PDA

View Full Version : Family fishing: Father and son, father and daughter fishing, pics and stories.....

paco33
01-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Masardinas
11-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Hello Guys

Just wanted to share a picture of me and my son !
No fish but we had a great time !

He 13 and learning fast :)

Enjoy

-Sardinas :)

jonthepain
11-12-2010, 02:38 PM
wtg!

DarkSkies
11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I think I met him when I met you both with your wife that day, Masardinas. Great shot of the both of you. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

storminsteve
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
:thumbsup: Whether or not you caught fish, looks like you had a blast anyway.

bababooey
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Good times!

speedy
11-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Hello Guys

Just wanted to share a picture of me and my son !
No fish but we had a great time !

He 13 and learning fast :)

Enjoy

-Sardinas :)
hey bro W T G:viking:

Monty
11-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Great pic, does not get better than that.

BassBuddah
11-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Those smiles are worth a million dollars, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

VSdreams
11-13-2010, 05:50 PM
:thumbsup:Great pic msardinas that says it all!

captnemo
11-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Your son, a chip off the old block? Congrats, great pic.

Masardinas
11-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I think I met him when I met you both with your wife that day, Masardinas. Great shot of the both of you. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

Hello Darkskies :)

Thanks for the kind words Guys !

buckethead
11-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Somewhere on here there is a thread about passing on your fishing knowledge on to our youth. How did you get him to turn off the video games? Nice to see the two of you have some great father and son times.

surfstix1963
11-14-2010, 05:23 AM
very cool pic it is great your son is into fishing.

CharlieTuna
11-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Beautiful picture, I hope you are framing that one and saving it. Thanks for sharing.

vpass
11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Beautiful picture, I hope you are framing that one and saving it. Thanks for sharing.

I agree with Charlie Tuna, Beautiful picture. That looks like a great time with your son. Wish you many more.:thumbsup:

albiealert
12-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Somewhere on here there is a thread about passing on your fishing knowledge on to our youth. How did you get him to turn off the video games? Nice to see the two of you have some great father and son times.

I wondered the same thing that buckethead did. It's so hard to get kids interested in fishing nowadays. Great job in father-son bonding time!

DarkSkies
06-04-2011, 10:38 AM
We have a thread here for fishin pics and stories. I thought it might be nice if we had one for the families, families fishing together.

One of my back burner projects is to put together a video of all these good stories, with the pics and some music...some day when I get the time. ;) :laugh:

But for now, hope this will do....enjoy! :fishing:

DarkSkies
06-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Brian is a friend and hardcore bait guy, fishes SI as soon as the season opens.They got some nice bass this year. I lost most of the pics they sent, but here is something memorable, one where his son Brandon out-caught Dad Brian that night.

Striped bass fishin from the surf is not an ideal fishery to introduce kids to, as the bass at night are sometimes few and far between. Brian is one of those unselfish guys who takes his son fishin with him every chance he gets.

Good times, good fishin, Dad and Son. :clapping::thumbsup: :fishing:

Here's the report, with pics, April 29, SI style! :cool:

Some of the rest of the report......As previously posted:

Brian -
"How demoralizing is it when your 12 year old son tells you you should take a lesson cathing fish. Maybe dark skies rich can open up a proper technique school for older out of shape and crippled surf fisherman. Junior was high hook again with 3 bass of 32 33 and 35 inches on fresh tangled in our line bunker while i managed a 30 incher on clams. Bunker were banging thru from 430 till 9pm when we left. A couple pupppy blues too as we also got some larger blues the night before. At this point i could use some vaseline intensive care hand lotion or as my wife thinks a full blown manicure. Let me know guys what you think from the hand photo. "

Darkskies -
"Fish on bro...lots of bigger fish comin your way.,
And some Dads ask for fishin info because they say they want it for their kids...and then put their fishin ahead of their kids fishin,,,you, my friend, are the exact opposite...takin your son fishin every chance you get...that's what it's all about and it helps to transfer the knowledge and love of fishin to the new generation....
Even if he DOES kick his old man's AZZ while he's doing it! http://www.noreast.com/discussion/images/post_icons/tongue.gif

Best of luck to the both of ya's...
Watch the rods closely, there are some drum mixed in with the bass.
Tight lines. bro."http://www.noreast.com/discussion/images/post_icons/thumb.gif

paco33
06-04-2011, 02:02 PM
:clapping:Very nice DS, there comes a time when a son is better than his father, and will catch a bigger fish. It sounds like they both enjoy their fishing time together, and that is the most important thinig.

williehookem
06-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Great pics and story.

surfwalker
06-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Great to see. Very enjoyable. Thanks for posting that.

captnemo
06-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Very nice story, really enjoyed that.

speedy
06-04-2011, 04:20 PM
went down to the surf to see justin get hands on with his new rod many thanks to mr fin
for making justin a surf rod had asmall bloofish on but get off :thumbsup::thumbsup:.. justin ,jordan, and me :HappyWave::HappyWave::HappyWave::HappyWave::Happy Wave::HappyWave:

surfstix1963
06-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Very cool I wish my son lived in NY so I could take him with me but he's 14 playing football and chasing girls now.But we still go every chance we get even if its for snappers quality time thats what it is about.

speedy
06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
quality time thats what it is about

cowherder
06-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Awesome pics guys, they say it all!

DarkSkies
06-05-2011, 11:54 AM
quality time thats what it is about

The sad thing I see more and more is... a lot of guys are out there for their own glory, their own selfishness. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

I don't want to bring down this thread, but that's one of the reasons I felt it would be a good idea to post it up. In the last 2 weeks I have met some real young kids fishing for bass. This really encourages me because 70% of the people chasing these "bunker bass" are kind of like addicts when it comes to the chasing.

There are great stories out there of everyone working together during a blitz, but for some reason seeing these big slobs laying on the beach causes some guys to go into a sort of a "big-fish trance" :drool:where they lose all sorts of perspective of the joys of fishing. The be all and end all is to be the one with the biggest fish on the beach. :viking:

So seeing these young kids out there, and their enthusism for the sport, somehow rings a bell with me. It reminds me of when I was just a kid, and someone told me they would take me fishin. I can remember thinking about it all the day before, and the anticipation I would have, the excitement that would go through my brain. And this was all before the start!

If you told me I was going fishing at 5am, I would be up at 3! :fishing: The anticipation, the desire, the thinking about what the day would be like, all raced through my mind that it made it hard to sleep. I was so happy to be going that it was all I could think about. When I was a kid, there was no one to take me fishing regularly. When we got bikes, I would ride miles on my bike to a freshwater pond or river to get a chance to fish. As I learned to catch better, I became more and more excited each time I would go.

When I got older, I realized I was not only excited about the catching, but it was the actual fishing trip that set off the excitement in my head. Today, it's the same for me.

Catching is a great part of any trip, but being out there, and the adventure part of it where you have to change your strategy when conditions change, is like a game of chess to me. Sometimes you are the victor, sometimes you get check-mated. The thrill for me, is being out there in the environment, the solitude, and the opportunity to catch a fish.

As environmentalists become more aggressive in closing our fishing rights, we need new people to come into the sport to carry the torch, and spread their passion for fishing to others. Introducing kids to fishing is good medicine on so many levels....

1. Quality time with your family, as Speedy mentioned.
2. Teaching them good values, such as conservation and not wasting a resource, not littering, treating other fishermen with courtesy and respect, etc.
3. Opening their eyes to the beautiful world of nature out there, with a fantastic opportunity for them to learn about the outdoors.
4. Giving children something wholesome to do that will hopefully take away from them being tempted to develop bad habits in life.
5. Giving a child confidence in making choices. Albeit it's only choices about fishing, teaching them about the wind, weather, bait, and other things will follow them into other areas of life as they sharpen their problem-solving skills.

Yes folks, the simple act of taking a kid fishing offers all the above, and more. :thumbsup:

So take a kid fishing today, you'll be glad ya did! :fishing: :HappyWave:

Great pics ya posted, Speedy, the little guys look like they're having a blast! They don't need a 40# bass to be happy, even a small bluefish will work the magic.
BTW, Justin looks like he's really getting into the groove, with his own plug bag. :cool:

jigfreak
06-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Awesome pics fellas!

clamchucker
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
It is real nice to see stories like this. Speedy I will bet as your children get older they will always remember the times fishing with Dad. How old is your youngest one?

fishinmission78
06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
As environmentalists become more aggressive in closing our fishing rights, we need new people to come into the sport to carry the torch, and spread their passion for fishing to others. Introducing kids to fishing is good medicine on so many levels....

You said it dude.
Great pics Dark and Speedy.

DarkSkies
07-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Some more of Brian's son....

He sent me these, they were still catching blues and some bass on bunker 2 weeks ago.... :thumbsup:

hookset
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
great thread

dogfish
07-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Nice bluefish!

cowherder
07-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

blitzhunter
07-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Fat blue, the kid looks happy, that's what it's all about.

williehookem
07-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Here is a video of a dad and son fising, the son catches a 31lb striper, awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rll5p6-ZtQ8&feature=related

basshunter
07-22-2011, 08:41 PM
That kid is hooked on fishing for life, great video.

surfstix1963
07-23-2011, 02:26 PM
A memory of my daughter from when we camped out on the beach she painted it for fathers day.

7deadlyplugs
07-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Nice talent, did she use watercolor or colored pencils to do that?

surfstix1963
07-24-2011, 04:46 PM
acrylic paints I still haven't gotten it yet since I can't get down to Virginia right now with the back but she gave me a sneek peek she said shes not done yet she was by my side all the time fishing cutting bait bringing me bait I can still hear her little voice Daddy do you need bait yet as she stood there with a big chunk of bunker or squid I changed my bait just for the hell of it now shes 20 and off to college.

nitestrikes
07-24-2011, 06:43 PM
yet she was by my side all the time fishing cutting bait bringing me bait I can still hear her little voice Daddy do you need bait yet as she stood there with a big chunk of bunker or squid I changed my bait just for the hell of it now shes 20 and off to college.

There are not too many things on the internet that affect me surfstix, but that post did. They don't care if they catch a trophy, it could be a dogfish for all they care. All they want is to be with their Mother or Father, and learn things, and they look up to us for guidance and life's lessons. (at least until they are 14 or so)
They are only young for a short while, and the time passes so quickly. Thanks for that post.

surfstix1963
07-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Your Welcome Nitestrikes I have endless memories with her when she came for visitation she would have her bag and run right to the truck camper put her stuff in and just wait to go she would go in the bait shop and tell them what we needed, they used to laugh their butts off when she said only fresh bunker and big squids half the time they wouldn't charge me.Off to the beach she wasn't the beach bucket kid she just needed one for when we net shiners for fluke it was great footprints in the sand now.

surfwalker
07-25-2011, 06:53 AM
Probably one of my favorite threads. C4's posts and pictorials are always looked forward to and thanks for always posting them, they always give me a smile. And all the other posts that are put up, they either remind of times past or even times missed out on, great, keep 'em up.

surfstix, maybe you can renew those "footprints in the sand" when the grandkids get here.

Happy Trails

surfstix1963
07-25-2011, 08:00 AM
I have 2 step grand kids now they were in Maryland but the military just shipped them to California gotta do what they say but when he is done and settled I plan on spending some time with them.My sig is my stepson and his first boy Ethan Derek just arrived in May of this year I got to see him just before they left.I use the word step to be official in my mind they are just the same as my daughter and son everybody is equal I kind of don't like that step word.

surfstix1963
07-25-2011, 08:10 AM
heres a few from sorethumb and one from a campground we go to alot.:d

storminsteve
07-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Monster bluefish there, surfstix, looks like a good time was had by all.

surfstix1963
07-25-2011, 11:21 AM
That was my sons first blue solo I think it was 9 or 10 lbs. he was very happy he started off later with the fishing thing unlike my daughter couldn't keep her away from a fishing pole.Notice she don't use a rag in the other pics.

seamonkey
07-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Notice she don't use a rag in the other pics.

Very unusual to have a daughter that isn't grossed out by the idea of holding a fish in her hands without a towel.:scared: You have been truly blessed.

clamchucker
07-25-2011, 12:40 PM
They are only young for a short while, and the time passes so quickly. Thanks for that post.

True, as others have said this is one of the threads I most enjoy here.

surfstix1963
07-25-2011, 12:58 PM
yeah i also like these threads the kids and wives don't get too much attention and my wife has made me look pretty foolish on many occasions but thats ok.

hookset
07-26-2011, 10:53 AM
When the women outcatch us, it doesn't bother me. I look at that as an incentive for them to come fishing again. Great thread.

surfstix1963
07-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah I just say I was a good teacher lol

c4charlie
07-27-2011, 01:28 AM
These are my two little guys. They fish every week and this was my best day of the year last year. My older son, age six did some ice fishing in negative to 6 degree weather this year with no complaints. Just this past weekend, took him to a tough lake with lots of lillies to work on weedless presentations. He hooked up with a LMB and it was a great achievement. My little guy has been getting the biggest fish lately.

Proud to be around everyday experiencing the joy of watching all of these little guys' firsts and watching how they fish. They have a passion for it but I let them grow at their own pace. They constantly exceed my expectations and as Dark pointed out, they are learning to live with nature and respect it and HAVE FUN as well!

DarkSkies
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
They constantly exceed my expectations and as Dark pointed out, they are learning to live with nature and respect it and HAVE FUN as well!

This is turning out to be a great thread guys and girls, some very nice posts here. :thumbsup:

surfstix1963
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
very nice C4 the smiles on their faces says it all and its great you let them set their own pace so they don't get discouraged and lose interest

voyager35
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Happy smiles all around, good times.

jigfreak
07-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Cool pixxx c4charlie.

DarkSkies
08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
6-1-11

I did get to meet Chris and his son Yanni, who's 7. :HappyWave:Dad Chris takes his son Yanni fishin every chance he gets, and Yanni has been surf fishin with his Dad since he was 5!

We were the only ones on that paricular rockpile as the sun set. Everyone else gave up long before that.

Yanni has been to Montauk with his Dad last year, and this year his biggest bass is 25#, nailed last Weds afternoon. :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup:

Look forward to hearing more stories about this kid. He's only 7, and loves to fish. :fishing:

Finally located the pics. They're blurry. I was suposed to take some new

ones of this hardcore father and son surfcasting team. That hasn't happened yet, so I'll post these until the opportunity rises. Nice meeting ya's! :HappyWave:

storminsteve
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
:clapping::clapping: A 7 year old kid catches a 25lb bass? Good for him!

madcaster
06-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Fished incoming in RB hooked a few blues and let my daughter reel them in ...she landed one big gator .She had a hard time

trying to bring in this one in. about 8 lb's 15291
It gave a good fight . She was so happy:) to get this one in

cowherder
06-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Wow guys great catches!

Madcaster awesome report! She must have been so happy. I'll bet she's hooked now.

madcaster
06-15-2012, 08:01 PM
She has been fishing blues for a while now . I made this wood sand spike for her to support the pole when she was younger.
She caught her first one all by herself a couple years ago. I would cast it (bait) and she would hold the pole and set the hook and reel them in.

DarkSkies
06-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Madcaster, that pic is precious.....treasure it because these days will flash by in a blur, and before you know it she will be too old and no longer interested in spending time fishing with Dad anymore,,,,but for now, those times are more precious than all the gold in the world....enjoy them, savor them, good times....:clapping: :thumbsup:

(With your permission I'm gonna copy that post into the Family Fishing thread....great pic!)

finchaser
06-17-2012, 10:29 AM
cute girl Madcaster Cherish those moments they slip by quick and become just memories

ledhead36
06-17-2012, 08:19 PM
You have a cute daughter madcaster. The smiles say it all in that photo. Best of times, enjoy.

Monty
06-17-2012, 09:07 PM
You have a cute daughter madcaster. The smiles say it all in that photo. Best of times, enjoy.

^^^^^^
What he said, great smile!

rockhopper
06-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Fished incoming in RB hooked a few blues and let my daughter reel them in ...she landed one big gator .She had a hard time

trying to bring in this one in. about 8 lb's 15291
It gave a good fight . She was so happy:) to get this one in
\

They do grow up quick. Hreat pics madcaster. What is that plug in the pic above?

plugginpete
11-14-2012, 10:55 PM
This is Capt Paul from Mama Mia, took his daughter and friends out. Awesome songs too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hzRwciK4Au8

surfwalker
11-15-2012, 06:35 AM
pluggingpete, thanks for the video, enjoyed the smiles.

cowherder
11-15-2012, 04:20 PM
That was truly awesome! Thanks for sharing.

surfstix1963
11-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Always great to see the kids smile ear to ear.Nice bass

nitestrikes
01-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Dad and daughter catching whiting and ling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vixxOhTyp1s

voyager35
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
She has been fishing blues for a while now . I made this wood sand spike for her to support the pole when she was younger.
She caught her first one all by herself a couple years ago. I would cast it (bait) and she would hold the pole and set the hook and reel them in.

cute girl Madcaster Cherish those moments they slip by quick and become just memories

Very nice pic mad caster. As others said those memories are precious but slip by quick. Treasure them. Thanks for sharing.

blitzhunter
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
This guy gets his daughter Leah her first bass on herring in the hudson. Great pics and fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYJtmzC8MXE

madcaster
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM

This was my daughters first blue all by herself . I casted it out ,but she did the rest. I wanted her to hold it ,but it keep jumping around to much ,so she held it down with her foot. first thing after we let it go ..she was ready for another.

crosseyedbass
02-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Awesome pics madcaster! You are a good dad.

jonthepain
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
look at the expression on her face! priceless.

i bet she never forgets her time with dear old dad.

hookset
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM

This was my daughters first blue all by herself . I casted it out ,but she did the rest. I wanted her to hold it ,but it keep jumping around to much ,so she held it down with her foot. first thing after we let it go ..she was ready for another.

This is an awesome photo. You are the luckiest Dad in the world. Thanks for sharing.

storminsteve
02-08-2013, 02:57 PM
That has to be a great feeling madcaster. Cool.:cool:

clamchucker
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Mad caster. Enjoy these years. They will be the best and they are fleeting. Very nice pictures.

BassBuddah
04-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Liked this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka0JhQ5DieU

BassBuddah
04-07-2013, 10:39 AM

Very true finchaser the moments are short and fade quickly. Beautiful snapshot madcaster. Good Dad.

fishgutz
04-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Saw this and thought she was adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m-E01-XguU

jigfreak
04-08-2013, 09:48 PM
that is very cool fishgutz.

madcaster
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Fish RB 7pm to 8pm 16899 My daughter caught her first bass of the year ....ava
We aslo hooked into some big blues ...she was little rusty on realing in bigger fish .... they kept coming off ....after I showed her what to do ...blues moved on. She will be ready next time. Going to start bring a second rod for her.
Bunker were right along the shore line:HappyWave:

clamchucker
04-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Very nice report madcaster. The smiles say it all.

ledhead36
04-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Madcaster good Dad good job! You have a fishing partner for life! Thanks for sharing.

madcaster
05-04-2013, 08:02 PM
My daughter and I won our townships fishing derby again. I caught the biggest fish 24 1/2" blue on bait.
I lost a nice one in the wash. We would of taken two first places. We caught quite a few. Had a great day

Monty
05-04-2013, 08:30 PM
My daughter and I won our townships fishing derby again. Had a great day
Awesome, congrats. Sounds like a GREAT day (great smiles).

J Barbosa
05-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Great Job :thumbsup:

She is hooked for life

DarkSkies
05-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a fantastic day with father and daughter, Madcaster....you must be one proud Dad.....tell her we're proud of her too. :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

storminsteve
05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
My daughter and I won our townships fishing derby again. I caught the biggest fish 24 1/2" blue on bait.
I lost a nice one in the wash. We would of taken two first places. We caught quite a few. Had a great day

:clapping::clapping:Great news madcaster. Seems like the blues have really woken up in the last 24 hours. Congrats on a great catch and great job Dad!

fishinmission78
05-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a good time was had congrats madcaster.

bababooey
05-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Precious day with Dad. The smiles say it all.:HappyWave:

clamchucker
05-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Madcaster beautiful photo and trophy. Enjoy these times with her they are fleeting.

cowherder
05-05-2013, 06:51 PM
One of the best reports I have read this year mad caster. Congrats to you both!

CharlieTuna
05-12-2013, 12:42 AM

madcaster well done.

buckethead
05-15-2013, 09:30 PM
This is a Dad with his daughter and her friend. He calls it girls on wire. Very nice video as one of the girls gets her first bass ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbcZzuP1l9g&feature=youtu.be

robmedina
05-25-2013, 08:32 AM
the pics of the father and son fishing got me. My dad never took me fishing but I have always wanted to take my kids fishing. None of them want to. I have 3 girls and 1 boy. The boy is the youngest at 9 years old. I envision us fishing together (like in those pics) I guess the patience will have to come from me...

ledhead36
05-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Rob it is tough to take kids fishing. When they really have an interest it will come naturally by taking them a few times and seeing where it leads. Striper fishing is a little different because you don't always catch. I think bluefishing is the way to go because the catching can be good and you have something to keep them interested. Kids today are different than when we were young. There is so much to occupy their time and fishing may not seem as exciting as video games and texting. I wouild buy some chunks and clams and take them to a bay area where the blues have been showing up, or an inlet. Those are your best bets to find them some fish and keep them excited. Even a sea robin can interest a child it all depends on your level of enthusiasm that you project when you have them out there with you. You sound like a good guy that cares about them. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.

robmedina
05-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Rob it is tough to take kids fishing. When they really have an interest it will come naturally by taking them a few times and seeing where it leads. Striper fishing is a little different because you don't always catch. I think bluefishing is the way to go because the catching can be good and you have something to keep them interested. Kids today are different than when we were young. There is so much to occupy their time and fishing may not seem as exciting as video games and texting. I wouild buy some chunks and clams and take them to a bay area where the blues have been showing up, or an inlet. Those are your best bets to find them some fish and keep them excited. Even a sea robin can interest a child it all depends on your level of enthusiasm that you project when you have them out there with you. You sound like a good guy that cares about them. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.
Thanks! Well in July we are on vacation at the poconos. We have rented a house on a small lake (no motor boat traffic!!!!) The house comes with a side by side pedal boat, a row boat and a kayak. I am also taking my kayak. There is a huge beach front that the owners put in to enjoy the water. I told the kids we are on vacation. No xbox, no cell phones, no computer- just time with each other and enjoying the outdoors. I am going to get some worms and bobbers and while we are chilling at the shore line at night around a campfire they can reel in the fish. I am hoping they get hooked. no pun intended! My oldest daughter even said she would go out in the kayak and fish. I am looking forward to it!

Pebbles
05-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Rob, Just keep on waiting eventually they will come around. My youngest (now 18) never really had an interest until recently. Now he goes with a friend of his. I hope to go with him this summer. I don't want to push it. I will wait it out and see what happens.

hookset
05-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Rob, x2 what Pebbles and others said. We all want our children to excel and sometimes it is nice if they have the same passions and interests as we have. They are all different though and have different personalities. imho the most important thing is bonding and quality time with them, You never know if it is your daughters or your son who will be the ones that like fishing the most. Give them equal time and praise everything they do. If one of them does become your fishing buddy it will be a bonus. <BR>That house on the small lake sounds like just the ticket. The electronic world can be something young children are addicted to. Taking all that away for a week may be a chance to renew and bond. At the very least they will be spending time with dear old Dad. You may not see immediate payoffs in this but in the future you will. Good luck and let us know what happens.

7deadlyplugs
06-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Father and son big loosh very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_tXrLwMbs&amp;feature=player_embedded#!

storminsteve
06-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Great video thanks for posting!

stripercrazy
06-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Enjoyed that thank you for sharing.

voyager35
07-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Dad and his daughter tuna fishing. Good job Dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-neoh8-2_3g

paco33
08-25-2013, 02:14 PM
^^^ Nice job she looks happy he must be so proud of her and that tuna.
Here is a cool pic.

paco33
08-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks! Well in July we are on vacation at the poconos. We have rented a house on a small lake (no motor boat traffic!!!!) The house comes with a side by side pedal boat, a row boat and a kayak. I am also taking my kayak. There is a huge beach front that the owners put in to enjoy the water. I told the kids we are on vacation. No xbox, no cell phones, no computer- just time with each other and enjoying the outdoors. I am going to get some worms and bobbers and while we are chilling at the shore line at night around a campfire they can reel in the fish. I am hoping they get hooked. no pun intended! My oldest daughter even said she would go out in the kayak and fish. I am looking forward to it!

Hey rob how was that vacation? Did you ever get your family into fishing while out there?

DarkSkies
03-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Brian and his son came over to NJ to fish the bay. He texted me these...pics and report courtesy of Brian of Team TCB :HappyWave:

"Gave it a whirl in then 38 degree water with some shoprite cherrystones. No hits but it was tshirt weather and i actually got some color on my face. Of course we had to trek down a path covered in a foot of snow to get down to the beach but it was so nice to be out. Hang in there just a few more weeks!!!!!!!"

nitestrikes
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Nice to see dad and son getting out together. Great report.

Blazin420
06-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Got out yesterday w/the boss and his son took them to a popular spot out front and setup with some bunker chunks from 6am-11am...Threw a head out and a chunk out and with in 10 mins the head got slammed and then poof bit off...Then the chunk got hit but they didnt grab the pole fast enuff while i was rebaiting and we missed it...So i decided to throw out my pencil and 3 shakes into the retrive i hooked up..Hand the pole over to Nick(my bosses son) and he reeled it in like a champ!!! Smaller blue maybe about 3lbs!! He didnt care he was happy and so was i that it wasnt a skunk...We manged 3 blues on chunks all about 4-6lbs and Nick caught them all on his own!! He was siked!! As the tide went out the crowd showed up and so did the robins..Must of had about 10 of them but they were having fun reeling them in...By 11 the action was slow and the bait was gone...They had a fiun time and so did I watching Nick reel in those fish,learn how to cast and learn how to release a fish the right way..I think i may have created a monster cause he already wants to no when we are going againhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif ...

They left and i went for a marathon trip got some grub and hit the back to try and find some fluke fished from 2pm till 630 and could only managed 2 small 15in and a few more blueshttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif Couldnt find any good fluke bite...Maybe it was the S wind or the lack of good moving water but they just werent hitting for me..Saw tons and tons of bunker all over with a few blow ups in the pods here and there mostly blues inside them...It was a nice day so im glad i made the most of it..Would have liked some more flatties for the table but but ya cant get'em everytime...INstead i got a mean sunburn hahahttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif...Lots of guys out and didnt see to much catching...Gonna hit the rocks a few times this week to see if they have any flatties hiding in them...

hookset
06-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Got out yesterday w/the boss and his son took them to a popular spot out front and setup with some bunker chunks from 6am-11am...Threw a head out and a chunk out and with in 10 mins the head got slammed and then poof bit off...Then the chunk got hit but they didnt grab the pole fast enuff while i was rebaiting and we missed it...So i decided to throw out my pencil and 3 shakes into the retrive i hooked up..Hand the pole over to Nick(my bosses son) and he reeled it in like a champ!!! Smaller blue maybe about 3lbs!! He didnt care he was happy and so was i that it wasnt a skunk...We manged 3 blues on chunks all about 4-6lbs and Nick caught them all on his own!! He was siked!! As the tide went out the crowd showed up and so did the robins..Must of had about 10 of them but they were having fun reeling them in...By 11 the action was slow and the bait was gone...They had a fiun time and so did I watching Nick reel in those fish,learn how to cast and learn how to release a fish the right way..I think i may have created a monster cause he already wants to no when we are going againhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif ...

They left and i went for a marathon trip got some grub and hit the back to try and find some fluke fished from 2pm till 630 and could only managed 2 small 15in and a few more blueshttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif Couldnt find any good fluke bite...Maybe it was the S wind or the lack of good moving water but they just werent hitting for me..Saw tons and tons of bunker all over with a few blow ups in the pods here and there mostly blues inside them...It was a nice day so im glad i made the most of it..Would have liked some more flatties for the table but but ya cant get'em everytime...INstead i got a mean sunburn hahahttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif...Lots of guys out and didnt see to much catching...Gonna hit the rocks a few times this week to see if they have any flatties hiding in them...

Great report blazin thats what its all about.

storminsteve
06-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Awesome reports gents. I fished moco twice this weekend. Got a few blues on metal sun morning,. skunk-ola the time before that. finchaser if you got skunked it must be real bad out there. dark has said that you could catch fish in a rain puddle. Sorry to hear that. blazin that was awesome good mojo on you for taking them out!

basshunter
06-11-2014, 07:45 PM
wow sounds like you had a blast thanks for the report.

7deadlyplugs
08-03-2014, 05:08 PM
^^^ Nice job she looks happy he must be so proud of her and that tuna.
Here is a cool pic.

Great pics fellas. This one is awsome might use it for a screen saver. Thanks for sharing.

surfstix1963
08-04-2014, 05:44 AM
Priceless to see a smile on a kids face.Doesn't get any better then that.

jigfreak
05-05-2015, 07:09 AM
B&N posted this. little girl and her uncle catching her first blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERktQYGjrHY

buckethead
05-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Very nice here is one of a young man and his first bluefish. congrats Nathan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VnfG5uliys

fishinmission78
05-16-2015, 08:10 AM
This was kind of cute. These tykes were fishing mothers day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01fYWBPrxw4

DarkSkies
08-21-2015, 08:30 AM
Fishinmission great post. Thanks for sharing.

I posted this earlier.........a father took his daughter out fishing.....

Passing it on......
Finchaser was talking about this....I thought I would add to his thoughts here......http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/HappyWave.gif

"A lot of folks may not realize this but there is a decline in interest in fishing by the younger generation. They are used to the instant gratification of the internet world and electronic devices.

What this will eventually do....
1. Put some good party and charter boats out of business. (also helped by the restrictive regs)
2. Make fishermen, as a group, one of the least effective political interest groups out there.

The writing is on the wall.
When I was a kid I used to have trouble sleeping at night if I was going fishing the next day. My excitement overwhelmed me.

Today that is very different. It is tough to get younger folks interested....and even tougher to keep their interest when the "catching" is so inconsistent.....

For that reason it's a beautiful thing to see a report like this....father taking his daughter fishing
The fishing or catching is not always the focus...but the shared experience between father and son...or father and daughter....is priceless. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing that.
Looks you both had a great time.....and memories to last.
She couldn't have a better guide to teach her about fishing....
Best of luck for the rest of the season."

finchaser
08-21-2015, 05:14 PM
I went fishing with a high school kid and his grandfather ( who fishes maybe 5 times a year) today after signing him up for the fishing not drugs contest we managed 50 to 60 fluke of which 4 were keepers they were elated and he has memories that will last a life time and I got a big hug.

DarkSkies
08-21-2015, 06:08 PM
You actually let the kid hug ya without growling at him? :argue:
Ya must be getting milder in your old age! :laugh: :clapping: :thumbsup:

Sounds like a fantastic trip. Glad ya's all had a good time. :HappyWave:

cowherder
08-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Oh come on Ds he can't be that bad surely you're exaggerating!

clamchucker
09-13-2015, 05:32 PM
The first place winner from the njbba kids tourney yesterday. Kudos to the njbba they always put on a great event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=45&amp;v=mLPr6FXPDo0

surferman
11-08-2015, 08:24 AM
6 year old Sam Adams.
What an epic battle guys! 41lb striper. Congrats little man great job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNI-cOrs4M8

porgy75
11-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Fantastic job. Congrats young Sam. Really enjoyed watching it

VSdreams
11-08-2015, 01:20 PM
What a great catch. Good job Sam and grandpa!

Monty
11-08-2015, 05:59 PM
What a great catch. Good job Sam and grandpa!

What VSdreams said, awesome.

lostatsea
11-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Good team effort on the Dad and Granddad's part. The smiles on his face say it all. Thanks for sharing that was an awesome report.

fishinmission78
11-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Beautiful fish and story. Congrats

cowherder
11-10-2015, 08:14 AM
That video is like the old man and the sea only the "old man" is 6 years old. Really enjoyed that thanks for sharing.

fishgutz
11-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Fantastic read and enjoyable. thank you for posting. He will remember that day for the rest of his life.

hookedonbass
12-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Thought this was a postive article. A fish called walter. Father and son. Fishing together.

http://www.gore-tex.com/experiencemore/fish-called-walter/?CID=BIC-DP&fltlpub-188&utm_source=OB&utm_medium=Native_DP&utm_content=&utm_campaign=BIC-DP

nitestrikes
04-04-2016, 01:36 PM
^^^^ Pretty well-written, enjoyed it thanks.

nitestrikes
04-04-2016, 01:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D-o_d13Ebs&amp;ebc=ANyPxKri5S3NZSzcS8JvtcHg-yUkTxPHKH4hFe5qbRGZ99sQ-U49rblquMUrjzyHRqmjq0TAmEH703_TYlh6pUhQB-nmyyuNWA

It won't be long now before she won't need his help at all.

surferman
07-13-2016, 08:09 PM
9 year old girl fishing with her dad and family catches record 94 pound fish. Fantastic catch.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/9-year-old-sets-maryland-fishing-record-with-nearly-100-pound-fish/

surferman
07-13-2016, 08:12 PM
here's the YouTube video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-IdiumRobA

baitstealer
07-15-2016, 09:52 AM
Nice vid thanks for sharing it.

buckethead
07-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Fishinmission great post. Thanks for sharing.

I posted this earlier.........a father took his daughter out fishing.....

Passing it on......
Finchaser was talking about this....I thought I would add to his thoughts here......http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/HappyWave.gif

"A lot of folks may not realize this but there is a decline in interest in fishing by the younger generation. They are used to the instant gratification of the internet world and electronic devices.

What this will eventually do....
1. Put some good party and charter boats out of business. (also helped by the restrictive regs)
2. Make fishermen, as a group, one of the least effective political interest groups out there.

The writing is on the wall.
When I was a kid I used to have trouble sleeping at night if I was going fishing the next day. My excitement overwhelmed me.

Today that is very different. It is tough to get younger folks interested....and even tougher to keep their interest when the "catching" is so inconsistent.....

For that reason it's a beautiful thing to see a report like this....father taking his daughter fishing
The fishing or catching is not always the focus...but the shared experience between father and son...or father and daughter....is priceless. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing that.
Looks you both had a great time.....and memories to last.
She couldn't have a better guide to teach her about fishing....
Best of luck for the rest of the season."

good point, the only thing that seems to get the young folks out today is the Pokemon craze. Never seen anything like it.

I have been fishing at different times and seeing these kids walking around like zombies. Crazy stuff

buckethead
07-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Btw that is a great picture the girl fishing and enjoying the sunrise. Thanks for sharing.

captnemo
02-17-2017, 06:55 AM
One of the nicest threads I have read on any website. Good read, thank you.

stripermania
04-07-2017, 09:06 PM
X2.

ledhead36
04-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Very nice

captnemo
05-08-2017, 05:45 PM
recently posted on B&Ns.

https://youtu.be/7Z0xKeR1x3E

storminsteve
05-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Love posts like this, thanks for sharing.