PDA

View Full Version : Shark Week

cowherder
08-06-2010, 08:42 PM
There is some amazing footage of sharks, today they had a 16' half-dead basking shark come into a port in Italy wrapped up in the nets.They tried to revive it but it died. Some other cool footage. The other night a guy had a shark come into his cage with food. I don't know if I would ever do that, would you?:scared:

Doublerunner
08-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I wish. Working and training too much :(

surfwalker
08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
cowherder, I've caught bits and pieces of some of these shows, and like you say, the footage is amazing.

There's no way I would get into one of those cages, nor be in the water where these sharks dwell. The shows are as close as I wanna get to those sharks.

BassBuddah
08-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Tonight's show was absolutely crazy. They had a tiger shark destroy a bucket cam, then had a bunch of great whites come in and try to film the inside of their mouths as they chowed down on various cameras. I loved the shot of the great white doing a complete flip as it attacked the seal cam, though.

paco33
08-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I saw some of that. The footage is amazing. You wouldn't find me doing the filming of that either.

speedy
08-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Tonight's show was absolutely crazy. They had a tiger shark destroy a bucket cam, then had a bunch of great whites come in and try to film the inside of their mouths as they chowed down on various cameras. I loved the shot of the great white doing a complete flip as it attacked the seal cam, though. hey did you see that bucket after the tiger shark ate the camera now thats cool how about that guy on the sled behind the boat taking pictures 10 feet from the sled man that is sick:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::thumbsup::thumbsup:: thumbsup::thumbsup:

storminsteve
08-10-2010, 08:41 PM
The "seal sled" I think they called it, Speedy. They should have named it the death sled, that was some sick chit! :scared:
I was happy to be on the other side of the TV screen, those dudes have some balllllz.

dogfish
08-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Sick stuff, loved it.:clapping:

porgy75
08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
If you get a chance to watch it. They were talking about Chatham MA near Cape Cod.

nitestrikes
08-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Excellent show and footage. I like the shark beach series. Can you imagine getting your hand ripped by a shark and driving yourself 20 minutes to a hospital?

bababooey
08-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Anyone following it this week? Some great footage of great whites off Africa.

robmedina
08-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Catching a few shows here and there.

buckethead
08-07-2013, 08:13 PM
A lot of science purists apparently watch it. They were complaining about the show on the megalodon, said it wasn't authentic enough because they are extinct.

captnemo
08-09-2013, 03:28 PM
I saw parts of it last night. The ones with the 14 and 18 foot GW coming in and ripping the tuna apart. It's hard to appreciate unless you are right there. That jaw action was intense.

captnemo
08-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Also the other night they were off a southern coast. Blacktip sharks came in within a half hour based on the engine noise. I think they said folks were feeding them in that area. Kind of intimidating to know they come in close because they associate engines with food. To me that is like what they do in Alaskan bear country where some folks feed the bears. The biggest issue I have is that sooner or later the sharks become accustomed to associating food with engine noises.

cowherder
08-09-2013, 07:03 PM
^^ Saw the great whites that was crazy! I didn't know they had hinged jaws like that it makes them twice as intimidating as their mouth morphs to like 30% bigger size.

williehookem
08-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I think it is a good idea in shark tourneys they now have minimum sizes. There was a program on last night showcasing a Montauk shark tourney. It was tough too they went out in 6-10 foot seas to catch the winners. You can't always catch but when money is on the line there is a lot of pressure.

buckethead
08-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Shark smorgasbord - did anyone else see it? They took a rack of food and dipped it into the water. Fish, baby pig, chicken, watermelon, and some other dead things on strings. They wanted to see which ones the sharks would eat first. Pretty cool, but why the watermelon?

voyager35
08-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Saw that buckethead. Very interesting. Don't know why they used watermelon either. Maybe to establish a control element, or to prove that sharks will hit anything if they are curious enough?

dogfish
07-10-2015, 02:59 AM
Checking it out this week fellas. Ninja sharks, tonic immobility was interesting. Some sharks use it to immobilize their prey. Also orcas use it to immobilize and kill great whites.

bababooey
07-18-2015, 04:48 PM
I know most of you are serious about your sharks but you should check this out anyway just for ***** and giggles. This clip is sharknado 2. remiinds me of abbott and costello in its inane plot. Also heads up that sharknado3 will be shown July22 on SyFy if you have that channel. Catch it if you dare. Its the only way for Ian Ziering to keep getting work.:wheeeee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JkQioh0yk

fishinmission78
07-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Cutting sharks with a chainsaw and power saw lol. Almost like watching a cartoon.

williehookem
07-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Some of the most stupid shark shows Ive ever seen going on now. Hey it beats working in the hot sun. And they are running them all week. shark/gator, shark robot, shark gigantor. It's like the japanese that used to make the godzilla movies came and took over these shark movies.

cowherder
07-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Its the only way for Ian Ziering to keep getting work.:wheeeee:

haha haven't seen him much since beverly hills 90210. Some of those do have a lot of stars in them. Especially the jersey shore shark attack ones.

J Barbosa
07-20-2015, 10:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrt27dZ7DOA

Shark attacks surfer during competition, caught on video!