PDA

View Full Version : The weather and fishing

stripermania
05-19-2011, 06:06 PM
What impact has the weather had on your fishing the last few days?

dogfish
05-20-2011, 11:18 AM
We only have a few schoolies here so far, not worth going out for. We have had some storms, and usually when the fish are thick I will try to fish right before. Then wait it out till the water clears up and back at it. It all depends on the water and how dirty it gets. Each situation is different.

clamchucker
05-20-2011, 03:44 PM
It all depends on the water and how dirty it gets. Each situation is different.
That is a very valid point dogfish. The water where I am fishing is weedy, but it is relatively clear.

Stripermania, it has made it more difficult. I am fishing clams and it is very weedy. You have to check your bait every minute or so and pull the weeds off. Also it has been raining. This doesnt' help either. The fish are there, though, if you want to put up with the weeds and big surf.

voyager35
05-23-2011, 01:43 PM
I primarily fish from a boat. When the swells are bad we don't run as far. On a good day we will be able to make more stops and cover lots more ground, of course, burning more fuel as well. Some times it's good to have a slightly overcast day when you can set up in the bay and catch fish after fish when conditions are right. I would say I don't like the heavy rain, but overcast and light drizzle is perfect for me.