PDA

View Full Version : Non Resident Permit for Town of Brookhaven

Tom Farrell
12-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Good news in the Town of Brookhaven. Due to the efforts of the NYCRF and the Town of Brookhaven Fishing Advisory Board there is now a Non-Resident Night Fishing Parking Permit. The fee for this permit will be $35. As per the Town Parks Commissioner Ed Morris this info will be posted in the new fee schedule that takes effect January 1st 2011. The changes will be made to the night fishing parking permit paper work as of the beginning of the year as well. This is another step in the right direction for improvements in recreational fishing opportunities within the Town of Brookhaven. Thank you all for your support.

Thank You,

Tom Farrell
Vp - NYCRF

A big thanks to Deb DelGatto on this matter.

Stay tuned for more to come.

Also thank you to Supervisor Lesko for holding true to his word on this matter.

DarkSkies
12-28-2010, 09:01 PM
So glad to hear that Tom. There are a lot of fees LI fishermen are used to paying for fishing (or parking) access. Some might say that $35 is way too high. I imagine some people will still be angry over that. I can understand the anger at being closed out of a place you have been fishing for many years.

However, I think it's a matter of placing it in perspective. If you look how restrictive things were just a few short years ago, when access was completely shut off....

and review the changes made just recently, I think the fishermen who really want to fish there regularly will understand the hard work and effort it took just to bring it to that point. That was done with support and rallying many fishermen, true.

However, the real work behind the scenes was coordinated by a dedicated few. Thanks to the determination, diplomacy, and persistence of Willy Young, Tom Farrell and a few others of the NYCRF, guys can now try to put some of this behind them and get on with fishing.

Thanks for everything Tom, and for continuing to keep us posted so we don't forget how close fishermen were to losing access in this historical fishing access case. :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup:

Tom Farrell
12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Thank you for your continuous support Rich.

Just so you know the Town of Brookhaven charges $25 for the night parking permit for fishing to their residents. So $35 is in line with the fee that will be charged to non-residents.

Tom Farrell
12-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Here is some additional info just incase I already didn't post it on here.

"Some major headway has been made in the Town of Brookhaven. The NYCRF and the TOB Fishing Advisory Board have been working with the Town on improvements for recreational fishing. Especially on the North Shore. Some of the improvements that have been made are the addition of between 5 and 7 parking spaces to all of the landings. The spaces are freshly painted and signage is up. Slattery Landing has also been added to the TOB night permit. The gates will be left open at night. Stay tuned for further information. Thanks to Debbie D for an enormous amount of work she put into this."

BassBuddah
12-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Tom, fantastic news. As has been said, it has taken forever to get to this moment. Thanks for all you do.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

dogfish
12-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Fight the good fight, lads.

williehookem
12-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Hooray for the NYCRF. Good job fellas!

Tom Farrell
12-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Thank you all.

nitestrikes
12-31-2010, 02:37 PM
3 cheers for the NYCRF!:clapping::clapping::clapping: