PDA

View Full Version : NJ's best

hookset
12-08-2010, 06:08 PM
What do you like the best about fishing in Jersey?

jigfreak
12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
The jetties. No state on the East Coast, with the possible exception of Rhode Island, has the variety of jetties that we do.

gjb1969
12-08-2010, 07:40 PM
its my home i can fish many spots each on a little diff so i have fun at more than one spot and i can get rat bass to cows without leaveing nj:HappyWave:

storminsteve
12-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I like the rips of Sandy Hook and the moving water near the inlets up and down the coast. We have some amazing structure in our state, holding bait almost all the time, and fish. (Usually when I'm not there):embarassed:

finchaser
12-09-2010, 01:34 AM
I live 5-7 minuites from the Ocean,bay or canal

wish4fish
12-09-2010, 06:58 AM
i think jersey is best because we have so many rivers and bridges the raritan navasink and shrewsbury have a lot of places for bunker to hang out in the spring and the small bait can hide from the bass. this year wasnt the best but when the fish are around you can get to them and jump on and jump off different spots.

jason
12-09-2010, 01:53 PM
One attribute that some excellent striper fisherman have told me is that in NJ you can let the big bass take line and not worry about them diving into rock structure (versus Montauk or RI). If you have a good hookset and 300yds of line = done deal!

voyager35
12-09-2010, 03:30 PM
The jetties. No state on the East Coast, with the possible exception of Rhode Island, has the variety of jetties that we do.

And we used to have many more before the Army Corps of Engineers got involved with beach replenishment and put their backward ideas into reality. Does anyone remember the jetty wall all along Sea Bright? Or the buried jetties and pier at Sandy hook? They used to hold fish for most of the year, now you wouldn't know it.

cardoc765
12-10-2010, 01:48 PM
NJ offers some of the best fishing i believe. We have bays, bridges and the ocean. You can catch anything from porgies to swords. One can fish quietly from the shore as well as from a boat, with plenty of boats available to fish from. the state has its issues, but so do others. I love the sunrise we get to see in the mornings and we get pretty sunsets as well. All around, it's a great pace to be if you want to fish.

Monty
12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I am able to fish water that I enjoy fishing without a crowd.
Solitude.

finchaser
12-10-2010, 02:59 PM
One attribute that some excellent striper fisherman have told me is that in NJ you can let the big bass take line and not worry about them diving into rock structure (versus Montauk or RI). If you have a good hookset and 300yds of line = done deal!

No disrespect but there is no bass that swims that can take 300 yards of line( 3 football fields) especially the bigger lazy fish.

lostatsea
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
The advise you receive from other guys can't be beat. Someone is always willing to help you out or hand over some leaders when your in a bind.:)