PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers for Billy McFadden and the McFadden family...

DarkSkies
06-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Most of the guys who fish a lot already know this, but just in case there are others and they want to express their thoughts to the family....now would be the time to do it.

Some may know that Billy's house burned down in a fire back before the Asbury show in March. He had since then been alternately under the great care provided by Gene Amato (of the Asbury Club)and his wife, and some family members.

It was hoped at the time, that he would eventually get back into his house, and health would stay at the same level.

His health has deteriorated, his niece had him moved to a place near her, and he is now under hospice care. There is not much we can do for Billy now but pray for him and his family.

If there is anyone who knows the family personally, or Geno and his family, now might be a good time to ask them if they need any assistance, (which they probably don't). However, I find it's always good to ask, and try your best to comfort those in the family. They are going through a difficult time.

At one time, Billy was the standard plug builder in the surf community, that a lot of guys copied from. Some have given him recognition, some have taken him for granted. He has not been in the limelight lately because of all these issues.

However, we who fish, all owe a lot to him and the gentlemen of his era. They were all gentlemen, forged in a time when manners were important, respect was paramount, and was earned by spending time out there and earning it a little at a time.

I only met Billy a few times, and regret I botched a chance to interview him at a better time in his life. Nonetheless, he is a true gentleman, and someone who I have never heard an unkind word about.

If you can find it in your hearts, please choose however you can, to try to comfort his family or those close to him, who have helped him in his time of need.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and others. I am wishing them God's benevolence during this difficult time they are all in....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

Situations like this remind me that we should never take the existence of loved ones for granted, especially as they get older. We all say

"Oh yeah, I'm going to visit Uncle _______, or Aunt _____, "
and we all tell ourselves we are busy and will do it as soon as we get around to it.....

Well sometimes life has a funny way of getting in the way of things, and before we know it, those we "meant" to visit are in the hospital or gone.....

Food for thought for all of us....:learn:

clamchucker
06-25-2011, 11:44 AM
What a shame. I did not know that Dark. Billy has been around for many decades. We are all getting older, and too many of us old folks have gone in the last few years. Thoughts and prayers to Billy's family.

VSdreams
06-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Wow. I'll pray for them, thanks.

Monty
06-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Prayers sent, life can be very difficult at times.

finchaser
06-25-2011, 10:24 PM
prayers and thoughts sent to my friend of 40 years

storminsteve
06-26-2011, 01:27 PM
May God watch over him and his family right now.

fishinmission78
06-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Sad news, thoughts and prayers.

basshunter
06-26-2011, 05:00 PM
T&P to the family.

captnemo
06-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Best wishes to them all, this seems like a very bad time for them.

voyager35
06-27-2011, 09:45 AM
t&p for the family.

ledhead36
07-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Putting God's blessings on him.

speedy
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
very sad i use to talk to billy all time and show him my plugs he helped me a lot with my plug making he was impressed with my work he told me to keep doing
what i was doing . i allways looked up to him . he gave me a lot of plug to play with and to see how they are made he said to me to make sure that i pass
plug make on to my boys.. and i am ...his talks will be missed by me !!!!!

porgy75
07-18-2011, 03:38 PM
very sad i use to talk to billy all time and show him my plugs he helped me a lot with my plug making he was impressed with my work he told me to keep doing
what i was doing . i allways looked up to him . he gave me a lot of plug to play with and to see how they are made he said to me to make sure that i pass
plug make on to my boys.. and i am ...his talks will be missed by me !!!!!

Sounds like a good all-around type of guy, very sad. Prayers sent.

speedy
07-19-2011, 05:41 AM
great guy he new his stuff about plug making !!!!

DarkSkies
11-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Folks, I regret to inform you that Billy passed away last night. Anyone who wants info on the wake and funeral, it will be posted in this thread:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8123-Billy-Mcfadden-is-gone.....&highlight=billy+mcfadden

clamchucker
11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Thank you for the notice, dark. Sad news.