PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot, Sewaren

DarkSkies
06-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Just got a phone report from Brian in SI. Things have really slowed down there, he hasn't caught a bass in almost 4 weeks. So he came to NJ to fish on the Jackpot.

His report:
"Last week, after reading all the reports from the Sal Cursi of the Cathy C, I figured we would go to NJ to get in on some of the fantastic bass action he was bragging about. I read Sal Cursi's raritan bay reports and I was :drool:.
Well, it turns out that guy was all hype!
I went on the Jackpot out of Sewaren. We went to old orchard, nothing. A few other spots, nothing. Finally we moved here and there near the channels, and got 3 bluefish and one striped bass that was barely 28", by pinching the tail it was legal. That was the pool winner. Although I had a good time on the jackpot and felt that the mates tried their best, I am not sure I will come all the way over to raritan bay to fish on a party boat for bass. I think I will go to brooklyn next time"

paco33
06-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I never liked that Capt Sal of the Cathy Sea. Thought he was a loudmouth and wildly exxagerated the bite. Almost as outlandish fish stories as Ristori. jmo. sorry your friend had a bad trip, I think the Jackpot is a good boat, my friend goes on there.

finchaser
06-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Can't believe people fish with Sal. He could care less he plays on lets save the bunker and bs reports what ever is good for businesss a true assho_e. Another snag and drop want to be:2flip: who can't catch fish without bunker