PDA

View Full Version : If I were from Joisey........

JustEd
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Or New York for that matter, and knew someone from Rhode Island, I would be hitting the road to fish with that person during the next new moon.
You guys here all know someone from there, and all you gotta do is ask..........

surferman
09-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow! now those look like real stripers, not the little runts we have around here now. Nice catch how big were they?

JustEd
09-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Those 2 were from last year. Kept because they swallowed the Eels too deep and were near death when landed. The other 2 dozen, most bigger than these two 20 lbs or so fish, lived to swim another day. If you want to break 40 and make the odds a little better than any other time of the year, the next new moon here should be epic tides.

VSdreams
09-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Is it possible to get fish up there without skishing to the rocks, like with just korkers?

JustEd
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Most of my fishing is done on spiked feet............
The answer is yes, some of the best Bass water you have ever seen is walkable.
I like the fact that Montauk calls itself the surfcasting capitol of the world, keeps the crowds away from here.

storminsteve
09-06-2011, 08:44 PM
In about 2 weeks montauk is going to look like the fishermens version of woodstock, and smell like it too. Where else can you go and have only 6" of space between you and the other guy? Paradise:kooky: btw nice fish justEd.

JustEd
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I have made the run to "M" for a few years now. To be absolutely honest I'll stay home for the fall from now on. There are nights I see no one else when visability is miles. Folks I know were catching more and larger fish here than I was there. The place is a complete Zoo, and takes all I can do to not get arrested for throwing a dozen people in the water at the light house.

DarkSkies
09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
I There are nights I see no one else when visability is miles. Folks I know were catching more and larger fish here than I was there..

The only way to understand Rhodie is to experience it. People need to have something put right before them sometimes before they understand the true beauty. This is a very generous offer from a guy who knows Rhodie like the back of his hand..

He can get a little cranky at times... ;) :HappyWave:...but there ain't too many guys who know Rhodie like Ed does. :thumbsup:

If ya have a chance, you folks should take him up on his offer. :fishing:

JustEd
09-07-2011, 12:11 PM
He can get a little cranky at times...:

I never get Cranky Rich.............. pissed off, yeah, never cranky.
and no one knows my home turf like me, no one...................
When you know Rhodie you can fish anywhere else and be ahead of the curve as well