PDA

View Full Version : Captain Freddy Coles has passed

captnemo
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Of the Freddy-C and other boats out of Leonardo. Services are tomorrow - I took many a striper trip on that boat. Some guys didn't like it because he treated the regulars better than the tourists, but why not? They were his bread and butter. I always had a good time and he tried hard to put us into the fish. He will be missed, Rip Freddy.

"Capt. Freddy Coles, the legendary bottom fishing skipper who ran several boats, culminating with his Freddy C. from Leonardo, has passed away in Florida at the age of 65. A memorial service is being held Thursday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at John Pfleger Funeral Home, 115 Tindall Rd., Middletown."

bababooey
01-12-2011, 10:46 PM
The last time I was on the Freddy-c was about 10 years ago. 2 drunk guys got in a fight. The Capt said if they didn't stop, he would have them arrested by the CG. Good boat, sad to see another Capt go. And 65, he was still young. T&P to the family.

DarkSkies
01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
We met his daughter a few times. She hangs in Leonardo near the 9/11 memorial. She became a paraplegic because of an accident diving into shallow water near a boat slip at low tide. At the time, if I remember, father and daughter were not on speaking terms. I understand this because I have similar issues in my family. Sadness all around.

My deepest condolences to the Coles family.

finchaser
01-13-2011, 11:54 AM
RIP we fished allot with him for whiting in the 70's

hookset
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
RIP and Condolences to the family. I never had the opportunity to go out with him, but from I heard about him over the years he was a good guy.

cowherder
01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow very sorry to hear this, rip.

paco33
01-21-2011, 08:27 AM
The last time I was on the Freddy-c was about 10 years ago. 2 drunk guys got in a fight. The Capt said if they didn't stop, he would have them arrested by the CG. Good boat, sad to see another Capt go. And 65, he was still young. T&P to the family.

Just noticed this thread. I remember, he didn't take any guff from anyone. Bon voyage, Capt and may your passage in the other world be smooth sailing.

jigfreak
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
I met the daughter too ds, some real problems there, big mess. Bummer to hear the news, t&p to the whole family, rip capt.

hookset
01-17-2015, 09:49 AM
I was reading the other thread about the cotton cordell guy and found this when searching. I heard of some great times on the Freddy C from buddies on mine who went on the striper trips. Can't believe its been 4 years. RIP Freddy

ledhead36
01-17-2015, 09:52 AM
^^^^^ Yup we could always count on getting a few bass on the freddy-c. Good times. I didnt realize it had been so long either. Thanks for bring this ttt hook.