PDA

View Full Version : save $15 -so who got the saltwater card early

gjb1969
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
i did the card early i need all my pocket change i just cant give money out like that evan if its to go fishing at least i got one more free year 2011 i will do things differant it sucks i know some will keep fish by hey it IS WHAT IT IS:devil:

plugcrazy
12-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Hey thats a good point gjb. I checked into some of the language. You are right. It looks like if you register before Jan 1, you can avoid paying the money. Anyone else know if this is true?

NMFS has determined that the annual registration fee for anglers, spear fishers and for-hire fishing vessels will be fifteen dollars ($15.00). All persons registering on or after January 1, 2011 will be required to pay the registration fee, unless they are exempt as indigenous people per the provisions of 50 CFR 600.1410(f).

fishinmission78
12-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up gjb1969. I just registered for 2011. The heck with their fees, they get enough money from me.:2flip:

Check this out:

Due to the registration process as defined by the National Marine Fisheries Service New Jersey anglers can register on December 31, 2010 and not pay a fee associated with the Federal Angler Registry for 2011 up to December 30, 2011. I am sure many anglers will take advantage of this loophole in the registration process in the event that New Jersey does not pass legislation for a free or nominal fee registry in 2010.

Just go to:
https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/new..._Fee_nov10.pdf (https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/newsroom/downloads/Registry_Fee_nov10.pdf).
https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/index.html (https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/index.html)

speedy
12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
hey bro just did it it works they did not ask for 15.00 do it on line now

gjb1969
12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
i am glad u guys did it i know its only 15 bucks but its money that stays in our pockets it sucks we pay so much for our tackle and bait they tax the crap out of it now want more well help us get more in a pay check and we mite not mind so much

finchaser
12-02-2010, 12:42 PM
yeah all illegals and non citizens are exempt

speedy
12-02-2010, 12:58 PM
hey bro its not the money what burns my *** is that they do not stock the ocean how can they
and if they did no way it would work the water body is way to big to stock

hookedonbass
12-02-2010, 01:41 PM
You said it speedy they are asking us to pay to fish the ocean which God gave us, how rediculous could you get?:huh:
I did sign up today though, I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out $15 to fish the salt!

bababooey
12-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I just signed up for mine.

madcaster
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I just did mine. So were still going to need a license?

clamchucker
12-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I just did mine. So were still going to need a license?

I went online and got mine also madcaster. As I read it, if NJ pushes for a saltwater license for 2011, we will need that too, but will not have to pay a fee. I would recommend everyone register under the NOAA program. As irritatiing as it is, if you do it now, you will not have to pay any monies for all of 2011.
2012 may be a different story. I cannot answer that far ahead. Good luck, and register soon.

gjb1969
12-02-2010, 06:00 PM
so true but if i have pay to fish i will get my money back that in not a problem at all:rolleyes::viking::devil:

jigfreak
12-02-2010, 06:03 PM
hey bro its not the money what burns my *** is that they do not stock the ocean how can they
and if they did no way it would work the water body is way to big to stock

They do it because they can and we are all sheep!
If everyone resisted, they couldn't collect a dime. What are they going to do, arrest us all for fishing the ocean? Eff that. But, as usual, there will always be the guys who are scared of getting in trouble, and we all comply like sheep. I don't mean to rant out there, apologies, but it gets in my head that they have some nerve to ask us to pay to fish the freaking ocean! Of course, I registered today to save the buxxx, I just don't want the hassles. But I can still say a big FU to Luchenko and Obama-Osama.:2flip:

finchaser
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
If NJ passes a license or registry you won't need the federal one I would rather pay NJ than the Federal and let Obama use the money for fish shares or what ever he pleases

cardoc765
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I was looking at the NOAA report. Where do you guys see it clearly stating "if you register by the December 31st, you don't have to pay the 15 bucks"? Just want to be careful that we are taking the date thing of Jan 1 to seriously and then you will find out next year when you are stopped that the registration isn't good because it wasn't paid for. Fishinmission, I looked at the links you posted and I don't see what you copied and pasted here.

cardoc765
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I also called the toll free number. The lady said that you are supposed to renew on the anniversary of your original registration. Which as we all know would be after Jan 1 of 2011. I know some of you are getting new registrations and others are on other sites as well. I am just trying to be in compliance and not have a hassle later. Knowing how government works, NOAA will put out an adendum that states anyone who renewed prior to Jan 1 2011 is having their registratioins voided jsut so they have to pay the 15 bucks to renew again.

bababooey
12-03-2010, 09:36 AM
cardoc765, here is the official language. I would register as soon as possible. It must be a glitch in their system. Whatever it is, they can't issue you a 2011 registry card now, and next year claim you didn't pay for it. Once you have that card in your possessin they can go **** themselves if looking for a 2011 fee. So like the Nike commercial says, just do it! I did. I pay enough in user fees to use the water.
Thanks gjb, finchaser, fishinmission, and all the guys who posted who saved us the $15. :clapping: Hey, that's 2 beers and a tip to the waitress at Hooters! :pig:

Here is the language -
Section mentioned is on page 60
https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/abo...Final_Rule.pdf (https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/abo...Final_Rule.pdf)

PART 600-MAGNUSON-STEVENS ACT PROVISIONS
Subpart P--Marine Recreational Fisheries of the United States
ยง 600.1410 Registry process.
d. NMFS will issue a registration number and certificate to registrants. A registration number and certificate will be valid for one year from the date on which it was issued.

The Press Release-
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 30, 2010

NOAA Sets $15 Fee for the National Saltwater Angler Registry
Fishermen in Hawaii, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, U.S.V.I. must register or renew in 2011
The law authorized NOAA’s Fisheries Service to charge a fee for the annual registration beginning in 2011. Unless fishermen meet one of the exemptions specified in the law, they are required to register if they are fishing in federal waters, or are targeting – or might catch – anadromous fish. These are species like salmon, striped bass, shad and river herring that live in saltwater but spawn in fresh water. In addition, non-exempt anglers who registered in 2010 and are still required to do so have one year from their initial registration date to renew.

According to the verbiage in 600.1410 Subpart P-Marine Recreational Fisheries of the United States under the Registry process 600.1410 section, number (d), starting on page 79,718 it states: "NMFS will issue a registration number and certificate to registrants. A registration number and certificate will be valid for one year from the date on which it was issued."

Due to the registration process as defined by the National Marine Fisheries Service New Jersey anglers can register on December 31, 2010 and not pay a fee associated with the Federal Angler Registry for 2011 up to December 30, 2011. I am sure many anglers will take advantage of this loophole in the registration process in the event that New Jersey does not pass legislation for a free or nominal fee registry in 2010.

voyager35
12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
I am just trying to be in compliance and not have a hassle later. Knowing how government works, NOAA will put out an adendum that states anyone who renewed prior to Jan 1 2011 is having their registratioins voided jsut so they have to pay the 15 bucks to renew again.

cardoc765, here is the official language. I would register as soon as possible. It must be a glitch in their system. Whatever it is, they can't issue you a 2011 registry card now, and next year claim you didn't pay for it. Once you have that card in your possessin they can go **** themselves if looking for a 2011 fee. So like the Nike commercial says, just do it! I did. I pay enough in user fees to use the water.
Thanks gjb, finchaser, fishinmission, and all the guys who posted who saved us the $15. :clapping: Hey, that's 2 beers and a tip to the waitress at Hooters! :pig:

I would have to agree with bababooey cardoc. In the strictest sense of the law, once that card is issued, you are covered.
They cannot then turn around and then say Oh I'm sorry we didn't mean that, you now have to pay. That would be against your rights. Even if they did, they game wardens don't have the ability to check who paid and who didn't. They are checking that you have the card in your possession. That's all.

It's good to mistrust your gov't. You're a smart guy in that respect. :thumbsup: On this one, I do think you are worrying too much. Everything about the process is computerized. Just go online, submit your data, and print your temporary card. Git er done, good luck.

bababooey
12-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Just a reminder for you procrastinator folks out there that there are only 2 more days left for the NOAA free registry. Git er done, lads.