PDA

View Full Version : Would you rat him out on the web?

stripermania
06-01-2011, 10:37 PM
One of your fishing buddies is a poacher. He always keeps shorts and takes more than his limit. You have continuously spoken to him about it. Finally you decide not have no more contact with him. Would you rat him out?

speedy
06-02-2011, 12:37 AM
if he was a good freind i would make him see the light if he does not see the light then he s no freind and yes burn his a$$!!!!!!!

surfstix1963
06-02-2011, 06:37 AM
^^^^ what Speedy said letting him ride is just adding to the problem if it is going to cause bad blood don't make it obvious you called it may cause more of a problem than it's wortht.It's unfortunate you need to do these things these days.

Monty
06-02-2011, 07:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What Speedy and Surfstix said, I would have no problem breaking the friendship and posting about him.
After reading and hearing about all this stuff I will do whatever I can to stop a person from not following the rules.
Would make every effort possible to change his ways first, nut if it doesn't happen, the guys a jerk.

mick2360
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Tough spot to be in. I'd confront him, as it sounds like you have. Once I decided to end the association (and a guy who poaches fish is likely to be shady in some other areas), I'd drop a dime on him....in front of him on my cell phone. Doubt I'd make a call without giving him the opportunity to see that I was dead serious about my stance on killing baby fish.

Hard to turn a blind eye to this kind of ****.

basshunter
06-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I have the DEC # that are posted here in my wallet. I would first try to say something. If he continues to do it like you said I would rat him out. If I can't keep a short fish you can't keep one either. Too many people do nothing, and then rant after the fact on the internet.

hookset
06-04-2011, 09:31 AM
If you have continuously spoken to him and it does no good, then he is not a friend, or least not a friend of mine. Definitely I would call.

paco33
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Yes i would.