PDA

View Full Version : The generosity of others

DarkSkies
01-24-2011, 01:04 PM
I don't consider myself as particularly generous. I try to help people when I can.
Sometimes I can't, and I feel bad. But when people are in a crisis or going through a rough patch, I know what that feels like. I've been there.

So my thoughts are that I am empathetic with others, not generous. And...sometimes I'm forgetful...and sometimes I just downright suck! http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

There was a package sent to the S&A PO box. At least 6 weeks ago, the sender made sure it got there before Christmas.
They wanted it to be a Christmas present for me and Pebbles.
But, things just got in the way, we didn't get down there.
And then we :rolleyes: misplaced the POB key. :beatin:

DarkSkies
01-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Pebbles finally got there yesterday, and we were faced with one of the most awesome Christmas presents ever, from Surfstix and his wife.....
Custom made plugs for each of us! :bigeyes:

Surfstix, these were truly amazing gifts. Pebbles and I wanted to thank you (very belatedly) from the bottom of our hearts! :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup:
The needlefish, PRIMO!! - that thing will cast a mile and will score some nice fish this year. I have a thing for monster needledfish. Somehow Surf must have remembered that, and this thing is about 12" long, maybe 3oz or heavier.

Beautiful finish! Looks like ya put at least 4 coats of clear on it, it's perfect!
And the bottle plug ya made for Pebbles, it's perfect for her, she almost fell off the couch when she opened it! :drool:

To Mr and Mrs Surfstix, thank you both, you guys are the best! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here are some pics:

DarkSkies
01-24-2011, 01:13 PM
More pics

Some awesome Surfstix teasers

finchaser
01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Very nice of surfstix he's good people.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

BassBuddah
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Nice work there surfstix.

surfstix1963
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Im glad you like them just a little something for the both of you well Rich I remember you saying you like big needles well that one is around 5 oz.:wow: and Pebbles mentioned in a thread she still likes pink so I did the best I could please enjoy them and tight lines to the both of you.:HappyWave:

Pebbles
01-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Surfstix, What an incredible gift!!!!!!!! :heart: Thank you so much. It is wonderful, a pink plug with my name on it. WOW! Thank you so much. Thank the Mrs also. I can't wait to meet the two of you.

surfstix1963
01-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Your welcome Pebbles enjoy it I didn't want to snd a big popper because of your shoulder issues that one should cast pretty good though.

DarkSkies
01-25-2011, 07:39 AM
You da MAN, Surf. Thanks again for your generosity. :thumbsup:

rip316
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
You da MAN, Surf. Thanks again for your generosity. :thumbsup:

And this guy is calling me and Cardoc plug ho's. Jesus Dark why don't you get on your knees and get the chap stick out fro crying out loud. hahahahhahahahahahaha effumall.

speedy
01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
More pics

Some awesome Surfstix teasers

hey dark you got the needle walking stick nice work stixs