PDA

View Full Version : Get involved to fight for beach access!

hookset
03-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Guys there is a group out there surfrider that is fighting for beach access. They deal with things like the Allenhurst ordinances and even though they are surfers, there are a bunch of groups coming together to fight for our rights.

Please check out the link and pass this on to whoever you can. Its easy and quick,
Surfrider and the NJ Baykeeper are taking the lead in fighting these new rules.

Please go to the following link and sign on.
http://action.surfrider.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3065
Thanks

hookset
03-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Here is a copy of the letter. They make it easy to do, just click on the link.

http://action.surfrider.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3065

I have just learned of your proposal to change New Jersey's beach access rules. Your proposal would allow towns with inaccessible beaches to receive public beach replenishment funds. I am wholeheartedly against this.

The current system is fair since towns with inaccessible beaches have to improve public access before they get replenishment money. We elected you because we thought you would be a good steward of our tax dollars. This is far from it.

Furthermore your proposed rules would allow towns to make their own waterfront and beach access plans. This will do nothing to open up the beaches that are essentially private right now.

Please consider changing your rule proposal to protect taxpayers from this injustice and to make more of our waterfronts and beaches accessible to all.

basshunter
03-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks hookset, done!

porgy75
03-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Done, thanks for the info.

speedy
03-26-2011, 04:34 AM
i am in done
tanks bro

finchaser
03-26-2011, 08:06 AM
done

vpass
03-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Done.

DarkSkies
03-26-2011, 11:32 AM
One of my friends who lives in Allenhurst has been involved with the Surfrider foundation for many years. He tells me that Surfrider originally got together with fishermen groups in the 80's to fight for access on the jetties, as the people down there didn't want fishermen OR surfers near their property.

Sometimes you need combined forces to get things done.

I signed. I endorse this and encourage others reading it to help out as well. It only takes a few seconds. Online petitions and letters are sometimes said to be less effective than phone calls and snail mail letters, but in the case of the NC netters they made a big difference. The legislators were overwhelmed by electronic disapproval. Together with the phone calls, etc, they knew they had to address the issue, (albeit somewhat in the favor of the netters). But at least they knew they had to face the public opinion.

So I'm asking for support here, folks. It's easy, painless, and if you ever fish or like to walk the beaches and feel you should have access, please click the link and sign.

Remember the Public Trust Doctrine before it gets swept under the rug in NJ. :learn:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?1044-Public-Trust-Doctrine&highlight=public+trust

Thanks for posting this, Hookset.
Thanks for your support, people! :thumbsup:

plugcrazy
03-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Done, thanks for posting the links fellas!

surferman
03-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I am a member of Surfrider and already did this. It is good to see surfers and fishermen working together. Dark is right, in some cases we present a stronger force when we unite. Otherwise we will wake up one day and only have a few places to fish or surf at. Thanks for all the support, guys!

bababooey
04-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Folks, here is a listing of the public hearings for anyone who has an interest --

Thursday, May 12, 2011, 11:00 A.M.
Liberty State Park Central Railroad Terminal Building
Blue Comet Auditorium
1 Audrey Zapp Drive
Jersey City, NJ 07305

Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 11:00 A.M.
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
Townsend Residential Life Center Multi-Purpose Room
Jimmy Leeds Road
Pomona, NJ 08420

Submit written comments by June 3, 2011 to:
Gary J. Brower, Esq.
Office of Legal Affairs, Mail code 401-04L
Attn: DEP Docket Number: 05-11-03
NJ Department of Environmental Protection
401 East State Street, Floor 4
P.O. Box 402
Trenton, NJ 08625-0402

The Department of Environmental Protection (Department) requests that commenters submit comments on CD or DVD as well as on paper in order to facilitate incorporation of submitted comments into its comment-response document.

For this purpose, the comments on CD or DVD should not be access-restricted (locked or read-only). The Department prefers Microsoft Word 6.0 or above. MacIntosh formats should not be used. Submission of a CD or DVD is not a requirement. Each comment should be identified by the applicable N.J.A.C. citation, with the commenter's name and affiliation following the comment.

A copy of the proposal is available on paper or on CD by calling the Department at (609) 633-7021. The rule proposal can also be found at the Department's website (www.nj.gov/dep (http://www.nj.gov/dep)).

stripermania
04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Went to the surfrider link and filled it out, hookset. Thanks for making it easy.

storminsteve
04-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Signed it, thanks guys.

ledhead36
04-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Done, thanks.

bababooey
04-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey folks there is a surfrider meeting tomorrow on public access for anyone who is interested.

Panel Discussion on Governor Christie’s new Access Rules—this Saturday.

Joe Woerner, Chair, Jersey Shore Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation responded to an e-mailed I sent today, to say “All our meetings are open to the public and I would say go ahead and post it … We are looking to get as many people as possible [to learn] about the impact of the new rules.”

This comes from the Internet site for the Jersey Shore Chapter of Surfrider:
(Executive Committee meeting from 9:00 to 10:00.)

This month our general membership meeting (beginning at 10:00 am) will include a Panel Discussion on Governor Christie’s new Access Rules.

The panel of experts will include: Christopher Len, Staff Attorney for NY/NJ Baykeeper; John Weber, Northeast Regional Manager of the Surfrider Foundation; Ralph Coscia,Executive Director of CRAB; and, Paul Shelly, Beach Access Campaign Manager for the Jersey Shore Chapter.

We will be discussing the rules in detail as well as our Chapter’s position on the rules and potential action. All are welcome.

Saturday, April 9, 2011
10:00 am

Monmouth Beach Cultural Center
128 Ocean Avenue, Monmouth Beach, NJ

wish4fish
04-09-2011, 11:46 AM
cmon guys lets keep this going i didnt go to that meeting i still signed at the srfrider site if i can do it u can 2, just look at how crowded rb is when the bite is hot we cant have places taken away from us or there will be more crowds

gjb1969
04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
done and i was at the one in 09 i am glad others have joined the fight thr river need all the help it can get