PDA

View Full Version : How can people keep other states clean, but not NJ and NY?

DarkSkies
05-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Pebbles and I recently went to Fla to look at some business opportunities.
What impressed me the most about that state, was the cleanliness.

The highways were almost spotless.
The sidewalks in the Orlando area were relatively clean as well, at least compared to ones in NJ or NY.

The canals were clean, other than having some weedy debris.

It amazed me the lack of litter down there, so much so that we couldn't help but notice it. :bigeyes:

A lot of things have been said about Fla...
"It smells like a toilet, the sulfur water is terrible.
The education is 2nd rate, and the schools are terrible.
There aren't a lot of great jobs, and the standard of living is less..."

If all the above is true, how come they can keep their state cleaner than ours?..
have property taxes that are 75% less?....
and have roads that are superior to ours in terms of newness and cleanliness??? :huh:

I have no clue how they're doing this, but they are...

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is true? :don't know why:

Monty
05-18-2011, 10:01 AM
I have been to Germany a bunch of times the last two years. Compared to Germany we as a country are disgusting slobs. It is difficult to find a waste basket there. Yet there is not trash scattered anywhere. No papers on the ground. Its very clean everywhere. The difference is unreal. Why. Because over here there are NO ramifications for littering, for being a slob. People get away with it and don't care. Not everyone, but lots of people. My answer to all of this is the penatlty needs to be lots bigger than the crime.

surfwalker
05-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Ya mean all that paper, coffee cups, cans and crap along the roads in Jersey arn't supposed to be there, other states don't have that. I thought it was Jersey artists doing it. Just lazy slobs.

How about some of the weeds growing along the center dividers on the highways, looks great huh?

How about trying to merge on a major highway, but ya can't see what's coming because they haven't cut the freaking grass since last year. Our taxes at work.

Ride some areas and ya think you were in a third world country. Well, I guess we will evolve into that in the very near future.

This is progress - filth, lazy individuals and no effort in trying to make our areas a better place to live.

Yeah, but remember LG, life's good. Yeah, right - eat me.

finchaser
05-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Simple other states don't give out welfare,food stamps ,drivers licenses and so on as easy as here.Look at the places and living conditions are like where these people come ,from just plain carry over of bad habits. Plus all respectable people pick up after them:2flip:

surfstix1963
05-26-2011, 06:45 AM
^^^What Fin said and compared to NY, NJ roads I've traveled are clean I think NY has the biggest slobs in the country.