PDA

View Full Version : fishing alone

hookset
12-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Would you rather fish alone or with a buddy?

I have always found it better to fish alone. I don't care if someone comes along every now and then but the solitude makes the experience all the better.

Monty
12-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Would you rather fish alone or with a buddy?
I have always found it better to fish alone. I don't care if someone comes along every now and then but the solitude makes the experience all the better.

I agree with you. But when I fish with a friend (not very often), it is not much different than fishing alone as we usually fish apart most of the time, its good to see if the other guy catches, compare notes, chit chat a little when not fishing (driving is much more enjoyable). I fish mostly alone, but when I do bump in to a friend out there I do enjoy it. But the majority of the time I am alone and definitly enjoy the solitude, it can be intense, exciting, senses on edge.

fishinmission78
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
IBut the majority of the time I am alone and definitly enjoy the solitude, it can be intense, exciting, senses on edge.

What he said.

surfstix1963
12-05-2010, 04:35 AM
For the most part I go it alone,I don't mind fishing with others but I am usually done by the time my buddies even think about getting up.:d

finchaser
12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
With a friend at night seen too many people get hurt,some of which might have died if they were alone.

lostatsea
12-06-2010, 06:25 AM
If in the surf, I try to pair up with someone else. I think on a boat you definitely should have at least 2 people. Safety is the first reason for this, though I have seen quite a few guys this year fishing solo out there, even as far as the offshore tog lumps. What happens if you get in trouble with fish or gear and the conditions are bad? It only takes a few minutes for things to get ugly.

i bd fossil
12-06-2010, 07:30 PM
For the last 30 years, I always fish with my wife. Best friend and fishing partner. BTW she usually out-fishes me.

vpass
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I fish more then 90% of the time alone. It is alot safer to fish with a partner. anything could happen out there. Be safe.

gjb1969
12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
the older i get the more i say with someone to many things can happen out there and we all need to stay safe its only fishing we have only one life play it safe and u can go fish another day:clapping::fishing:

stripermania
12-09-2010, 10:52 AM
For the last 30 years, I always fish with my wife. Best friend and fishing partner. BTW she usually out-fishes me.

I think it's safer to go with someone else.
But also, if you have a good fishing spot, the person you bring there might blab it to others, so you have to be careful. Fossil, if you bring your wife, then you know she will not tell anyone. That sounds like a great plan. And don't worry about it if she out-fishes you, at least you will bring something home for dinner!

rip316
12-09-2010, 10:51 PM
It' was funny reading Monty's post because the way he described it was exactly what happened when I had the chance to fish with him. Every time I looked over he was gone. lmao. I thought at first that he didn't like me or something but, when we were near each other we talked for a few minutes and then he was gone again. As he mentioned, we never stopped talking on the ride home. Too funny.I hate fishing alone. Fishing alone is dangerous and boring. I usually fish with Cardoc for two reasons. First being this, I usually outfish him so I feel pretty good about myself on the ride home and the second, It's funny as hell to watch him fall over wood stumps and land on all fours. hahahahahaha Sorry guy, I couldn't resist.

Monty
12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
It' was funny reading Monty's post because the way he described it was exactly what happened when I had the chance to fish with him. Every time I looked over he was gone. lmao. I thought at first that he didn't like me or something but, when we were near each other we talked for a few minutes and then he was gone again. As he mentioned, we never stopped talking on the ride home. Too funny.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:
:HappyWave:

albiealert
12-10-2010, 09:13 AM
I fish alone a lot because I go when it is convenient for me to get out there. Sometimes with family emergencies I have to change my plans, and I don't want to disappoint anyone who might be waiting for fish with me.

clamchucker
12-10-2010, 11:27 AM
With a friend at night seen too many people get hurt,some of which might have died if they were alone.

That is some good common sense. When I fish on a boat or at night I always fish with someone else. In the day I will fish alone or with a partner. It depends on what their schedule is. I am retired so mine is more flexible. Sometimes I will go out on a moment's notice if my log and the weather indicates it might be worth it.