PDA

View Full Version : 1st Camping Trip of the year

c4charlie
07-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Last week, I got a chance to do some camping at Round Valley. Entire family came and we had a great time. Lots of fishing, swimming and fun. Many kinds of fish were caught. My youngest who turns five next month caught the most and also the largest fish of the trip. The funny thing is that he has now developed a new look for when he catches fish. No more big smile that you would expect from a kid, now it is the serious face that says, "This is how its done". Both boys have had a fishing pole in their hands since 1 year old. We have many 'sunfish don't count' fishing tournaments on our boat trips. Two boys vs Dad and the kids are winning big time. So much fun being around the little guys and seeing them have fun fishing and watching them develop. Here are some pics...

c4charlie
07-21-2011, 09:37 PM

plugginpete
07-21-2011, 09:46 PM
The funny thing is that he has now developed a new look for when he catches fish. No more big smile that you would expect from a kid, now it is the serious face that says, "This is how its done".Two boys vs Dad and the kids are winning big time. So much fun being around the little guys and seeing them have fun fishing and watching them develop.

Thats because he has his game face on, Mike Iaconelli look out! Great report thanks for sharing.

DarkSkies
07-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Game face, love it! :cool:
Those 2 love to fish, C4.

PlugginPete, it's highly possible that one day as they get older they could whip the "old" Iaconelli into a crushing defeat.

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but I think one of the greatest things about being a kid is being a kid, no expectations. I competed in sports when I was younger. Some parents pushed the children beyond what they were motivated to do, and it usually had some negative repercussions down the road. IMO the pressures of tournaments can sometimes make fishing a "job". It can take away from the fun of it, the sheer joy. There's nothing wrong with anyone participating in tournaments. I just feel that when children are young, the fun should be the focus. Anything else, can come later.

In the meantime, everyone looks like they had a blast. Great family fun and report. :thumbsup:

williehookem
07-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Awesome report, thanks for sharing.

cowherder
07-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Very cool stuff dad.

jigfreak
07-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Like the snake pic, Charlie. How far away were you when you shot it?

c4charlie
07-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks jigfreak. I have been meaning to resize and upload a few more pics of the snake. I was able to get about 4-5 ft from it. Kept sticking it tongue out and I didn't know if it was saying hello or get away from here.

finchaser
07-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Nice family ,cherish these times with them they get old quick

c4charlie
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Thanks Finchaser! Jigfreak, here are some more pics of the snake! We are going back this weekend and I got a new plan for the smallmouth bass. Kids found that there are crayfish under the rocks near the shore, we will be gathering and trying to catch some of the bigger smallmouth with the crayfish! Will report back on Mon/Tue!

porgy75
07-29-2011, 09:34 PM

Wisdom, lol!

Pebbles
07-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Looks like everyone had a great time Charlie. As finchaser said enjoy the times the years go by fast.

surfstix1963
07-31-2011, 05:15 AM
Great pics these are things they will never forget it just keeps bringing me back to my childhood at my grandparents house every summer crabbing fishing clamming they lived on the water I had a blast I wish I could do it all over again some of the best times of my life.I had a 16 ft. rowboat with an 18HP evinrude gone in the morning and just had to be back by dinner no cell phones no contacts just me & my cousin sometimes fishing poles clam rakes and a crabnet and we netted our fluke bait on sandbars before we hit Moriches Bay for a day on the water.

dogfish
08-01-2011, 07:56 PM

Blink of an eye.