.

What he ^^^ said plus there are much better fish in the sea to eat than bass especially when they get bigger they start to taste like blue fish from feeding on bunker. Kinda of you are what you eat.

vpass
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I kept only one keeper out of many that were caught this year. I don't Keep more then what the family wants to eat. I can't stand wasting fish and really upset me when I see it. I don't bring fish home for any of my neighbors, I feel if they want fish they could come out with me or go on there own.

I believe more then half of those bass in that picture will be wasted. Those are breeder size fish capable of laying 3 million eggs on the avg. each. Thats alot of wasted future fish.

CharlieTuna
01-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Pictures like that make me sick, cowherder, They're no different than the fish camp pics taken in the 1930's showing dozens of fish strung on the poles.

7deadlyplugs
03-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Power of the go pro-
This guy got busted smashing a musky and throwing it back dead. Go pro documented and helped with the court case. Good job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzdesfXfaTY