PDA

View Full Version : Rip316's daughter

rip316
03-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Some of you already know that my daughter is really showing an interest in fishing. We were just thinking of a nickname for her and she actually liked the name that Cardoc came up with. "K Plugs" Her name is Kaitlyn, hence the letter K in the nickname. The conversation came up because Kaitlyn who we all call KK is also showing an interest in turning her own plugs. She really likes woodworking which she has in woodshop class in Middle School. I told her that if she really enjoys woodworking (which she does) that next winter I would start to buy the tools required to make plugs. She has made a few projects and I have to say that they are pretty good for a girl of such a young age. I thought that it would be cool that if she actually made plugs that would swim and looked good that I would get her a booth at a show and she could sell them.
This also being a way of teaching her a little bit about how business works. I will buy the stuff to get started, she will make them and if she sells any, some of the money will go to buying more supplies and the rest goes to her. She is totally gung ho with the whole idea. That's where Cardoc's idea of making a sign saying K's Plugs for the pakages but, for a nickname it is going to be K Plugs instead of K's Plugs.
I know that if she does start to get more involved with the plugs and it actually does happen to where I do get her a table at a show that guys will probably buy them just because they were made by a girl. I do not want that to happen, I want her to make plugs that swim. If she is going to do it she is going to do it right or not do it.
Dark actually came up with the idea of getting some kits and letting her get used to putting them together and painting them that way she has an idea of how much work is entailed in plug building and being that I will probably not make the Asbury show he will keep his eyes out for a vendor selling cheap kits for her to start out with.
I made this thread just to reach out to you guys to get some feedback. I think that it is awesome that my little girl is showing an interest in something that brings us together first of all. She is a very bright and talented little young lady and I honestly think that she could pull it off. Well, what do you guys think.
Also, I would like to make her a member here on S&A but you guys are way too gross and come up with disgusting stuff from time to time and I can not have her reading about Desi chicks, and seeing pics of shemales and all of that nasty stuff YOU GUYS put on here. :ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:2flip::2flip::2fl ip::2flip:;););)

speedy
03-11-2011, 07:05 PM
hey your one of us to but i hear ya on miss K-PLUG THIS SITE IS NOT MENT FOR A LITTLE ONE

speedy
03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
yeah bro thats a good start if she s going to do it then thats where we all come in
she is going to do it right we give her the right info to fuel the fire so to speak..
but i would not starter off on a swimmer i would go for like a spook or like a caster with one hook..for blue fish or needle fish not saying she will no pick it up but a swimmer is hard and tricky
to get right so they swim great its a big step bro you asked for what we think
thats it bro start her off slow like i said not saying she cant do it .

finchaser
03-11-2011, 07:24 PM
He'd like to call them little speedy's

rip316
03-11-2011, 07:59 PM
How about little Speedettes.

jonthepain
03-11-2011, 08:06 PM
^^^
i like that!

dogfish
03-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Good for her. You said she enjoys woodworking. Maybe you want to get her to try a semester of wood shop also. This way she will see if she has any aptitude or not. All the best.:thumbsup:

rip316
03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Good for her. You said she enjoys woodworking. Maybe you want to get her to try a semester of wood shop also. This way she will see if she has any aptitude or not. All the best.:thumbsup:

She has woodshop now.

Monty
03-11-2011, 09:18 PM
:HappyWave:
That's great, will be looking forward to seeing her work and progress.
Nothing not to like about this:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

surfstix1963
03-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Very cool thats great she is interested in plug building and woodworking.

surfstix1963
03-12-2011, 06:36 AM
The kits would be a good starting point I never left my starting point its cheaper to buy the kits and Ho off of Speedy lol.The one tool if you are going to spend the money is get her a good respirator it will be the best $30 you can spend even in a well ventilated area the dust and fumes you need to remember your hanging your nose over all of this stuff most of the time and epoxy is hard to smell a dust mask don't cut it.The only thing she must know is you cannot rush any step it must dry completely. Sealing is the most important step so water does not get in or it will lift the whole finish once in the water(trust me on this been there done that)If you have ?'s ask me or Speedy he's a better builder I just paint and tie teasers.lol

rip316
03-12-2011, 08:06 AM
The kits would be a good starting point I never left my starting point its cheaper to buy the kits and Ho off of Speedy lol.The one tool if you are going to spend the money is get her a good respirator it will be the best $30 you can spend even in a well ventilated area the dust and fumes you need to remember your hanging your nose over all of this stuff most of the time and epoxy is hard to smell a dust mask don't cut it.The only thing she must know is you cannot rush any step it must dry completely. Sealing is the most important step so water does not get in or it will lift the whole finish once in the water(trust me on this been there done that)If you have ?'s ask me or Speedy he's a better builder I just paint and tie teasers.lol

I will let Katie build the plugs and I will still ho off of Sppedy. hahahahahahahaa:ROFLMAO

speedy
03-12-2011, 09:28 AM
it speedy get it right !!!!!!!!!

bababooey
03-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Maybe he didn't have a bottomless cup coffee this morning? :wheeeee:You do drink coffee don't you rip?
Good luck with your daughter's new hobby. Hope it works out for her.

rip316
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Maybe he didn't have a bottomless cup coffee this morning? :wheeeee:You do drink coffee don't you rip?
Good luck with your daughter's new hobby. Hope it works out for her.

Not a big coffee drinker at all. Maybe 2 cups a day.

hookset
03-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Good luck with the venture. The important thing is if she is happy doing it, let her do it and support her.

rip316
03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Good luck with the venture. The important thing is if she is happy doing it, let her do it and support her.

Exactly. It is also kinda hard when your kids hit that age where they don't want to hang out with Dad anymore. At least this is a great way to spend time with my kids. I will brain wash them into liking what I like to do. lmao.

hookedonbass
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Exactly. It is also kinda hard when your kids hit that age where they don't want to hang out with Dad anymore.

So true, enjoy the good times with them while you can. hope it works out.

rip316
03-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks Hooked. I have already lost my 17yr old to wearing skinny jeans and coloring his hair, and to smoking weed. I do not want to lose anymore time with my kids.