PDA

View Full Version : Q & A on Free Registry

apmaurosr
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Opinion

http://anthonypmaurosr.webs.com/apps/blog/show/5792801-q-a-on-the-free-saltwater-registry-

fishinmission78
01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Q. Would it be possible to use some of the funds from the taxes paid on saltwater fishing products and supplies?

A. It might not be legitimate to use money received from the taxes on fishing products/supplies to be put towards a registry. We are still waiting for an interpretation from the federal government.

I have a problem with this. I think tackle shop owners have to pay an extra 5% in taxes, on top of the state and federal taxes, each time a sale is made. I believe that money goes to the state. So why are you saying it might not be legitimate to use that money. They are just robbing people more and more. Why shouldn't we get some of that money put towards the cost of administering the license program? Add up that 5% all across the state for every tackle shop transaction. That's a lot of money. I'm sick and tired of them nickle and diming us like that. So how would you answer that, don't you think the 5% is enough already? I do.

finchaser
01-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Rather pay the state if need be than Obama' and his Federal progam