PDA

View Full Version : Power pro depth-hunter

xtreme_visions
06-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Thinking of changing my line to there 80lb test. Looking for some opinions on it.

fishinmission78
06-12-2011, 12:22 PM
What do you need 80lb for? Fishing bridges or inlets? I hate power pro, have had more mystery break-offs and wind knots with it than any other braid. Try berkley fireline, you won't go back.

xtreme_visions
06-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I am new to all of this. Although i may not need 80lb test the chart says its equal to 16lbs of the other line. So i figured it cant do any harm. I could use the extra strength i guess? I have snapped alot of this 20lb test mono line. Im gonna give the fireline a try. Alot of freshwater fishermen i know swear by the power pro. Just started using it on my freshwater poles. No problems yet. Ive picked up alot of great tips on this forum..thanks for introducing yourself to me any my girlfriend that day dark. Im gonna be out by where we met today. Come say hi if your in the area. Heading out now and will be there for awhile. If not the exact spot then on the pier.

Monty
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Fishing from the surf I use 30 lb Braid.
Like Fissinmission78 I also had the mystery break-offs with Powerpro.
I have heard great things about the fireline, I use Suffix Braid and like it.

storminsteve
06-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I have had mystery break offs with powerpro too. I think if if happens a lot, check your line guides., If not that, dump the PP.

finchaser
06-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I use 30 pound braid but wouldn't use power pro even if I got for free