PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing goals for 2011

stripermania
12-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Looking back on 2010, how was your year in the surf?
What will you do differently next year?

I had a pretty lousy year. I did better when I fished on a boat, but the surf was not too happy a place for me. Only a few nice fish. A lot of small fish, How about you guys?

1. Next year I will fish more in the night surf, and try to drive to different places if the fish are not where I usually fish.

gjb1969
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
learn how to fish differant soft body lures i am stockpiling a lot of them so hope to do a lot better

plugcrazy
12-06-2010, 07:13 PM
I hope to do more with teasers. I want to get more involved with fishing legislations, and help get better access for us surf fishermen.

vpass
12-06-2010, 09:05 PM
This year I did great till the end of Oct. Then November came and went. It was my worst Nov.

If I have it my way start fishing in early April and fish thru the summer. Use my Flyrod more often. I forgot how much fun the flyrod is. Work usually gets in the way of planing/goals.

surfstix1963
12-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Yes V-Pass Sept. and Oct. seem to be the more effective months for surf fishing lately in NY also I'm just hoping to get out at some point in 2011 and fish it would be nice to use some of these plugs I have hanging all over the place to see how well they actually work.

finchaser
12-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Way down from previous years as bass supplies drop

Live another year to fish

DarkSkies
12-07-2010, 07:55 AM
^^ My # 1 goal for 2011...
Harrass and entertain OGB as much as possible, until he tries to shoot me with Speedy's shotgun. :moon: :laugh:
Even if it means I have to scout for and do more swan reports. :cool: :HappyWave:

surfstix1963
12-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I did my part this year couldn't fish much tried but that didn't work out.Did manage a big blue and 2 shorts all released not too bad for about 2 hrs. total time out there.

rip316
12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
My main goal is to get some new equipment. New rod strictly for pluggin and a new plug bag. The stuff I have is kicking my ***. I also vow to do whatever I can to help with the conservation. I have only been bass fishing for a few years so I have no idea of how it used to be and stories of the moratorium. I would like to be able to bass fish for many years to come. I also promise to let some fish go as well.

rip316
12-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I also promise not to laugh at Cardoc when he trips over small wood stumps sticking out of the sand and falls to all fours.

gjb1969
12-07-2010, 08:10 PM
wish i could have seen that

cardoc765
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey I was presenting for you!!!!!!! You weren't supposed to let others know that. I learned a lot this year, met some really great guys through this site. I caught my fair share of fish and tuaght my wife quite a bit about the sport. So next year I plan to take what i learned this year and tighten it up big time. Get some gear and just become a smarter and better angler. Oh yeah, and ima kick rips a$$ by getting the biggest and the most fish.

cardoc765
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
So you all know, RIP and I were fishing the rips one morning. We were both tired and worn out. He worked late and I worked a charter the day before. We are on our way back to the car walking on top of a dune and I didn't see the stump sticking out. He happens to turn around as i stumble and go running forward to try and catch me balance. I end up tossing my rod to the side so i don't break it and land on my hands and knees. We both laughed really hard for a long time. Good times.

rip316
12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Hell yea man. I always have a blast with you bro you know that. I would have to say that if you do catch more and bigger fish than me next year than we will be tied because I sure as hell kicked your *** this year. Mrs. Cardoc has the biggest fish so far between us. I am going to have to get Mrs. Rip to start fishing so we can have some competitions.

DarkSkies
12-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Mrs. Cardoc has the biggest fish so far between us.

Always glad to see the ladies outfish us mooks. Good for her. :clapping: :thumbsup:
She's definitely made of some tough stuff. I remember meeting you all out there in April, wind blowing in the 20's, air temps mid 40's. She was willing to tough it out until she nailed that fish. WTG, Mrs Cardoc. :cool: :fishing:

rip316
12-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Haha. Her fish was a boat fish but we will let her slide for that. I believe it was close to 20lbs. I just hope she cooked it all the way through unlike how she cooks chicken. I think I am going to get my a$$ kicked for that one. ahahahahahahaha

cardoc765
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
OMG if she sees this your screwed!!!!! lmao. Funny this is the fish she caught when Dark came to fish with us was one of her first trips with me this year. It was a nice fat 34" fish. Dark, you and RIP have seen her with her ejection button on her chair. She was reeling in the fish, didn't see the log behind her. As she walked back to land the fish, she tripped on the log and fell on her a$$. Still managed to keep the fish on and reeled it in the rest of the way while laughing about the whole thing. Awesome memories.

jigfreak
12-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Where do you find a woman who fishes hard core like that? Does she come from a fishing family? You sure are pretty lucky, Cardoc. Sounds like you got yourself a keeper for life there.

cardoc765
12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Her family doesn't fish actually. They are all from southern California. However, here dad woudl sometimes take her to a lake or river when she was a little girl because she wanted to go. Not because he wanted to. Now that she is with me, she gets to enjoy it more. It's her way of spending time with me doing something I like. I do the same with her. It's total fun between us. We get into competitions and predict somedays who's gonna get what. She even goes head to head with RIP316 sometimes too.

stripermania
12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Well it certainly sounds like you married a keeper cardoc.
My goals --
Get out and fish more, fish in the night more.
And fish different places, not just in NJ but in other states. The different saltwater licences caused me to avoid that. Maybe I will re-think that for 2011.

stripermania
12-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I also promise not to laugh at Cardoc when he trips over small wood stumps sticking out of the sand and falls to all fours.

Sounds like a day of mishaps. You should have took a picture when that happened.:laugh:

Monty
12-09-2010, 05:08 PM

Rip, you really think you can achieve that goal?

For 2011 I really want to catch a Big Bass.
It will be my goal.
Will fish some different waters this coming year, fish out front a few more times.

vpass
12-09-2010, 08:21 PM
This year I did great till the end of Oct. Then November came and went. It was my worst Nov.

If I have it my way start fishing in early April and fish thru the summer. Use my Flyrod more often. I forgot how much fun the flyrod is. Work usually gets in the way of planing/goals.

I'm also going to target fluke and Blackfish when bass are not Cooperating.:drool:

rip316
12-09-2010, 10:37 PM
I have another goal. I want to move my boat from S. Jersey to Raritan bay. The drive to Brick kills my pocket on fuel for the truck and boat. I also extend an invitation to anyone on the site to pm me if you want to hop on board to do some fishing from boat or surf. Do not be ashamed to ask to come. If I have room than any of you are welcome aboard. I also want to get to fish with Monty more than once. He's another great guy I met on the site.

Monty
12-10-2010, 01:04 AM
I have another goal. I want to move my boat from S. Jersey to Raritan bay. The drive to Brick kills my pocket on fuel for the truck and boat. I also extend an invitation to anyone on the site to pm me if you want to hop on board to do some fishing from boat or surf. Do not be ashamed to ask to come. If I have room than any of you are welcome aboard. I also want to get to fish with Monty more than once. He's another great guy I met on the site.

I'm not as funny as Cardoc............I don't trip and fall..........at least when I do you can't see me.
I am already looking forward to next year, definitely will fish together, I had a great time.

albiealert
12-10-2010, 09:11 AM
I want fish more of the different tidal rivers by me. The threads by Rip-plugger inspired me. I also want to try to make time to get out there more, but with a family that is hard. Best of luck to all of you in 2011.

stripercrazy
01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Live another year to fish

Wow, simple, yet profound.:thumbsup:

I want to travel more to fish. Want to save enough money to go to Mexico or S America for a surf fishing trip.:fishing:

buckethead
01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
also I'm just hoping to get out at some point in 2011 and fish it would be nice to use some of these plugs I have hanging all over the place to see how well they actually work.

Hope that works out for your SS. BTW I like your icon, see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil.:cool: